From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Nancy Hill
Sent: Sunday, July 22, 2018 10:06 PM
To: TechTalk
Subject: [TechTalk] Blindy.TV

Hi All, does anyone else listen to the shows on Blindy.TV? It seems
like their channel for Drama has not been working for over a week now.
I have written to them to inquire, but have heard nothing.

Does anyone have any info on what is going on?

Thanks Muchly,

Nancy

Evan Reese

Well, I have all five channels bookmarked here, but the Scifi channel hasn't worked for many months. I wrote to them a few months ago asking them if they were going to restore it, but I got no response. Now the Drama channel is gone.
Sounds like maybe they're just letting it run itself and they're not going to fix the channels when they eventually quit.
Evan

Hi All, does anyone else listen to the shows on Blindy.TV? It seems
like their channel for Drama has not been working for over a week now.
I have written to them to inquire, but have heard nothing.

Does anyone have any info on what is going on?

Thanks Muchly,

Nancy

Gene

So much for another well-intentioned, unsustainable service.

Hi All, does anyone else listen to the shows on Blindy.TV?  It seems
like their channel for Drama has not been working for over a week now.
I have written to them to inquire, but have heard nothing.

Does anyone have any info on what is going on?

Thanks Muchly,

Nancy

Victor

Hi Jean:

Sadly, I agree. This was well-intentioned, but on sustainable. The goal should be to make Hulu and Netflix accessible rather than trying to keep something like Blind SA.tv going. They need to make Amazon prime accessible as well.

Victor

On Jul 23, 2018, at 11:16 AM, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:

So much for another well-intentioned, unsustainable service.

Hi All, does anyone else listen to the shows on Blindy.TV?  It seems
like their channel for Drama has not been working for over a week now.
I have written to them to inquire, but have heard nothing.

Does anyone have any info on what is going on?

Thanks Muchly,

Nancy

Lynn White

Amazon Prime Video is quite accessible through iOS.  The few times I watch TV, Prime works great.

On 7/23/2018 2:05 PM, Victor wrote:
Hi Jean:

Sadly, I agree. This was well-intentioned, but on sustainable. The goal should be to make Hulu and Netflix accessible rather than trying to keep something like Blind SA.tv going. They need to make Amazon prime accessible as well.

Victor

On Jul 23, 2018, at 11:16 AM, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:

So much for another well-intentioned, unsustainable service.

Hi All, does anyone else listen to the shows on Blindy.TV?  It seems
like their channel for Drama has not been working for over a week now.
I have written to them to inquire, but have heard nothing.

Does anyone have any info on what is going on?

Thanks Muchly,

Nancy

Gene

And programs available online from the major networks, CBS, NBC, PBS, I understand ABC already does this, should have description available on line.  In the nineties and early 2000's, the emphasis was rightly on television broadcasts because that was how most people got television.  Now, any network that doesn't make material they broadcast described on the network available described online is engaging in blatant discrimination since increasingly, content is viewed on line.  Not to mention that over air broadcasts may be interrupted for news events, weather alerts, or technical difficulties at a station or problems with the station receiving the described stream for this or that episode of something.  Yet I never hear a word about this from organizations like ACB which fought for years for broadcast description.

Hi All, does anyone else listen to the shows on Blindy.TV?  It seems
like their channel for Drama has not been working for over a week now.
I have written to them to inquire, but have heard nothing.

Does anyone have any info on what is going on?

Thanks Muchly,

Nancy

Gerald Levy

If you feel so strongly that the major TV networks are engaging in discrimination against blind viewers, then you should contact one of the blindness advocacy groups and express your outrage and demand that they take action.

Gerald

[...]

I have written about this to, I believe it was ACB.

I said I have seen nothing.  That leaves the possibility opened that something is being attempted but I have seen nothing.

Sent: Monday, July 23, 2018 4:09 PM

[...]

-

That is the source of the problem.

The nfb fought against described tv, largely I think because the acb was fighting to have it.

The nfb went to congress and said blind folk didn't need it in effect.

The good progress begun to have description stalled because of the nfb.

--
XB

More NFB bashing.  I've written about this before.

I've never seen you make one positive comment about any blindness organization.

Have you read the reasons the NFB opposed description on television?  I think they were self-defeating, with incorrect premises and bad reasoning.  But the NFB doesn't behave like a five-year-old and oppose something just because the ACB is in favor of it.  Are you aware that, many years ago, the NFB and ACB started working more on certain projects they both agree on?  I don't follow blindness organizations much these days, but I remember when this change occurred because it was such a contrast to the lack of cooperation in the past.  And as I recall, this movement occurred at about the same time as the description on television contraversy.

--
XB

Evan Reese

Speaking of the NFB's stance on described video, one of the parody commercials blindy.tv has played, (although I haven't heard it in quite a while), is called NFB TV, in which various things were on the screen and the announcer told people repeatedly to look at their screen for more information. For example, an emergency weather alert, where the affected areas were listed on the screen, but not given verbally.
Evan

[...]

Ann Parsons

Hi all,

If I want described TV, I like thelistenfactor.com

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."

Brian K. Lingard

Dear Gene & List:

Have been told by at least one Federation State President, that while ACB and NFB National get alone like TNT and a lit match, in some states, Florida for one, ACB and NFB agree on many issues and work together to resolve them.

You neglected to mention the antics of the G. O. P. House during the Obama administration, reflexively disliking anything the President proposed.

Certainly hope all the folks who can no longer afford adequate Health Insurance remember to register and present themselves at their Polling Place on Election Day in America 2018 and especially 2020.

If I could, would run some Public Service Announcements where a bunch of Average Americans, white, black, yellow and red all say they cannot bother to vote.

Then show who wins the election: A horned devil with a tail and a very unfriendly dog to ensure no one sneaks out the gate to his place of residence!

Of course the Satanist Party of America would say I am picking on their deity, proceed to the U. S. Courthouse to obtain an injunction to require me to stop my ad campaign.

Brian