Topics

Working with Messenger

Eleni Vamvakari

I'm finally free of Skype! It seems that Messenger (the one used on
Facebook) is actually accessible with NVDA! I went to

http://www.messenger.com

and could easily navigate the page. This is quite different from when
I first tried it a few years ago. But I do have a few questions. Is
there a way to always enable my microphone so that I don't have to do
it each time I call someone? How do I go to the alerts in Firefox in
general? Can I make it so that only the conversation that I'm in is
visible? Is there a way to turn on sounds for sending and receiving
messages, and to let me know who is calling me? How do I delete
contacts in Messenger who I deleted or even blocked on Facebook? How
can I check audio messages that were left for me? Is there an
accessible client that I can download that works with Messenger? I
know of an unofficial one called Messenger for Desktop, but the
installer was completely inaccessible. Still, the developer seems
eager for suggestions, so this may be something that the blind
community can test.

https://messengerfordesktop.com/#download

Finally, can anyone recommend any other general software that I can
use for chat and/or calls between computers? Ideally, it should be
like Msn/Windows Live Messenger or Accessible Chat, as I liked the
simple interface. Thank you.

Thanks,
Eleni

--
Facebook: elvam2167@gmail.com

anyaudio.net: elvam2167

Skype: elvam2167

Eleni Vamvakari

Can anyone please help me regarding these issues? If not, can someone
recommend better software?

On 29/05/2018, Eleni Vamvakari <elvam2167@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

I found an instant messenger whose client looks totally accessible.
But I couldn't sign up from inside it. Instead, I had to go to their
website. I entered the information, but there was some kind of
dialogue, because I couldn't agree to the terms of service. So yet
again, something else can't be used! Here is the service. Note that
they have an enterprise plan and a personal one. The latter is free,
but even the former costs very little.

https://www.brosix.com/

Anyway, I guess I'l have to do what I did with all of those
inaccessible recorders and just keep downloading one until either I
find something, or just give up, as I did in the first case.