Old equipment advice requested?

Vicky Vaughan <vrvaughan63@...>

Hello List.  I have both a Packmate 20 and a Millennium 20 from Freedom Scientific that in each case need several hundred dollars’ worth of repair.

What I am wondering from you, is what would you do with them?

Would you repair and try to sell them or just give them away as is?

Thank you for your recommendations!

Sincerely, Vicky Vaughan

Vicky, you could possibly sell both products as they are! There are, I'm
sure, quite a number of technical minds that could probably use the parts to
resurface similar pieces of equipment and thus give them new leases on life.
If the cost of repairs is higher than what you can get for them when sold as
is, I'll suggest shying away from having to spend those greens!

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado

Vicky Vaughan <vrvaughan63@...>

Thank you Olusegun!

It will be really hard to figure an asking price. Do you think may be a
third to a fourth for what a working device would be?

Thanks very much!

Sincerely, Vicky

Vicky, you could possibly sell both products as they are! There are, I'm
sure, quite a number of technical minds that could probably use the parts
to resurface similar pieces of equipment and thus give them new leases on
life.
If the cost of repairs is higher than what you can get for them when sold
as is, I'll suggest shying away from having to spend those greens!

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado

---
https://www.avg.com

Sis Vicky wrote in part:

"It will be really hard to figure an asking price. Do you think may be a
third to a fourth for what a working device would be?"

I think that the asking prices you feel most comfortable with ought to be
the right ones! Personally, I've never played ball with either the Packmate
20 or the Millennium 20; as such, it's a bit hard for me to place any real
value on them. Perhaps those members on the list who have better knowledge
of and about them will pipe in with much better thoughts.

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado

Pat Seed

Hi Vicky and All,
This may be a guide in pricing.
About three years ago, I purchased a used Millennium 40 in Absolutely
Excellent condition for $300.00 U.S. funds.

Now, what we are talking about, as far as Vicky has stated, is a Millennium
20.

Actually, I could use the Millennium 20, now, for parts to repair what I
have.

As I mentioned, I purchased my Millennium 40 about three years ago. It gets
(Daily) use from me.

Vicky, you may want to reply off list or give me a call. Thanks.

Blessings and All the Very Best,
Pat Seed
(807) 473-0909

"It will be really hard to figure an asking price. Do you think may be a
third to a fourth for what a working device would be?"

I think that the asking prices you feel most comfortable with ought to be
the right ones! Personally, I've never played ball with either the
Packmate
20 or the Millennium 20; as such, it's a bit hard for me to place any real
value on them. Perhaps those members on the list who have better
knowledge
of and about them will pipe in with much better thoughts.

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado

Laz

If you want to get an idea what equipment is selling for you may wish
to join the blind-bst list on which Braille equipment is frequently
bought and sold. Just send a blank email message to
blind-bst+subscribe@groups.io

Laz

On 9/6/18, Vicky Vaughan <vrvaughan63@gmail.com> wrote:
Thank you Olusegun!

It will be really hard to figure an asking price. Do you think may be a
third to a fourth for what a working device would be?

Thanks very much!

Sincerely, Vicky

Vicky, you could possibly sell both products as they are! There are, I'm
sure, quite a number of technical minds that could probably use the parts
to resurface similar pieces of equipment and thus give them new leases on
life.
If the cost of repairs is higher than what you can get for them when sold
as is, I'll suggest shying away from having to spend those greens!

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado

---