Winamp and windows 10

George McCoy <slr1bpz@...>

I am setting up a windows 10 computer for a friend.  He uses Winamp for playing audio files.  Does Winamp run under windows 10?  If so, what version is best?  If it matters, he will be using NVDA as his screen reader.

Thanks,

George

Steve Matzura

Winamp version 5 is fine on Windows 10. Current version is 5.666. I am using version 5.63--have been for ages--and it's just fine.

On 8/31/2018 7:19 PM, George McCoy wrote:
I am setting up a windows 10 computer for a friend.  He uses Winamp for playing audio files.  Does Winamp run under windows 10?  If so, what version is best?  If it matters, he will be using NVDA as his screen reader.

Thanks,

George

George McCoy <slr1bpz@...>

Thanks very much, Steve.

George

On 8/31/2018 6:25 PM, Steve Matzura wrote:
Winamp version 5 is fine on Windows 10. Current version is 5.666. I am using version 5.63--have been for ages--and it's just fine.

On 8/31/2018 7:19 PM, George McCoy wrote:
I am setting up a windows 10 computer for a friend.  He uses Winamp for playing audio files.  Does Winamp run under windows 10?  If so, what version is best?  If it matters, he will be using NVDA as his screen reader.

Thanks,

George

Gene

It runs and probably the last released version is best.  I'm not sure you can download it from the Winamp site any longer, I don't think so.  Here is a download link:

Sent: Friday, August 31, 2018 6:19 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] Winamp and windows 10

I am setting up a windows 10 computer for a friend.  He uses Winamp for
playing audio files.  Does Winamp run under windows 10?  If so, what
version is best?  If it matters, he will be using NVDA as his screen reader.

Thanks,

George

George McCoy <slr1bpz@...>

Many thanks, Gene.  The newest I was able to find was 5.66.3507.

George

Sent: Friday, August 31, 2018 6:19 PM

I am setting up a windows 10 computer for a friend.  He uses Winamp for
playing audio files.  Does Winamp run under windows 10?  If so, what
version is best?  If it matters, he will be using NVDA as his screen reader.

Thanks,

George

chris judge

Yes it does, and I believe there is a win amp add-on for NVDA.