From: Joe Orozco
Sent: Tuesday, June 05, 2018 8:21 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] Outlook 2016 Contacts

Hello,

I'm using the latest build of JAWS 2018 with Outlook 2016. I'm
experiencing this annoying issue where, when I flip to the Contacts
screen, I can arrow through the various contacts, but when I enter on
a contact I believe is highlighted, I discover someone else has been
activated. I have changed the view to Card View. In fact, I think I've
cycled through the various views, but nothing has helped. VFO tells me
it's an Office issue. I should consider updating Office, which to me
is code for, we don't know what the heck is bothering your software.
Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, how did you fix it? I can
go to Outlook 2013 if necessary, but I would rather not uninstall and
reinstall if I can avoid it.

Thanks,

Joe

Joe Orozco

No, sadly there is no pattern. I have tried Up and Down arrow as well
as Left and Right in an attempt to find just such a pattern. I'll
consider uninstalling and starting from scratch but was hoping I could
avoid that step.

Joe

Is there a pattern, for example, the second one up from where you are or
some reliable pattern that would allow you to easily compensate?

I'm using the latest build of JAWS 2018 with Outlook 2016. I'm
experiencing this annoying issue where, when I flip to the Contacts
screen, I can arrow through the various contacts, but when I enter on
a contact I believe is highlighted, I discover someone else has been
activated. I have changed the view to Card View. In fact, I think I've
cycled through the various views, but nothing has helped. VFO tells me
it's an Office issue. I should consider updating Office, which to me
is code for, we don't know what the heck is bothering your software.
Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, how did you fix it? I can
go to Outlook 2013 if necessary, but I would rather not uninstall and
reinstall if I can avoid it.

Thanks,

Joe

Gene

Is there another way to work with contacts such as a search feature?  Also, is autocomplete available?

On 6/5/18, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:
> Is there a pattern, for example, the second one up from where you are or
> some reliable pattern that would allow you to easily compensate?
>
> Gene

Carolyn Arnold

Auto-Complete does work in Outlook, so that does it for me right now.

Best regards,

Carolyn

[...]

Cristóbal

This is a pretty annoying bug in Jaws and Outlook.
I usually try to make sure that the window is maximized and even then I often have to doa say word to make sure I'm on the correct contact. That or by this time, I know I'm usually one contact off to the left or right and adjust accordingly. Also, for me anyway, up and down arrow makes me jump chunks in the list. Whereas left and right arrow allow me to go one by one.
All that said, I for the most part use the address book control plus shift plus B to access a contact anyway.

I'm using the latest build of JAWS 2018 with Outlook 2016. I'm
experiencing this annoying issue where, when I flip to the Contacts
screen, I can arrow through the various contacts, but when I enter on
a contact I believe is highlighted, I discover someone else has been
activated. I have changed the view to Card View. In fact, I think I've
cycled through the various views, but nothing has helped. VFO tells me
it's an Office issue. I should consider updating Office, which to me
is code for, we don't know what the heck is bothering your software.
Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, how did you fix it? I can
go to Outlook 2013 if necessary, but I would rather not uninstall and
reinstall if I can avoid it.

Thanks,

Joe

Cristóbal

To be clear, the issue with focus being off with Jaws and contacts is something I experience is in the contacts tab (control plus #3). In the addressbook, there are no issues.

[...]

Angelo Sonnesso

I just tried it and it is working fine.
I can't think of what I am doing different, but if you have any ideas where I can check, I would be happy to do so.

73 N2DYN Angelo