my bookshare concerns

Bill <billmeister@...>

Hi Ashley,
You asked me if I've tried Learning Ally, and I was a member of rfb, long before they changed their name, but now that they've changed their name, I don't quite know just how to proceed from here, if anyone has any ideas, I'd appreciate knowing.

Also to the other person who thought that I was complaining about Bookshare, I wasn't exactly complaining, but if I don't like the way the books come to me, and since I do have to pay money for the service, I'd just as soon have a service that I enjoy much better is all.
Bill K.

On Monday, June 6, 2016, 8:22 AM, Bill Koppelmann <billmeister@...> wrote:

Hi Ashley,
You asked me if I've tried Learning Ally, and I was a member of rfb,
long before they changed their name, but now that they've changed their
name, I don't quite know just how to proceed from here, if anyone has
any ideas, I'd appreciate knowing.

Also to the other person who thought that I was complaining about
Bookshare, I wasn't exactly complaining, but if I don't like the way
the books come to me, and since I do have to pay money for the service,
I'd just as soon have a service that I enjoy much better is all.
Bill K.

All you have to do is apply for a username and password then download the books to the bookshelf. There will be a download tab in which she will use to download them to your bookshelf.

Ron Canazzi

This reply from Ashley was gibberish on my end. I mean it was unreadable. It must have been some sort of glitch with your IPhone.

On 6/6/2016 10:21 AM, Ashley Breger via Groups.io wrote:
blockquote, div.yahoo_quoted { margin-left: 0 !important; border-left:1px #715FFA solid !important; padding-left:1ex !important; background-color:white !important; }

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

Pamela Dominguez

About learning ali: after they instituted a fee, when they were still RFB&D, they started giving away membership grants, or something. It seems, since they changed the name, they got rid of that. About paying for bookshare: see if your local library for the blind has a deal with bookshare for a free membership. I know they have it in New York. Pam.

You asked me if I've tried Learning Ally, and I was a member of rfb,
long before they changed their name, but now that they've changed their
name, I don't quite know just how to proceed from here, if anyone has
any ideas, I'd appreciate knowing.

Also to the other person who thought that I was complaining about
Bookshare, I wasn't exactly complaining, but if I don't like the way
the books come to me, and since I do have to pay money for the service,
I'd just as soon have a service that I enjoy much better is all.
Bill K.

Pamela Dominguez

Okay, where is your message?  Pam.

Sent: Monday, June 06, 2016 10:21 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] my bookshare concerns

[...]

Ann Parsons <akp@...>

Hi all,

I think I missed the first post in this thread. Pam's right in part.

I don't know anything about whether Learning Ally (note spelling) gives out grants, but Bookshare does.

You can check with your regional library, or if you are a student at an accredited educational institution, or if you volunteer to scan or proof books, you can have your membership paid for.

Ann P.

About learning ali: after they instituted a fee, when they were still RFB&D,
they started giving away membership grants, or something. It seems, since
they changed the name, they got rid of that. About paying for bookshare:
see if your local library for the blind has a deal with bookshare for a free
membership. I know they have it in New York. Pam.
--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring

"All that is gold does not glitter,