From: Mike Thomas
Sent: Monday, September 05, 2016 10:54 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] Accessible TV's and more, perhaps?

Just a thought that has ben going through my head for some time ...

If we could convince Apple to include an IR sending LED into their products,
couldn't apps be written to control almost anything that uses an IR based
remote control? In my thoughts, this would make so many items accessible
that are now not to the blind community, and combine all remotes into one
unit for the sighted and blind alike. With voice over, we could control so
many things, and it might even spur manufacturers to make all the current
touch screen stuff IR compatible with the phones and tablets.

-----
No virus found in this message.

Laz

Infra red.

Laz

On 9/5/16, Pamela Dominguez <geodom@optonline.net> wrote:
What is that? I know a LED is a light emitting diode, but what is IR?
Pam.

Just a thought that has ben going through my head for some time ...

If we could convince Apple to include an IR sending LED into their
products,
couldn't apps be written to control almost anything that uses an IR based
remote control? In my thoughts, this would make so many items accessible
that are now not to the blind community, and combine all remotes into one
unit for the sighted and blind alike. With voice over, we could control so
many things, and it might even spur manufacturers to make all the current
touch screen stuff IR compatible with the phones and tablets.

-----
No virus found in this message.

Bluetooth devices, and accessories
http://www.talkingmp3players.com/
Email: laz@talkingmp3players.com
Phone: 727-498-0121
Skype: lazmesa

Chris G <jedikent@...>

Hi,
The only problem with this, yes you could control the TV/DVD/Blu-ray player but you wouldn't get voice feedback from the device you are controlling.

Just a thought that has ben going through my head for some time ...

If we could convince Apple to include an IR sending LED into their
products, couldn't apps be written to control almost anything that uses
an IR based remote control? In my thoughts, this would make so many
items accessible that are now not to the blind community, and combine
all remotes into one unit for the sighted and blind alike. With voice
over, we could control so many things, and it might even spur
manufacturers to make all the current touch screen stuff IR compatible
with the phones and tablets.

Mike Thomas

yep, I thoughtabout that after posting. But, all in all, I'll take the ability to set my washer temperature or water level, control an electric cooking device, or punch in a radio's station frequency over not having those available to me. Voice feedback would, however, be a wonderful thing in so many items.