Annoying problem

Nancy Hill

Hi All,

I don't remember what started this situation, but I would dearly love to put an end to it.

I am using win 7, jaws 16, Thunderbird email client. To my knowledge nothing has been recently updated.

The situation: I get a Free Books newsletter just about every day. It allows me to connect to Amazon to then choose and buy the book. After I use the link on the email, before it connects me to Amazon, it seems like something else must show up on the screen and is read. It says: History tree view, Today and closed. I want to stop this interim item that shows up and is read. I must have done something to make this actually present itself to be read, but I don't like it and want to know how to get it settled back into the silence.

After 'history tree view, today closed is read, the link continues on to Amazon where I transact as normal.

This happens with each link I click on, always on the way to the destination of the link. It is not limited to links to Amazon.

I would dearly appreciate any advice, suggestions, etc you could provide to help me get back to normal.

Many Thanks,

Nancy

Gene

When people describe a problem, will they please specify all programs being used when the problem occurs?  In other words, in the current case, you aren't just using Thunderbird.  You are clicking on a link, telling your browser to open a window.  The problem is very likely that you turned something on in your browser.  Since you don't specify your browser, we don't know if we are giving the correct information to stop the problem.

[...]

George Basioli <gbmagoo@...>

Also how about if you put more then anoing problem in the subject so we can deside if we can help instead of opening the mail and can not help

thanks

[...]

Sorry...Being pleased that I remembered to list  other things...

As far as I know I have IE 9.  But if I need to be totally precise, then please tell me how to check.

Thanks!

Nancy

On 6/10/2016 8:31 AM, Gene wrote:
[...]

Sorry, I just didn't know how to make it fit on a subject line.

Nancy

On 6/10/2016 8:39 AM, George B wrote:

[...]

Carlos

Hello Nancy,

Press Alt V to open the
"View"
menu, select
"Explorer bars"
and make sure that the
"History"
item is not checked.

Sorry...Being pleased that I remembered to list other things...

As far as I know I have IE 9. But if I need to be totally precise, then please tell me how to check.

Thanks!

Nancy

Gene

No, you don't have to be more precise than that.  Try opening Internet Explorer.
Once opened, issue the command control shift h.  I believe that will solve the problem.

[...]

How about not using phrases that contain no information such as puzzling problem and use phrases that give some idea of what the message is about.  For example. IE says history every time I follow a link from an e-mail.  A lot of people evidently don't know what the purpose is of the subject line.  I'm not saying you do or don't.  I'm simply saying that a lot of people don't.  It is not to give a subjective explanation of something with no information.  nor is it to make a request with no meaningful information such as need help.  It is to provide some information about what the message is about.  Some list members decide to read messages based solely on subject lines.  Subject lines such as need help. a curious question, a puzzling problem probably result in lots of messages being skipped by lots of people.

[...]

<!--[if !supportLineBreakNewLine]-->
<!--[endif]-->

Nancy Hill

Thanks to ALL...My History Problem has gone away.

I am so thankful to have a source of wisdom and ideas.

Nancy

On 6/10/2016 2:20 PM, Carlos wrote:
Hello Nancy,

Press Alt V to open the