From: win10@win10.groups.io [mailto:win10@win10.groups.io] On Behalf Of Joseph Lee
Sent: Friday, June 17, 2016 11:28 AM
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Subject: [win10] Announcing Windows 10 App Essentials NVDA add-on version 16.06.1 #NVDASR #Redstone

Hi all, mostly NVDA folks:

I’m delighted to announce the immediate release of Windows 10 App Essentials add-on 16.06.1. The release notes can be found here:

http://github.com/josephsl/wintenapps/releases/latest

Among other things, this version allows NVDA to announce notifications from Edge web browser (such as download status (download prompt for Redstone)), as well as providing workarounds for Redstone version of Calculator app.

Good luck.

P.S. I believe you should not be left in the dark as to what screen reader developers are doing in terms of Windows 10 (particularly Redstone) support, hence this post. For members of the Win10 group: besides NVDA and Narrator, users of other screen readers that declare support for Windows 10 are always welcome.

Cheers,

Joseph

RJ Sandefur <manbatsandefur@...>

How do I get on this windows ten list? RJ

On 6/17/2016 2:34 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi all,

If you are an NVDA user, hope you find the following useful.

Regarding Redstone: getting stable (two preview builds in the span of three days with MS concentrating on bug squashing). Apart from some things with universal apps, Redstone is usable by users of current versions of screen readers.

Regarding Win10 group (and its subgroups): Users of screen readers declaring support for Windows 10 are always welcome (currently Narrator, JAWS for Windows, Window-Eyes, NVDA and others), and we’re actively discussing Anniversary Update topics at the moment.

Cheers,

Joseph

I’m delighted to announce the immediate release of Windows 10 App Essentials add-on 16.06.1. The release notes can be found here:

http://github.com/josephsl/wintenapps/releases/latest

Among other things, this version allows NVDA to announce notifications from Edge web browser (such as download status (download prompt for Redstone)), as well as providing workarounds for Redstone version of Calculator app.

Good luck.

P.S. I believe you should not be left in the dark as to what screen reader developers are doing in terms of Windows 10 (particularly Redstone) support, hence this post. For members of the Win10 group: besides NVDA and Narrator, users of other screen readers that declare support for Windows 10 are always welcome.

Cheers,

Joseph

Lenron

I was wondering the same.

--
Lenron Brown
Cell: 985-271-2832

Hi,
Group homepage: http://win10.groups.io
Subscribe: win10+subscribe@groups.io
Note that Win10 topics are allowed on other general tech lists as well (according to our moderator).
Cheers,
Joseph

[...]

Tomas janssen <janto10@...>

Thanks