Topics

LG Revere 3

Marie

I am moving from a Revere2 to the Revere3 for my backup phone. A while back, someone posted directions for turning on the speech without sighted help when you first get the phone. I thought I had saved the message but am not able to find it. So if anyone remembers the directions, could you please re-post.
Thanks, Marie

Carolyn Arnold

Marie, I was hoping someone more sure than I am would answer
your query. Try this:

1. Open your LG Revere 3 phone.
2. Press the middle button, which is the menu. I am assuming
that you have no speech, so from here, be very careful.
3. Press 9. That will put you on Access.
4. Press the menu square again; it should be at Full Read
Out.
6. Press menu again, and see if it starts talking.
7. Then you'd have to press the menu square again to save
your changes.

From then on, whenever your phone is powered off, when you
turn it on, it will ask you if you want Full Read Out
restored. Just press the menu square.

Good luck. I hope this helps. I just feel so insecure doing
something like this without a clue.
Bye for now,

Carolyn

I am moving from a Revere2 to the Revere3 for my backup
phone. A while back, someone posted directions for turning
on the speech without sighted help when you first get the
phone. I thought I had saved the message but am not able to
find it. So if anyone remembers the directions, could you
please re-post.
Thanks, Marie

Marie

Thanks but it did not work. Luckily I was with my nephew last night and he was able to help me get the phone talking so all is fine.
Marie

Thanks but it did not work. Luckily I was with my nephew last night and he
was able to help me get the phone talking so all is fine.
Marie

I am moving from a Revere2 to the Revere3 for my backup phone. A while back,
someone posted directions for turning on the speech without sighted help
when you first get the phone. I thought I had saved the message but am not
able to find it. So if anyone remembers the directions, could you please
re-post.
Thanks, Marie

Carolyn Arnold

I'm fast at it, since I used to be a transcriptionist. One
thing I like about it is that if you put Speaker on, it
tells you the space number where you are. That way, you know
how many are left and if you got both Ls in, if you erased a
K and put an L back in well.

Bye for now,

Carolyn

I am moving from a Revere2 to the Revere3 for my backup
phone. A while back, someone posted directions for turning
on the speech without sighted help when you first get the
phone. I thought I had saved the message but am not able to
find it. So if anyone remembers the directions, could you
please re-post.
Thanks, Marie

Carolyn Arnold

That is my logic, Gene, plus the assurance of where I am and
read out when I'm through with the message. That way, if I
find I made an error, I can go back and fix it. I don't do a
lot of texting and well worth having this than the slippery
touch screen. With one of those, I feel like I'm trying to
walk on ice, slick ice at that!

Bye for now,

Carolyn

kimsansong@... <mailto:kimsansong@...>

Rob <captinlogic@...>

Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:
Many people do struggle and many don't but I haven't heard people say they love using touch screens or that they prefer them to keyboards.
I didn't exactly struggle learning my Android phone, but it wasn't a walk in the park either. I like it a lot, but I still type using my external braille display keyboard. I would definitely prefer a dumb phone with only a send and end button and no convoluted menus, like we used to have. But those no longer exist. Still, you can do a lot of things with your smart phone, once you get the hang of it.

Carlos

What it comes down to is that whether learning to use a touch screen is more difficult for some is not really the issue. Everyone has their preferences and should be able to share individual opinions here without fear of being criticized. I myself am in the perhaps less common position of not having any problems using a touch screen, but still not liking them or having much use for a smart phone.