Removing System Healer with Malwarebytes or Spy Hunter

Cristóbal

Hello list,

So I don’t know how, but it seems I have some malware on one of my desktop machines called System Healer. Browser hijacker, redirector, false positives with prompts to buy protection tools, etc.

In any event, Looking around on how to remove it, I come across the solution of using Spy Hunter. I’m a Malwarebytes user and on this particular machine, I simply hadn’t’ gotten around to installing Malwarebytes (oh well). I downloaded and ran a demo version of Malwarebytes (V 1.75) but the machine comes up clean even though I still see System healer on my computer.

My question is this, is there a way to specifically target a process or folder or file to scan and quarantine with Malwarebytes? Searching around, I can select a drive or type of scan (full, quick or flash), but can’t find anything to target a particular folder/file/process.

That aside, has anyone used Spy Hunter and have they found it to be accessible with Jaws? In my case, JFW 17. Naturally, the scan and detect aspects are free, but removal is only with a license. I’m not against paying for a malware tool. I’ve got a paid version of Malwarebytes on my personal laptop, but before I go and shell out $30 or $40, I’d like to know whether I would even be able to use it at all without calling over the sighted wife to the rescue.

Alternatively, has anyone dealt with this program and were they able to remove it from their system with any particular tool that is reasonably Jaws accessible? There are manual instructions on how to remove System healer, but they involve delving into the registry, other system files and so on. I’d prefer not to go that route if possible.

Thanks,

Cristobal

Sylvia <sylvia0647@...>

Hello, I haven’t used spy hunter, however, I can suggest a program that should be able to get rid of those nasty infections. Its called ADW cleaner.

Sent: Friday, November 13, 2015 10:42 AM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] Removing System Healer with Malwarebytes or Spy Hunter

Hello list,

So I don’t know how, but it seems I have some malware on one of my desktop machines called System Healer. Browser hijacker, redirector, false positives with prompts to buy protection tools, etc.

In any event, Looking around on how to remove it, I come across the solution of using Spy Hunter. I’m a Malwarebytes user and on this particular machine, I simply hadn’t’ gotten around to installing Malwarebytes (oh well). I downloaded and ran a demo version of Malwarebytes (V 1.75) but the machine comes up clean even though I still see System healer on my computer.

My question is this, is there a way to specifically target a process or folder or file to scan and quarantine with Malwarebytes? Searching around, I can select a drive or type of scan (full, quick or flash), but can’t find anything to target a particular folder/file/process.

That aside, has anyone used Spy Hunter and have they found it to be accessible with Jaws? In my case, JFW 17. Naturally, the scan and detect aspects are free, but removal is only with a license. I’m not against paying for a malware tool. I’ve got a paid version of Malwarebytes on my personal laptop, but before I go and shell out $30 or $40, I’d like to know whether I would even be able to use it at all without calling over the sighted wife to the rescue.

Alternatively, has anyone dealt with this program and were they able to remove it from their system with any particular tool that is reasonably Jaws accessible? There are manual instructions on how to remove System healer, but they involve delving into the registry, other system files and so on. I’d prefer not to go that route if possible.

Thanks,

Cristobal

Carlos

Like any other malware scanner, Malwarebytes will only remove items which are in it's definition database.  If a full scan did not find it, then it is not in the definition database.  A full scan searches the entire drive.  You cannot simply target a folder or process which is not in the database for removal.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, November 13, 2015 10:41 AM

Hello list,

Thanks,

Cristobal

Carlos

Hello Sylvia,
ADW cleaner is not a malware scanner.  It removes toolbars, adware, and other similar unwanted promotional software, but it does not remove destructive malware and cannot substitute for a malware scanner like Malwarebytes.

Sent: Friday, November 13, 2015 10:44 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Removing System Healer with Malwarebytes or Spy Hunter

Hello, I haven’t used spy hunter, however, I can suggest a program that should be able to get rid of those nasty infections. Its called ADW cleaner.

Hello list,

Thanks,

Cristobal

Sylvia <sylvia0647@...>

Hi Carlos, thank you for the clarification. The reason I mentioned this software is because I recently had to remove a browser hijacker from my laptop and I used ADW cleanrer to get rid of it.

Sent: Friday, November 13, 2015 11:00 AM

Hello Sylvia,

ADW cleaner is not a malware scanner.  It removes toolbars, adware, and other similar unwanted promotional software, but it does not remove destructive malware and cannot substitute for a malware scanner like Malwarebytes.

