From: "Joe Giovanelli" <joegio1@earthlink.net>
To: <TechTalk@groups.io>
Sent: Sunday, November 29, 2015 10:52 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] tracks on a cd are in the wrong order

hello Everybody,

I have used Easy CD-DA Extracter for a long time. I never had a problem.

In this case, I had to copy a cd, which is close to 80 minutes long. I put all the files into a folder just the way I always do it. The tracks are in the right order. The tracks on the finished disk are not.

It could be that the length of the disk is greater than the standard 74 minute disk length. I don't know.

Bottom line! How can I copy the disk with all tracks in their right order?

Joe Giovanelli

Joe Giovanelli

Yes, Carlos. That's the scoop.

Joe G.

So just to clarify, are you saying that you ripped the CD and then burned
the generated files on to a new CD?
I have used Easy CD-DA Extracter for a long time. I never had a problem.

In this case, I had to copy a cd, which is close to 80 minutes long. I put
all the files into a folder just the way I always do it. The tracks are in
the right order. The tracks on the finished disk are not.

It could be that the length of the disk is greater than the standard 74
minute disk length. I don't know.

Bottom line! How can I copy the disk with all tracks in their right order?

Joe Giovanelli

Carlos

What program did you use to burn the files on to a new disc? Are the tracks sequentially numbered? If so, perhaps some kind of track randomize function was unintentionally enabled in the burning software. The fact that the disc is longer than 74 minutes should make no difference. In either case, you might be better off using burning software which can make a direct disc to disc copy like AnyBurn
http://www.anyburn.com/
or CDBurnerXP.
http://www.cdburnerxp.se/

So just to clarify, are you saying that you ripped the CD and then burned
the generated files on to a new CD?
I have used Easy CD-DA Extracter for a long time. I never had a problem.

In this case, I had to copy a cd, which is close to 80 minutes long. I put
all the files into a folder just the way I always do it. The tracks are in
the right order. The tracks on the finished disk are not.

It could be that the length of the disk is greater than the standard 74
minute disk length. I don't know.

Bottom line! How can I copy the disk with all tracks in their right order?

Joe Giovanelli

William Vandervest

I have seen this problem before, if the tracks ar renamed using 2digits instead of just 1 the sequencing should be corrected

There Are None So Blind As Those Who Will Not See
William and LD Lynerd
timelord09@comcast.net

Carlos

True enough. Although I was assuming that the tracks were named using two digits since he indicated they were displayed in the correct order when viewed in the folder. If only one digit were being used, then Explorer would also not display them in the correct order.

I have used Easy CD-DA Extracter for a long time. I never had a problem.

In this case, I had to copy a cd, which is close to 80 minutes long. I put
all the files into a folder just the way I always do it. The tracks are in
the right order. The tracks on the finished disk are not.

It could be that the length of the disk is greater than the standard 74
minute disk length. I don't know.

Bottom line! How can I copy the disk with all tracks in their right order?

Joe Giovanelli

com=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
If you want to view a list of resources and freeware, visit the Tech Talk Wiki:
https://groups.io/g/TechTalk/wiki/List-of-resources-and-freeware

You can also view/download the list from the "files" section:
https://groups.io/g/TechTalk/files

To review a list of posting guidelines, go to:
https://groups.io/g/TechTalk/wiki/Posting-Guidelines

Note that the Wiki is public so can be viewed by anyone without the need to login with a password. The "files" section cannot be made public so can only be viewed by members and requires you to login.

To join this group, send an email to:
TechTalk+subscribe@groups.io

To send a message to this group, send the message to:
TechTalk@groups.io

To stop receiving messages via email (you may still read messages on the Webgg1send an email to:
TechTalk+nomail@groups.io

To receive message digests instead of individual messages send an email to:
TechTalk+digest@groups.io

To receive individual messages instead of digests, send an email to:
TechTalk+single@groups.io

If you want to discuss anything non-tech related, please move the conversation to our chat subgroup.

To join the chat subgroup, send a message to:
TechTalk+chat+subscribe@groups.io

To unsubscribe from the chat subgroup:

To message the chat subgroup:
TechTalk+chat@groups.io

To set the chat subgroup to "no mail":
TechTalk+chat+nomail@groups.io

To enable mail for the chat subgroup:
TechTalk+chat+single@groups.io
or
TechTalk+chat+digest@groups.io
com=-=-
Groups.io Links:

Mute This Thread: https://groups.io/mt/202740?uid=11729

Group Home: https://groups.io/g/TechTalk
Contact Group Owner: TechTalk+owner@groups.io
com=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Joe Giovanelli

Hi again,

As it happens, track names were single digits. I renamed each one but the tracks still do not copy in the correct order.

Just tried Express Burn, and, as you'll see if you read my reply to that message, the program does not seem to work. I know it could be pilot error!

Joe G.

[...]

Did you try either of the applications I suggested? They can both copy discs as well.

[...]

Walter Ramage

Hi. OK, let's see! 1. Place the disc you want copied in the disc drive. 2
launch Express Burn. 3. Do as you have done before and be sure you have
checked The audio Disc option then tab to "Create." 4. Now press the alt key
and then arrow right once and then arrow down, or up until you hear "copy
Disc." and press enter. From this point you follow the prompts. I'm
heading for bed now so I can't take you through the whole process but if you
have trouble then let me know and I'll do that for you tomorrow, make sure
you have the blank disc handy because when Express Burn has taken an image
of the disc you want copied it will spit it out and ask you to replace it
with a blank disc and proceed to burn it. Walter.

[...]

Ron Canazzi

Hi Group,

When I use burning software over the years: Nero, Adaptech, XP Burn and so on, when I number the tracks with double digits: 01 02 03 and so on, and when I then choose sort by name descending, the tracks always come out right. Try that with any or all burning software and see what happens.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Joe Giovanelli" <joegio1@earthlink.net>