I can't find the controls in the game day audio player like I used to do.

Jim Rawls

Iii want to raise the volume and can’t so far. I am using IE and running windows ten with jaws 18l. Jim

Ron Canazzi

Hi Jim,

I have been able to access the list of both audio and video links at http://www.mlb.com/mediacenter.  I have my account set to log in automatically.  I simply click on the radio feed.  This year the TV and radio feeds are listed on the same page, TV first and followed by radio feeds.  I can access the audio for the radio quite easily, but I also cannot raise and lower the volume--except via the up/down volumes key on the keyboard.  According to the accessibility FAQ, Firefox, Chrome, EDGE are the recommended browsers.  Even with these, I cannot raise and lower the volume.  The shortcut keys are supposed to be up arrow and down arrow to raise and lower the volume.  It says to have them on an area of the screen where there is no menu items.  Yet this doesn't work for me.

I think it's time to call the disability hotline and inquire.  I have an Echo device so I am able to access the games through the MLB app and the Tune In Premium App and use the devices volume to raise and lower levels.  This doesn't seem to work on Firefox or Edge.

On 8/21/2018 12:11 AM, Jim Rawls wrote:

Iii want to raise the volume and can’t so far. I am using IE and running windows ten with jaws 18l. Jim

-- 
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"
I Say: "I'm as happy as a stow away chimpanzee on a banana boat!"

Gene

What happens if the virtual pc cursor or browse mode is off?

Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, August 21, 2018 12:41 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] I can't find the controls in the game day audio player like I used to do.

Hi Jim,

I have been able to access the list of both audio and video links at http://www.mlb.com/mediacenter.  I have my account set to log in automatically.  I simply click on the radio feed.  This year the TV and radio feeds are listed on the same page, TV first and followed by radio feeds.  I can access the audio for the radio quite easily, but I also cannot raise and lower the volume--except via the up/down volumes key on the keyboard.  According to the accessibility FAQ, Firefox, Chrome, EDGE are the recommended browsers.  Even with these, I cannot raise and lower the volume.  The shortcut keys are supposed to be up arrow and down arrow to raise and lower the volume.  It says to have them on an area of the screen where there is no menu items.  Yet this doesn't work for me.

I think it's time to call the disability hotline and inquire.  I have an Echo device so I am able to access the games through the MLB app and the Tune In Premium App and use the devices volume to raise and lower levels.  This doesn't seem to work on Firefox or Edge.

-- 

Ron Canazzi

Hi Gene,

I tried this and it did not work for me using NVDA and Firefox and Edge.

On 8/21/2018 2:21 AM, Gene wrote:

Gene
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] I can't find the controls in the game day audio player like I used to do.

Hi Jim,

-- 

-- 

Jim Rawls

I agree. This is really not acceptable. We should be able to control the volume with their player. We could last year.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Ron Canazzi
Sent: Monday, August 20, 2018 10:41 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

Hi Jim,

-- 

Gene

Perhaps the coders made it necessary to be in the player and not just anywhere on the page.  But I don't know if that can be done.  If you can actually be on buttonsed used for the player, try being on a button, turning off the virtual PC Cursor or browse mode, and then trying the volume commands.  Also, out of curiosity and because you never know, can you land on a volume slider when in forms mode when you tab in the pplayer part of the page?  If so, do any arrow keys do anything when on the volume slider and when the virtual PC cursor or browse mode is off?

Gene

Sent: Tuesday, August 21, 2018 9:52 AM

Hi Gene,

Gene

Hi Jim,

-- 

-- 

Jim Rawls

No.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Tuesday, August 21, 2018 8:21 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

Perhaps the coders made it necessary to be in the player and not just anywhere on the page.  But I don't know if that can be done.  If you can actually be on buttonsed used for the player, try being on a button, turning off the virtual PC Cursor or browse mode, and then trying the volume commands.  Also, out of curiosity and because you never know, can you land on a volume slider when in forms mode when you tab in the pplayer part of the page?  If so, do any arrow keys do anything when on the volume slider and when the virtual PC cursor or browse mode is off?

Gene

Sent: Tuesday, August 21, 2018 9:52 AM

Hi Gene,

Gene

Hi Jim,

-- 

-- 

john s

You might try the accessable player.

At 01:41 AM 8/21/2018, Ron Canazzi, wrote:

Hi Jim,

Iii want to raise the volume and cant so far. I am using IE and running windows ten with jaws 18l. Jim

-- 
I Say: "I'm as happy as a stow away chimpanzee on a banana
boat!"

John