Solving CAPTCHAs with Rumola

Lisa Belville

Hi, all.

I'm trying to solve a CAPTCHA using Rumola.

I'm running Windows 10 and using NVDA 2018.2.  I have Google Chrome 67.0.3396 and Firefox 52.9.

I have installed the Rumola extension on Chrome and Firefox, but I cannot seem to use the extension properly.

I thought that I was entitled to five free CAPTCHA solutions with Rumola, however, whenever I go to the page with the CAPTCHA, an alert pops up saying that I have used my free credits.  I cannot get to the alert in Chrome for some reason.  I can in Firefox, though, and it takes me to a page where I'm supposedly getting 50 free solutions for free if I sign up for something called trial pay.  I have no clue what this is and cannot find any way to just purchase credits outright on the Rumola site.  There's a log in but it assumes I have a password or that I've forgotten it and there's no way to create an account from that page.

I've tried using a sighted person to solve this and they cannot see the monitor well enough.  This is a small, very old monitor, so this is perhaps why.

I'm obviously missing something with Rumola. Any help would be appreciated.

Lisa

--
Lisa Belville
missktlab1217@frontier.com

Jack and Bex <jackzip65@...>

Hello Lisa and list..
I was just about to compose something on this particular topic myself. I had my tech trainer and good friend Raul G from the I can Connect program, down here yesterday.. One of the tasks we had set ourselves was to change my email with ebay. Turned out it was anything but simple.. Of course we run into Mister Castcha just right off the bat. So we tried this and we tried that. He eventually had to bring up the captcha on on his laptop then have the aira agent remote into his computer to solve the blasded thing. Now Raul is your techies tech. man knows his business and that's all there is be said about that. :-)
, I did ask him about rumola since this is a truly irksome problem for many of us and his answer was simply that some times it does not work!

Jack and Becky :-)
sent, from our eye-fingers.

On Aug 1, 2018, at 11:21 AM, Lisa Belville <missktlab1217@frontier.com> wrote:

[...]

Well, I think in my case I am doing something wrong when trying to access Rumola.

No solution is perfect, though.  I remember using Webvism with Firefox and having a few CAPTCHAs it couldn't solve, either.  At least in those cases there was a fuzzy audio recording to listen to.

I thought about using Be My Eyes, but considering someone with farily decent vision is unable to see the screen at close range I doubt if a BME volunteer would be able to see it via my phone's camera.

On 8/1/2018 12:01 PM, Jack and Bex wrote:
[...]

mcLeod stinnett

--
From Mack https://www.dropbox.com/s/ycto4au8xkls23f/webvisum-0.9.2-fx.xpi?dl=1 is a link to the latest web visum from the blind bargains web site. try that with firefox 52.9 ESR

Lisa Belville

Hi.  Thanks for this.  I didn't think Webvism worked with that version of Firefox.

Now I have what may be a very dumb question. . . . how do i install this file?  When i press enter, Windows wants to know what program I want to use to open the file.  If I extract the files using 7Zip, I get a list of files that I have no clue how to work with.

Should I be looking for some kind of executable file?

Lisa

Lisa Belville
missktlab1217@frontier.com

On 8/2/2018 2:37 AM, mcLeod stinnett wrote:

Adrien Collins <adriencollins22160@...>

Hi

I have up-graded to latest firefox, unfortunately, neither captcha be gone or rumola work or can be installed with the version I am using. I tried to install captcha be gone but the file is corrupt and having messaged them, I have heard nothing back. I tried to install rumola this morning it is not supported. What do I do please? I am using windows 10 pro and firefox 62 I think.

Regards

Adrien

Skype with me on adriencollins06

Hi. Thanks for this. I didn't think Webvism worked with that version of Firefox.

Now I have what may be a very dumb question. . . . how do i install this
file? When i press enter, Windows wants to know what program I want to
use to open the file. If I extract the files using 7Zip, I get a list
of files that I have no clue how to work with.

Should I be looking for some kind of executable file?

Lisa

Lisa Belville
missktlab1217@frontier.com

On 8/2/2018 2:37 AM, mcLeod stinnett wrote:

Gene

Use an earlier portable version of Firefox for sites where you need to fill in a captcha.  Use your other current browser or browsers for general browsing.

Hi.  Thanks for this.  I didn't think Webvism worked with that version of Firefox.

Now I have what may be a very dumb question. . . . how do i install this
file?  When i press enter, Windows wants to know what program I want to
use to open the file.  If I extract the files using 7Zip, I get a list
of files that I have no clue how to work with.

Should I be looking for some kind of executable file?

Lisa

Lisa Belville
missktlab1217@...

On 8/2/2018 2:37 AM, mcLeod stinnett wrote:

mcLeod stinnett

--
From Mack you need to have firefox 52.ESR installed and open when you click on the link I gave you. i believe that's how i did it.

