Which is the better product; Google Home or Amazon Echo?

Walter Ramage

Hi folks.  It hasn’t interested me in the past but I’m toying with the idea of purchasing either a Google Home or An Amazon Echo.  The problem is, I don’t know which product is the best, especially in the area of accessibility.  My main use for the product would be radio listening.  I do have a number of DAB radios in the house but their presets are limited and it requires pressing a number of buttons to get the station required.  With either Google or Amazon I can ask for that station to be played.  I guess other skills might be useful but I don’t know all what is available however I’m not interested in having it turn on and off lights since I never use lights since I am total.  I understand that Amazon have a much wider range of products but I’m not really concerned about appearance as it is irrelevant to me.  Also I know some echoes have touch screens but do they have audio feedback?  As I have said, I’m toying with the idea and haven’t made my mind up but when I do and if I decide to make a purchase I’d like to have some idea of what I’m about to spend my money on.  All comments welcome.  Walter.

Bob

Hello:

Since radio is your priority, I would suggest the Amazon Echo.
Have a great day.

Bob

--
YOUR HEALTH IS YOUR MOST IMPORTANT PERSONAL ASSET!!!
TAKE THE CHALLENGE AT:

Gene

I don't recall the prices of the products.  If your main interest is, and continues to be radio, then it's a waste of money, in my opinion..  You can get more radio stations using your computer and you can send the signal, using an FM transmitter, to all the radios in your house.  Using an FM transmitter, I don't know if you'll lose any sound qualitty, but you should get good sound.

But you may decide, on learning more about what these devices do, that you want one for radio as well as other things.

Sent: Sunday, June 03, 2018 12:45 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] Which is the better product; Google Home or Amazon Echo?

[...]

Richard Brock

Hello Walter,
I recommend the Amazon, Echo. You can purchase an Echo, Dot for $39 thatt will give you all its features for a very reasonable price.
You will ve able to listen to many radio stations, plus have access to thousands of skills that are fun to interact with.
Good luck,
Rich

On 6/3/2018 1:45 PM, Walter Ramage via Groups.Io wrote:
[...]

Hi. Thanks. As much as I would like to listen to local and national radio
stations I wonder if the Echo would be able to find international radio
stations and if so, how is it done. Walter.

[...]

-

The amazon devices use the same internet radio feeds as on a computer. In other ords, if the station has a feed the devices will play them.

The satellite radio services can also be accessed, as can stations worldwide.

They are started by using the call letters of the station usually.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On
Behalf
Of
Richard Brock
Sent: 03 June 2018 20:32
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
[...]

Hi Janet,

If your ten-year old Bose stereo has either Bluetooth or a line in
jack then the answer is yes.

Laz

On 6/4/18, janet gross <janet.harvard@outlook.com> wrote:
[...]

Laz,
I don't think my Bose has Bluetooth, but maybe the line in jack though. I would have to check on rather it has Bluetooth or not. I'm not sure if Bluetooth was out ten years ago. Maybe it was though.
[...]

chris judge

Another quick question about google home versus amazon echo. Are apps for
both products equally accessible with voice over? Thanks.