Hello list,

Thanks,

Cristobal

Carlos

ADW cleaner usually only removes things like toolbars and highjackers which are included in some application installers and may be annoying, but not maliciously destructive.

Sent: Friday, November 13, 2015 11:01 AM

Hi Carlos, thank you for the clarification. The reason I mentioned this software is because I recently had to remove a browser hijacker from my laptop and I used ADW cleanrer to get rid of it.

Sent: Friday, November 13, 2015 11:00 AM

Hello Sylvia,

Hello list,

Thanks,

Cristobal

Armando <armando.l.vias@...>

I would recomend using ADW Cleaner to remove the malware. If you unexpectly have ads on your computer, you will ADW Cleaner to remove them. The easiest way to install Malware Bytes is the Ninite installer.
Go to
www.ninite.com
Under security, click on MalWare Bytes and then click get installer. Save the installer, open the installer in the folder that you saved in. Agree to the User Account Controll. Wait for the installer to be installing MalwareBytes. Thanks

Carlos

Well it certainly can't hurt to try, but as I said ADW cleaner is not really a malware scanner. I suppose if System Healer is adware/junkware then it might be detected by ADW cleaner, but my suspicion is that it is some kind of rogue malware scanner based on the name.

To: <TechTalk@groups.io>
Sent: Friday, November 13, 2015 12:40 PM

I would recomend using ADW Cleaner to remove the malware. If you unexpectly have ads on your computer, you will ADW Cleaner to remove them. The easiest way to install Malware Bytes is the Ninite installer.
Go to
www.ninite.com
Under security, click on MalWare Bytes and then click get installer. Save the installer, open the installer in the folder that you saved in. Agree to the User Account Controll. Wait for the installer to be installing MalwareBytes. Thanks

enes sarıbaş

On 11/13/2015 7:51 PM, Carlos wrote:
Well it certainly can't hurt to try, but as I said ADW cleaner is not really a malware scanner. I suppose if System Healer is adware/junkware then it might be detected by ADW cleaner, but my suspicion is that it is some kind of rogue malware scanner based on the name.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Armando Vias" <armando.l.vias@gmail.com>

Go to
www.ninite.com

Gerald Levy

Click on the following link to learn all about System Healer, including instructions for removing it:

http://www.spyware-techie.com/system-healer-removal-guide

Gerald

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, November 13, 2015 12:51 PM

Well it certainly can't hurt to try, but as I said ADW cleaner is not really
a malware scanner. I suppose if System Healer is adware/junkware then it
might be detected by ADW cleaner, but my suspicion is that it is some kind
of rogue malware scanner based on the name.
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Removing System Healer with Malwarebytes or Spy
Hunter

Go to
www.ninite.com

Cristóbal

Yes. I visited this site the other day. Again, it references Spy Hunter
which as I explained earlier, will scan and detect items, but in order to
remove you have to pay. Not dissimlar to System Healer in fact. I'm not
against paying for something, but I'd like to know if others have used Spy
Hunter and if they found it accessible to use with Jaws or a similar tool
that can do the job as Malwarebytes disappointingly can't do it.
Besides, it talks about going into safe mode (F8 on start up) and
downloading the program and so on. I had no problem downloading Spy Hunter,
but that was when I noticed the pay to play feature so to speak.

Sent: Friday, November 13, 2015 10:00 AM
Hunter

Click on the following link to learn all about System Healer, including
instructions for removing it:

http://www.spyware-techie.com/system-healer-removal-guide

Gerald

Sent: Friday, November 13, 2015 12:51 PM
Hunter

Well it certainly can't hurt to try, but as I said ADW cleaner is not really
a malware scanner. I suppose if System Healer is adware/junkware then it
might be detected by ADW cleaner, but my suspicion is that it is some kind
of rogue malware scanner based on the name.
Hunter

I would recomend using ADW Cleaner to remove the malware. If you
unexpectly have ads on your computer, you will ADW Cleaner to remove them.
The easiest way to install Malware Bytes is the Ninite installer.
Go to
www.ninite.com
Under security, click on MalWare Bytes and then click get installer. Save
the installer, open the installer in the folder that you saved in. Agree
to the User Account Controll. Wait for the installer to be installing
MalwareBytes. Thanks