Use groups.io Wiki to post list of resources and freeware? #poll

Carlos

Polls are a beta feature of groups.io so this is a good way to test it.

Results

See Who Responded

Kwork

Love it, and easily accessible with NVDA and Firefox.
Travis

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, November 13, 2015 11:59 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] Use groups.io Wiki to post list of resources and freeware? #poll

A new poll has been created:

1. Use the Wiki for this kind of information
2. Send the list directly to the group on a schedule
3. Do both
4. I have no opinion one way or the other

Vote Now

Robin Frost

Ooh that was fun and you’re right very accessible indeed.
Robin

Sent: Friday, November 13, 2015 2:11 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Use groups.io Wiki to post list of resources and freeware? #poll

Love it, and easily accessible with NVDA and Firefox.
Travis
Sent: Friday, November 13, 2015 11:59 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] Use groups.io Wiki to post list of resources and freeware? #poll

3. Do both

Vote Now

joseph hudson <jhud7789@...>

Hello folks, I don't think y'all understand what Carlos has going on here we have a pole feature on this website, Which allows you to click a link and check the radio box and then hit the vote now button. So why don't we try to do that, instead of replying to all these messages and having a big fat discussion. If anybody needs help I am available for life phone calls that the information below.
Joseph Hudson
Email
I device support
Telephone
Twitter

FaceTime/iMessage

On Nov 13, 2015, at 12:59 PM, Carlos <carlos1106@...> wrote:

3. Do both

Vote Now

Carlos

Unfortunately, this is my own fault for not initially thinking of the poll so everyone is catching up and responding to the original message.

Sent: Friday, November 13, 2015 3:00 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Use groups.io Wiki to post list of resources and freeware? #poll

Hello folks, I don't think y'all understand what Carlos has going on here we have a pole feature on this website, Which allows you to click a link and check the radio box and then hit the vote now button. So why don't we try to do that, instead of replying to all these messages and having a big fat discussion. If anybody needs help I am available for life phone calls that the information below.
Joseph Hudson
Email
I device support
Telephone
Twitter

FaceTime/iMessage

3. Do both

Vote Now

Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@...>

Hi Carlos,

I think it is beneficial for some people who cannot access polls feature to respond to poll emails (I recommend using Excel or other programs to record the votes coming form the poll and replies).

Cheers,

Joseph

Sent: Friday, November 13, 2015 12:06 PM
To: TechTalk@groups.io

Unfortunately, this is my own fault for not initially thinking of the poll so everyone is catching up and responding to the original message.

Joseph Hudson

Email

I device support

Telephone

joseph.hudson89 facebook

Twitter

FaceTime/iMessage

3. Do both

Vote Now

Matt

Well, lots of us it is a pain as most of us cannot remember their password and I think you have to log in? I know when I go no mail and have to go up there 99 percent of the time I don’t know my password and have to jump through all kind of loops . If I knew how to go no mail by sending an email from my mail client like you would do to unsubscribe or subscribe I would do it that way. But I don’t and when I do I have to go to the site and try to login and it starts all over. JST

Sent: Friday, November 13, 2015 3:06 PM

Hello folks, I don't think all understand what Carlos has going on here we have a pole feature on this website, Which allows you to click a link and check the radio box and then hit the vote now button. So why don't we try to do that, instead of replying to all these messages and having a big fat discussion. If anybody needs help I am available for life phone calls that the information below.

Joseph Hudson

Email

I device support

Telephone

joseph.hudson89 Facebook

Twitter

FaceTime/iMessage

3. Do both

Vote Now

Carlos

To go "NoMail" send a message to:
To start receiving messages send a message to:
or

Sent: Friday, November 13, 2015 3:15 PM

Well, lots of us it is a pain as most of us cannot remember their password and I think you have to log in? I know when I go no mail and have to go up there 99 percent of the time I don’t know my password and have to jump through all kind of loops . If I knew how to go no mail by sending an email from my mail client like you would do to unsubscribe or subscribe I would do it that way. But I don’t and when I do I have to go to the site and try to login and it starts all over. JST

Hello folks, I don't think all understand what Carlos has going on here we have a pole feature on this website, Which allows you to click a link and check the radio box and then hit the vote now button. So why don't we try to do that, instead of replying to all these messages and having a big fat discussion. If anybody needs help I am available for life phone calls that the information below.

Joseph Hudson

Email

I device support

Telephone

joseph.hudson89 Facebook

Twitter

FaceTime/iMessage

3. Do both

Vote Now

Carlos

FYI, these addresses are also displayed in the message footers.

Joseph Hudson

Email

I device support

Telephone

joseph.hudson89 Facebook

Twitter

FaceTime/iMessage

3. Do both

Vote Now

Matt

Thanks for some reason never got that far down. Now that is nice!

Sent: Friday, November 13, 2015 3:22 PM

Joseph Hudson

Email

I device support

Telephone

joseph.hudson89 Facebook

Twitter

FaceTime/iMessage

3. Do both

Vote Now

Matt

Well, on 2nd look at it the no mail is just for the chat group not one for the normal list. So nice to have these links for the chat group but nothing for the normal group.

