From: Bill Koppelmann
Sent: Monday, June 6, 2016 8:53 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] installing jaws

Hi Everyone,
I was wondering if maybe freedom scientific was still over jaws as I
thought that maybe it was under a new company or something.

It sounds like that I probably won't need to worry about a dongle,
unless I receive one in the package.
Oh, while I'm here, they used to have a disc with instructions, and I
think I remember actually getting a braille book of some kind with my
first package. Am I way off here, or what?
thanks,
Bill K.

Carolyn Arnold

Freedom Scientific has merged with a company called Optelec. They say
something different when you call Customer Service, but they say it
pretty fast, and I didn't catch exactly what they said. They do say
Freedom Scientific, but other stuff along with it.

I've lived in my town for 14 years, and am on the third name for my power
company and the second for my phone company, so we are just in an
evolving world.

Bye for now,

Carolyn

I was wondering if maybe freedom scientific was still over jaws as I
thought that maybe it was under a new company or something.

It sounds like that I probably won't need to worry about a dongle, unless
I receive one in the package.
Oh, while I'm here, they used to have a disc with instructions, and I
think I remember actually getting a braille book of some kind with my
first package. Am I way off here, or what?
thanks,
Bill K.

Matt

Well it is all in process and I think they might stay under the separate
name but who knows since they have been bought out. I sure most anything
could happen as the process goes on. Know one will know till someone high up
in FS finds out and get the ok to tell the public. But I don't think this is
something we at this time really need to worry about.

Matt.from.florida@gmail.com

I was wondering if maybe freedom scientific was still over jaws as I thought
that maybe it was under a new company or something.

It sounds like that I probably won't need to worry about a dongle, unless I
receive one in the package.
Oh, while I'm here, they used to have a disc with instructions, and I think
I remember actually getting a braille book of some kind with my first
package. Am I way off here, or what?
thanks,
Bill K.

Mike B <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Bill,

A Dongle would have to be purchased separtely, & with shipping & whatever other crap that gets added to the price, a dongle wil run around $55.00.  Freedom Scientific is now going by the name of, V F O, I believe.
Take care.
Mike
FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION! It comes bundled with the software.  Go Dodgers!

I was wondering if maybe freedom scientific was still over jaws as I thought
that maybe it was under a new company or something.

It sounds like that I probably won't need to worry about a dongle, unless I
receive one in the package.
Oh, while I'm here, they used to have a disc with instructions, and I think
I remember actually getting a braille book of some kind with my first
package. Am I way off here, or what?
thanks,
Bill K.

Carolyn Arnold

Yes. I couldn't catch what they said - V F O sounds like it.

Bye for now,

Carolyn

Matt.from.florida@gmail.com <mailto:Matt.from.florida@gmail.com>

I was wondering if maybe freedom scientific was still over jaws as I
thought that maybe it was under a new company or something.

It sounds like that I probably won't need to worry about a dongle, unless
I receive one in the package.
Oh, while I'm here, they used to have a disc with instructions, and I
think I remember actually getting a braille book of some kind with my
first package. Am I way off here, or what?
thanks,
Bill K.

Pamela Dominguez

Optelec is the company that makes my braille display. Yes, my power company has gone from Lioco, standing for Long Island Lighting Company, to LIPA, standing for Long Island Power Authority, to PSEG, standing for I forget what. It used to be PSE&G, but when they took LIPA over, they said they took out the and sign. Then, there is the phone company, which changed from New York Telephone, to NYNEX, to Verizon. Pam.