Topics

HP4000K keyboard

Curtis Delzer

Hi all. I just bought and am using a HP4000K bluetooth keyboard, which
will work with either the windows or mac OS. I really like it except one
tghing; I can't find the home / end, insert / delete keys. The keyboard
has 2 windows' keys on each side of the respective alt keys, and the
function key which makes a lot of the home keys into number keys is next
to left hand control, but I haven't yet found "delete" or "insert.
Reading the book is a bit daunting since the obvious picture is not
there for a blind person and since I can't see at all, I wonder if
someone has a quick solution to my issue, the function key plus which
key or, what? The f2-f12 keys seem to be above the number row. It is a
nice little keyboard and easy to type on, just need that insert /
delete key function. :)
I just bought the same keyboard from Amazon which blind bargains had
advertised for just a dollar more for the taxes, and I got it in one day,
so check your Amazon to see if the same items are available there for
just the sales' tax added and 2-day shipping for prime members means
you'll receive it faster than on that web site which charged just the
$14.99 which I paid plus my California sales' tax. :)----
Curtis Delzer, HS.
K6VFO
San Bernardino, CA

Matt

Hi, if you are using jaws just put the keyboard in training mode and go thru
the keys. It should tell you the delete key when you tap it. it does on my.

Matt.from.florida@...

[...]

Pamela Dominguez

I can tell you that that doesn't fully work if you are using window eyes. There are some keys on my laptop it won't tell me. In fact, when I press those keys, it jumps out of training mode. Pam.

[...]

-----
No virus found in this message.

Gary Bowers <gdbowers@...>

Hi Curtis,

I don't know where the keys are, but I found out that you must hold down the
FN key to use the numeric keypad with that model.

You do have a one year warranty with HP that includes phone support.

Hopefully someone else can be more helpful.

Gary

[...]

Hi, the obvious, of course! now the question is, how to put jfw in that
mode? the insert key, 1, isn't it? Thanks!
-----
Curtis Delzer, HS.
K6VFO
San Bernardino, CA

On Sun, 19 Jun 2016 14:07:06 -0400
"Matt" <matt.from.florida@...> wrote:

[...]

Jeremy <jeremy.richards7@...>

Hi Curtis,

This is a neat little find. If I may, I'd like to ask the following
questions...

1. Does the keyboard have all 12 function keys above the number row?

2. I'm assuming there's no numpad to the right of the keyboard, right?

3. Is the FN key on the bottom row of keys to the right, or is it to the
left of the control key?

4. Can you make the task bar show by pressing right winkey+T?

5. Does pressing FN key+U simulate pressing of the Home key?
Does pressing Function key+O simulate pressing the NumPadPageUp key?

6. Assumption, I'm assuming the 6-pack of keys is missing due to space
constraints.

Don't forget that you can turn on jaws help and press various keyboard
commands to help you determine what the respective keyboard command will do.

Is this the correct link to the keyboard you posted?
Amazon.com: HP K4000 Bluetooth Keyboard
https://is.gd/bSt7Gb

JR

[...]

Yes that is it!

Matt.from.florida@...

[...]

It works with jaws don't know about WE. I would assume it had something
similar.

Matt.from.florida@...

[...]

Hi Curtis. Try pressing Capslock+1 to turn on JAWS help.

JR

[...]

Well if you have jaws set to use the cap lock key as a jaws key.

Matt.from.florida@...

[...]

Oh yeah, in order to be able to use the capslock key with this Bluetooth
keyboard, don't forget to go into jaws dialogue and set your keyboard layout
for laptop rather than desktop.

JR

[...]

Curtis. One more thing about this HP 4000 keyboard,
When closing an application, can you directly press Alt+F4, or do you have
to press Fn+Alt+F4?

JR

[...]

Ann Parsons <akp@...>

Hi all,

What screen reader are you using? You want to find its key describer mode. I think in Jaws it's insert f1, but don't quote me.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."

Matt

It is insert and the number 1 key .

Matt.from.florida@...

What screen reader are you using? You want to find its key describer mode.
I think in Jaws it's insert f1, but don't quote me.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring
EMAIL: akp@...
Skype: Putertutor

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."

George Basioli <gbmagoo@...>

Yes for jaws it is insert 1 and the same to turn it off. Note this is 1 in
the number row

What screen reader are you using? You want to find its key describer mode.
I think in Jaws it's insert f1, but don't quote me.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring
EMAIL: akp@...
Skype: Putertutor

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."

Curtis Delzer

Hi, sorry for not sooner replying
1. all twelve function keys are located above the number row.
2. no numpad to the right.
3. FN key is to the left of the left hand windows key.
4. I think right hand windows key brings up Cortana

5. fn u I think
is the 4 5 6 for u i o with fn held down.
and, the arrows with the fn key simulate page up / page down and home
and end.

again so sorry for such a late reply.
-----
Curtis Delzer, HS.
K6VFO
San Bernardino, CA

On Sun, 19 Jun 2016 11:45:40 -0700
"Jeremy" <jeremy.richards7@...> wrote:

[...]

Hi, alt-f4 works.
-----
Curtis Delzer, HS.
K6VFO
San Bernardino, CA

On Sun, 19 Jun 2016 12:46:36 -0700
[...]

my only issue is that the window-eyes left click right click keys are
hard to simulate, just as jfws
-----
Curtis Delzer, HS.
K6VFO