Topics

Repost: As Concerns Tune In And NFL Football

Ron Canazzi

I received several suggestions that I use Tune In for NFL Football games but when I asked for some information, I didn't hear back from anyone. Therefore I am posting this request again.

Hi Group,

With my quandary over the NFL Game Pass site, people have suggested that I subscribe to Tune In Premium for NFL football. I have a few questions.

1. Do you get all the games both home and away broadcasts every week?

2. Do you get any archives or replays?

3. Do you get preseason or post season games?

Thanks for any information.

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

Kassy <kasandratoo@...>

Ron, I used Tune in premium for a couple of months last year, so my answers may not be the same as they would be now. I don't believe you can get any of the archived games but to the best of my memory, you can get pre and post season games. My problem with Tune in was that I did not find the other items included in the premium version to be worth the price of the monthly subscription when I could listen to the games on Pro Radio for free. In addition, I seemed to lose the stream much too often during the games.
Others may have a better experience with Tune In and hopefully someone will add to my limited information.

I received several suggestions that I use Tune In for NFL Football games
but when I asked for some information, I didn't hear back from anyone.
Therefore I am posting this request again.

Hi Group,

With my quandary over the NFL Game Pass site, people have suggested that
I subscribe to Tune In Premium for NFL football. I have a few questions.

1. Do you get all the games both home and away broadcasts every week?

2. Do you get any archives or replays?

3. Do you get preseason or post season games?

Thanks for any information.

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

Ron Canazzi

Hi Kathy,

What is Pro Radio?

-----Original Message----- From: Ron Canazzi
Sent: Saturday, August 13, 2016 10:39 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

I received several suggestions that I use Tune In for NFL Football games
but when I asked for some information, I didn't hear back from anyone.
Therefore I am posting this request again.

Hi Group,

With my quandary over the NFL Game Pass site, people have suggested that
I subscribe to Tune In Premium for NFL football. I have a few questions.

1. Do you get all the games both home and away broadcasts every week?

2. Do you get any archives or replays?

3. Do you get preseason or post season games?

Thanks for any information.

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

Kassy <kasandratoo@...>

The True name of the app is Pro Football Radio and I got it back In 2012 and I am not even sure you can still find it on the app store. There has been no update to the program in forever. However every time I start the app, it automatically updates the station info and if you go to the schedule tab, it also updates so they are supporting the app. It was no t free but I can not remember how much I paid for it. I rarely ever have a problem listening to the games I want. you can pick the team you prefer to get the stations in their area. I have used it primarily for the last three season and been quite happy with it.

Sent: Saturday, August 13, 2016 10:39 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

I received several suggestions that I use Tune In for NFL Football games
but when I asked for some information, I didn't hear back from anyone.
Therefore I am posting this request again.

Hi Group,

With my quandary over the NFL Game Pass site, people have suggested that
I subscribe to Tune In Premium for NFL football. I have a few questions.

1. Do you get all the games both home and away broadcasts every week?

2. Do you get any archives or replays?

3. Do you get preseason or post season games?

Thanks for any information.

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

Hi Mr. Canazzi:

Sorry I can't comment on TuneIn as I've never played with the app. However,
in my search for an app with which I could listen to NFL radio games on my
phone, I found Pro Football Radio. Upon installation, it was renamed
Football Radio.

When launched, it displays a listing of all the teams, where they are
playing and the game time. Tap once (or twice) on the icon of your
preferred team and it brings up a number of stations to choose from for
purposes of listening to the team's game broadcast. One has to check out
each station listed because not all these stations carry the game. Signals
for some are a hit-&-miss and, in the bottom right hand corner of the
screen, an error is displayed if the station chosen is not playing.

Yesterday, August 14, I was able to listen to the Houston Texan/San
Francisco 49ers on KETX, a station out of Texas! I could not find the
preseason game on any of the listed San Francisco stations. There's an info
button which, when tapped on and launched, gives a disclaimer relating to
the strength of the stations and the blocking of broadcasts by the NFL
because of contractual issues. Sorry, I paraphrased a bit, but you get the
gist!

Otherwise, the app is FULLY ACCESSIBLE. I did find an unlabeled button that
I am trying to sort out, but this unlabeled button DOES NOT prevent one from
being able to use the app. The app lists all schedules and gives scores in
realtime with no lag. I can certainly use this app to keep on the TOES OF
THE DENVER BRONCOS when I am sticking my fingers in some distilled pond
water outside my village without access to a computer.

The app costs $0.99 from the Playstore; there's a college football component
to the app which also costs $0.99 plus or minus sales tax where applicable.
I was in fact able to listen to the Colorado Rockies baseball game in
Philadelphia yesterday on one of a station out of Cheyenne, Wyoming that
also carries the Broncos Games. I couldn't find the flagship station for
both teams, 850 K O A; it's an iHeart radio station!

I installed the app on my Galaxy S5 which is oiled and powered by my Shiny
"crapware" Android OS! If you have an iPhone, you may want to try and find
the app in the Apple store and I hope it works for you as it did for me. If
you don't use either OS, hmm, I'm not so sure anything I have written thus
far makes sense, though others who are similarly situated may be able to
play some pinball with the app. Now I am off to search for an app for the F
A Cup and Premiere League, the REAL, authentic football games played with
the feet!

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado

Hi Kassy:

Yes, the app is still alive in Google's Playstore. There seems to be two
versions: One was rated a 4.2 and yet another was rated a 3.8. I don't
care, both cost the same at $0.99 and it works! Yes, all the NFL teams are
listed, scores are updated in realtime, schedules and game times clearly
identified. You can indeed pick any team of your own choosing and find a
station that will broadcast that team's game from the several list of
stations displayed. Great app, accessible out of the box with no additional
bells and whistles!

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado