From: Many of us
Sent: Thursday, August 25, 2016 8:11 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] problem with jaws and outlook express

i am using jaws 17 and i have outlook express which is the version that was made to work with windows 7 and windows 10.
the problem is when i switch from one identity to another, jaws wont read my messages. i have tried unloading and reloading it. i have tried tabbing around. does anyone know why this could be and what i can do to solve it?
it happens when i go from one identity to another in outlook express. please help!
shirley
Private emails are always welcome, you can reach me by emailing me at
irishandblind1980@...

Many of us <manyofus1980@...>

is there anywhere i can get them from? or is there a better email client to use? i dont think windows mail can be used with great success with jaws and windows 10.
shirley
Private emails are always welcome, you can reach me by emailing me at
irishandblind1980@...

This may or may not be the cause of your problem, but JAWS 17 removed support for the Outlook Express scripts so certain functionality will either no longer be available or work as expected.
i am using jaws 17 and i have outlook express which is the version that was made to work with windows 7 and windows 10.
the problem is when i switch from one identity to another, jaws wont read my messages. i have tried unloading and reloading it. i have tried tabbing around. does anyone know why this could be and what i can do to solve it?
it happens when i go from one identity to another in outlook express. please help!
shirley
Private emails are always welcome, you can reach me by emailing me at
irishandblind1980@...

Carlos

Whether you have them or not, core support for them has been removed so without effort on behalf of someone who has a good knowledge of JAWS scripting, they will not work.  Windows Live Mail may be your best alternative since it is a direct descendent of Outlook Express and Windows Mail.

This may or may not be the cause of your problem, but JAWS 17 removed support for the Outlook Express scripts so certain functionality will either no longer be available or work as expected.
i am using jaws 17 and i have outlook express which is the version that was made to work with windows 7 and windows 10.
the problem is when i switch from one identity to another, jaws wont read my messages. i have tried unloading and reloading it. i have tried tabbing around. does anyone know why this could be and what i can do to solve it?
it happens when i go from one identity to another in outlook express. please help!
shirley
Private emails are always welcome, you can reach me by emailing me at
irishandblind1980@...

Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Shirley,

Try using the latest version of Jaws 16 when running Outlook Express, & see how that works for you.  The scripts for OE are still in J16, but have been removed from J17.
Take care.
Mike
Sent from my iBarstool.  Go Dodgers!

This may or may not be the cause of your problem, but JAWS 17 removed support for the Outlook Express scripts so certain functionality will either no longer be available or work as expected.
i am using jaws 17 and i have outlook express which is the version that was made to work with windows 7 and windows 10.
the problem is when i switch from one identity to another, jaws wont read my messages. i have tried unloading and reloading it. i have tried tabbing around. does anyone know why this could be and what i can do to solve it?
it happens when i go from one identity to another in outlook express. please help!
shirley
Private emails are always welcome, you can reach me by emailing me at
irishandblind1980@...

Carlos

I suppose at that point you have to decide if using Outlook Express is worth sacrificing improvements in JAWS 17.  If you are running Windows 10, especially the Anniversary update, it may not be worth the inconvenience.

This may or may not be the cause of your problem, but JAWS 17 removed support for the Outlook Express scripts so certain functionality will either no longer be available or work as expected.
i am using jaws 17 and i have outlook express which is the version that was made to work with windows 7 and windows 10.
the problem is when i switch from one identity to another, jaws wont read my messages. i have tried unloading and reloading it. i have tried tabbing around. does anyone know why this could be and what i can do to solve it?
it happens when i go from one identity to another in outlook express. please help!
shirley
Private emails are always welcome, you can reach me by emailing me at
irishandblind1980@...

Edmond Nazarian <gocloud84@...>

Sorry JAWS 16 is not compatible with Windows 10.

irishandblind1980@... <mailto:irishandblind1980@...>

This may or may not be the cause of your problem, but JAWS 17
removed support for the Outlook Express scripts so certain
functionality will either no longer be available or work as expected.

i am using jaws 17 and i have outlook express which is the
version that was made to work with windows 7 and windows 10.
the problem is when i switch from one identity to another, jaws
wont read my messages. i have tried unloading and reloading it.
i have tried tabbing around. does anyone know why this could be
and what i can do to solve it?
it happens when i go from one identity to another in outlook
express. please help!
shirley
Private emails are always welcome, you can reach me by emailing
me at
irishandblind1980@... <mailto:irishandblind1980@...>

Carlos

JAWS 16.0.4350 is compatible with Windows 10, but it will not be as compatible as later versions, especially with the Anniversary update.

This may or may not be the cause of your problem, but JAWS 17
removed support for the Outlook Express scripts so certain
functionality will either no longer be available or work as expected.

i am using jaws 17 and i have outlook express which is the
version that was made to work with windows 7 and windows 10.
the problem is when i switch from one identity to another, jaws
wont read my messages. i have tried unloading and reloading it.
i have tried tabbing around. does anyone know why this could be
and what i can do to solve it?
it happens when i go from one identity to another in outlook
express. please help!
shirley
Private emails are always welcome, you can reach me by emailing
me at
irishandblind1980@... <mailto:irishandblind1980@...>

Edmond Nazarian <gocloud84@...>

Yes I mean the anniversary update actually. Also I see some issues with JAWS 16 when latest Windows Updates are installed on prior Windows 10 releases.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Edmond Nazarian via Groups.io"
<gocloud84=aol.com@groups.io>

i am using jaws 17 and i have outlook express which is the
version that was made to work with windows 7 and windows 10.
the problem is when i switch from one identity to another, jaws
wont read my messages. i have tried unloading and reloading it.
i have tried tabbing around. does anyone know why this could be
and what i can do to solve it?
it happens when i go from one identity to another in outlook
express. please help!
shirley
Private emails are always welcome, you can reach me by emailing
me at
irishandblind1980@... <mailto:irishandblind1980@...>

Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>

According to Freedom Scientific & other Jaws users, the latest version of J16 is supposedly compatible with Windows 10.  I can't say personally since I don't run Windows 10, but I'm only going by what many others have said.