Sent: Friday, November 13, 2015 3:25 PM

Joseph Hudson

Email

I device support

Telephone

joseph.hudson89 Facebook

Twitter

FaceTime/iMessage

3. Do both

Vote Now

Matt

Thanks ! it will make my life so much easier.

Sent: Friday, November 13, 2015 3:21 PM

To go "NoMail" send a message to:

To start receiving messages send a message to:

or

Joseph Hudson

Email

I device support

Telephone

joseph.hudson89 Facebook

Twitter

FaceTime/iMessage

3. Do both

Vote Now

rajmund <brajmund2000@...>

Hi,
I agree with Matt here. Personally, I'd say have both.

Sent from an iPad. Please excuse any spelling errors. 

On 13 Nov 2015, at 8:15 p.m., Matt <matt..from.florida@...> wrote:

Joseph Hudson

Email

I device support

Telephone

joseph.hudson89 Facebook

Twitter

FaceTime/iMessage

3. Do both

Vote Now

Christina Stolze

I was trying to vote but it told me to log in. I don’t know what wiki is and I am somewhat of a newborn computer user so I think I would vote to either do both or just post it to the list once a month or something like that. Whatever works for you Carlos.

Christina

Sent: Friday, November 13, 2015 1:59 PM

3. Do both

Vote Now

rajmund <brajmund2000@...>

Hello,
Yes, it would be nice to have the main list, above or below the chat info. I know, some of us can modify the address, however, not everyone can.

On 13 Nov 2015, at 8:29 p.m., Matt <matt.from.florida@...> wrote:

Well, on 2nd look at it the no mail is just for the chat group not one for the normal list. So nice to have these links for the chat group but nothing for the normal group.

Joseph Hudson

Email

I device support

Telephone

joseph.hudson89 Facebook

Twitter

FaceTime/iMessage

3. Do both

Vote Now

Carlos

I added the addresses for the chat group to the footers myself as a reminder.  For some reason I assumed that the addresses for the main group were automatically included as well.  I thought I remembered seeing them at one point, but I could be wrong.

Sent: Friday, November 13, 2015 3:37 PM

Hello,
Yes, it would be nice to have the main list, above or below the chat info. I know, some of us can modify the address, however, not everyone can.

On 13 Nov 2015, at 8:29 p.m., Matt <matt.from.florida@...> wrote:

Joseph Hudson

Email

I device support

Telephone

joseph.hudson89 Facebook

Twitter

FaceTime/iMessage

3. Do both

Vote Now

Carlos

Hi Christina,
Just think of a Wiki as a webpage where you can post and share all kinds of information.  Wikipedia is one example of a Wiki.

Sent: Friday, November 13, 2015 3:35 PM

I was trying to vote but it told me to log in. I don’t know what wiki is and I am somewhat of a newborn computer user so I think I would vote to either do both or just post it to the list once a month or something like that. Whatever works for you Carlos.

Christina

3. Do both

Vote Now

Pamela Dominguez

I think you should send it to the list.  Pam.

3. Do both

Vote Now

Rajmund <brajmund2000@...>

Hello,
No. Only the owner's added, pretty much. And a link to unsubscribe, but again, that requires log in.

Date: Friday, November 13, 2015 9:02 pm

I added the addresses for the chat group to the footers myself as a reminder. For some reason I assumed that the addresses for the main group were automatically included as well. I thought I remembered seeing them at one point, but I could be wrong.
Sent: Friday, November 13, 2015 3:37 PM

Hello,

On 13 Nov 2015, at 8:29 p.m., Matt <matt.from.florida@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks,
Matt.from.florida@gmail.com
Thanks,
FYI, these addresses are also displayed in the message footers.
Well, lots of us it is a pain as most of us cannot remember their password and I think you have to log in? I know when I go no mail and have to go up there 99 percent of the time I don't know my password and have to jump through all kind of loops . If I knew how to go no mail by sending an email from my mail client like you would do to unsubscribe or subscribe I would do it that way. But I don't and when I do I have to go to the site and try to login and it starts all over. JST
Thanks,
Unfortunately, this is my own fault for not initially thinking of the poll so everyone is catching up and responding to the original message.
Joseph Hudson
Email
jhud7789@gmail.com
I device support
Telephone
https://www.facebook.......com/joseph.hudson.9404
Twitter
https://twitter.com/josephhudson89
FaceTime/iMessage
jhud7789@yahoo.com
On Nov 13, 2015, at 12:59 PM, Carlos <carlos1106@nyc.rr.com> wrote:
3. Do both
Vote Now
Sent from a Braille Sense

Carolyn Arnold

Yes. I entered the link. I had no idea what password to use.

Bye for now,

Carolyn

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, November 13, 2015 3:01 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Use groups.io Wiki to post list of resources and
freeware? #poll

Hello folks, I don't think y'all understand what Carlos has going on here
we have a pole feature on this website, Which allows you to click a link
and check the radio box and then hit the vote now button. So why don't we
try to do that, instead of replying to all these messages and having a
big fat discussion. If anybody needs help I am available for life phone