Lisa Belville

Hmm, I pasted the link into Firefox and it asked if I wanted to save the file or open it.  Saving it just downloaded another copy of Webvism.  The open with option wants me to tell Windows what to use to open the link.

I'm obviously missing something here.

Lisa Belville
missktlab1217@frontier.com

On 8/2/2018 8:44 PM, mcLeod stinnett wrote:

Gene

I don't know what version of Firefox you are using.  Save the file.  Open the NVDA menus, find add ons manager and press enter.  Look around.  If you have more questions, ask here.  You should be able to install the add on using the add ons manager.  You should be able to press enter on the add on as well.  If the extension isn't correct, change it to the correct extension and then press enter on the file or use the add ons manager.

If you are using a portable version of NVDA, you must use the add ons manager.

Sent: Thursday, August 02, 2018 9:31 PM

Hmm, I pasted the link into Firefox and it asked if I wanted to save the
file or open it.  Saving it just downloaded another copy of Webvism.
The open with option wants me to tell Windows what to use to open the link.

I'm obviously missing something here.

Lisa Belville
missktlab1217@...

On 8/2/2018 8:44 PM, mcLeod stinnett wrote:

Adrien Collins <adriencollins22160@...>

Hi Gene

Ok My preferred version is 42, how can I get firefox earlier versions and does this work with webvisum?

Regards

Adrien

Skype with me on adriencollins06

Use an earlier portable version of Firefox for sites where you need to fill in a captcha.  Use your other current browser or browsers for general browsing.

Hi.  Thanks for this.  I didn't think Webvism worked with that version of Firefox.

Now I have what may be a very dumb question. . . . how do i install this
file?  When i press enter, Windows wants to know what program I want to
use to open the file.  If I extract the files using 7Zip, I get a list
of files that I have no clue how to work with.

Should I be looking for some kind of executable file?

Lisa

Lisa Belville
missktlab1217@...

On 8/2/2018 2:37 AM, mcLeod stinnett wrote:

mcLeod stinnett

From Mack Lisa, I assume you have downloaded the file. it will go into your downloads folder. now with firefox 52.ESR, go to the file and open it, by pressing enter. it should install without asking what you should use to open it. if it does, choose firefox.

Gene

42 works with webvisum.  You may need the newer version of webvisum.  I don't know, at this point, whether people get better results using the Webvism site to download the program or use the version that was released by someone who isn't affiliated with NVDA.  Others may comment.  But you don't need an earlier version of Firefox.

Use an earlier portable version of Firefox for sites where you need to fill in a captcha.  Use your other current browser or browsers for general browsing.

Hi.  Thanks for this.  I didn't think Webvism worked with that version of Firefox.

Now I have what may be a very dumb question. . . . how do i install this
file?  When i press enter, Windows wants to know what program I want to
use to open the file.  If I extract the files using 7Zip, I get a list
of files that I have no clue how to work with.

Should I be looking for some kind of executable file?

Lisa

Lisa Belville
missktlab1217@...

On 8/2/2018 2:37 AM, mcLeod stinnett wrote:

Adrien Collins <adriencollins22160@...>

Hi Gene

Ok I have managed to get 45 as a portable version, haven’t done anything with it as yet. What is the last version Rumola works with please?

[...]

We need to be clear.  I am discussing Webvisum.  You may want to try it instead of the other programs you discussed and can't use now, for whatever reasons.  You can use Webvisum with version of 42 of Firefox.  You don't have to use version 45.  I suggested using a portable version because I thought you were probably using a version of Firefox that is too new to work with Webvisum.  I think that might be around version 60.

I'm sorry for the confusion and I should have been clearer in my earlier answers.  Try Webvisum and see if it works for the captchas you want to work with.

[...]

No I am not confused and I am following you ok. I have paid for Rumola but I am being told it is not compatible with the latest firefox. Ok I will revert back to firefox 42 as an installed version, this way hopefully I can still use webvisum and also install Rumola as a back up. Don’t worry, I was only trying to keep up-to-date.

[...]

In your last message, you talked about Rumola.  In response to a previous message I sent, you talked about Webvism.  I wasn't as clear as I should have been and I wasn't sure why you mentioned one program in one message and one in another.

[...]

Bharat

so, with regard to the addons, the same limitations apply to Rumola
that do to webvisum. Unless, all of them release compatible addons as
per the new firefox, these are going to be incompatible....

I have been for that reason, sticking to FF 52.

thank you,

bharat.

[...]

Gerald Levy

Webvisum also works with Firefox 52 ESR.

Gerald

[...]

Knowing that webvisum doesn’t work under the latest firefox versions, I needed another option so last year went with Rumola. I have sorted it now, gone back to firefox 42, it works for me. Thanks.