Facebook help

Keith S

Hi, I had forgotten my facebook password a  while back and got locked out of my account.

Facebook has given me one of 2 options to  unlock my account.  The first is to enter my date of birth on record on my account.  Problem is, I purposely fudged the DOB when I made the account to throw off possible hackers in the case that  there was a data breech at Facebook.  So that option is out.

the other choice is to have 3 of a list of 5  people to go to a website and get a confirmation code for them to  send to me, which I need to enter.

I have tried this but all 3 of the people  said taht they get a messege on their computers stating that they are not friends with me on that account.

I actually want to close the locked account and simply use my new account that I have recently made.

Is there any way to contact facebook and actually have them look at the profile photo and compare it to my state ID photo?  When my wife has been locked out of her account due to people reporting her to FB for posting things that are "disagreeable" (in reality, the people reporting her posts just had grudges with her),  she had to make a photo or scan of her driver's license and send it to fb to confirm her identity.

And all these problems happened before the cambridge analytica scandal happened.

Or, are there any facebook listservs wehre I could get more detailed help with fb issues?

Thanks

Keith

Gene

Keith and all

This is an example of why you should keep a record of everything.  Don't assume you won't need something.  I don't use my real birthday either to protect myself against hackers.  I made a record of it so I can use it if I need to and also so I can use the same fictitious date consistently on accounts where my birthday is none of their business.  While this may not matter, if you are going to create a fallse record, I think its better for it to be consistent.

[...]

You also say you had forgotten your password.  I'm not giving you a hard time but keep a record of everything, every password and all information you create that is fictitious that you won't remember.

[...]

Eleni Vamvakari

Everything in my profile is real, except my name, which I state in my
biography. As here, I go by Eleni Vamvakari. I have never heard of
them actually requesting a legal identification picture! That's
crazy! Also, could they not just send you a text or an e-mail, either
with your information or with a link to a temporary password?
Regardless, it's good to have a file with your usernames and passwords
on different sites. If you use Firefox, there is also a way to
retrieve your passwords by viewing your login information.

--
Facebook: elvam2167@gmail.com

anyaudio.net: elvam2167

Skype: elvam2167

Keith S

When I tried to change my password, they do send me an email with a 6 digit code that I have to enter on the FB screen.  But, then they tell me there was an issue with the account and I need confirmation either my DOB or asking 3 people from the friends list  on that account.  I have to call them or talk to them in person, have them go to a fb website and get a confirmation code.

Keith

--
Facebook: elvam2167@...

anyaudio.net: elvam2167