win 10 popup

William Vandervest

using a win 7 with window-eyes, how do I get rid of this anoying popup reminder to get windows 10?
thanks

There Are None So Blind As Those Who Will Not See
William and LD Lynerd
timelord09@...

Smiling?

This is the way that I chose to accomplish the task you are after accomplishing. This was posted to the list some time ago.

Download and run the "I don't want Windows 10" app.

Download Link:

https://github.com/rn10950/I-Dont-Want-Windows-10/releases/download/2.0/I_Dont_Want_Windows_10.zip

Free for users of Windows 7 and Windows 8.x, I Don’t Want Windows 10

removes notifications of the coming upgrade. It doesn’t prevent you

from installing the upgrade.

It works by automatically removing the KB3035583 update from Microsoft,

so is in effect a “clean” version of the previous fix. After

downloading the I_Dont_Want_Windows_10.zip file, unzip the contents and

run I Don’t Want Windows 10.exe. The utility will warn you of a few

things (such as it isn’t a Microsoft patch, and that you use it at your

own risk) and you’ll need to click I Agree to continue.

With the patch applied, restart Windows to enjoy life without the

upgrade notification for Windows 10.

using a win 7 with window-eyes, how do I get rid of this anoying popup reminder to get windows 10?

thanks

There Are None So Blind As Those Who Will Not See
William and LD Lynerd
timelord09@...

Jerry hathaway

I ran the program, but I am still getting the win 10 promp.

Jerry

This is the way that I chose to accomplish the task you are after accomplishing. This was posted to the list some time ago.

Download and run the "I don't want Windows 10" app.

Download Link:

https://github.com/rn10950/I-Dont-Want-Windows-10/releases/download/2.0/I_Dont_Want_Windows_10.zip

Free for users of Windows 7 and Windows 8.x, I DonÂ’t Want Windows 10

removes notifications of the coming upgrade. It doesnÂ’t prevent you

from installing the upgrade.

It works by automatically removing the KB3035583 update from Microsoft,

so is in effect a “clean” version of the previous fix. After

downloading the I_Dont_Want_Windows_10.zip file, unzip the contents and

run I DonÂ’t Want Windows 10.exe. The utility will warn you of a few

things (such as it isnÂ’t a Microsoft patch, and that you use it at your

own risk) and youÂ’ll need to click I Agree to continue.

With the patch applied, restart Windows to enjoy life without the

upgrade notification for Windows 10.

using a win 7 with window-eyes, how do I get rid of this anoying popup reminder to get windows 10?

thanks

There Are None So Blind As Those Who Will Not See
William and LD Lynerd
timelord09@...

Smiling?

Did you reboot? You will need to hide that particular update as well (which’ll be an optional update), but that still doesn’t explain why you are still receiving that update window. Is it still showing in the system tray?

If it is, it sounds like you just might need to run the software again.