From: "Donna" <donnamarie1947@roadrunner.com>
To: <TechTalk@groups.io>
Sent: Wednesday, December 16, 2015 4:29 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] fire fox

is fire fox as easy to use as was i e eight can not shop any more on amazon with ie, how do you open a dialog box to put in a web site,and how do you add a favorite or book mark?
Donna
Tried sea monkey but it did not read a lot of things..

Lisa Belville

Firefox is very similar to IE for most things with the exception of the open a file and go to a web address commands.

In FF use control plus L to get to a place to type in a web address. I think of control L like opening a Location on the web instead of opening a file like in IE.

In firefox Control plus O refers to opening a file and not an actual web page.

I forget which version of JAWS you're using, but the commands for FF and IE are nearly identical, though older versions of JAWS don't work well with current versions of Firefox.

Lisa Belville
missktlab1217@frontier.com
Veni, Vedi, Visa. I came. I Saw. I did a little shopping.

is fire fox as easy to use as was i e eight can not shop any more on amazon with ie, how do you open a dialog box to put in a web site,and how do you add a favorite or book mark?
Donna
Tried sea monkey but it did not read a lot of things..

Donna

Does it work well with jaws? Donna need something that works..At 01:37 PM 12/16/2015, you wrote:

Alt+D or Control+L for the address bar and Control+D to add a bookmark.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Donna" <donnamarie1947@roadrunner.com>
is fire fox as easy to use as was i e eight can not shop any more on amazon with ie, how do you open a dialog box to put in a web site,and how do you add a favorite or book mark?
Donna
Tried sea monkey but it did not read a lot of things..

Carlos

It works well with JAWS, but as was indicated if you have a very old version of JAWS it may not work as well as it does with newer versions.

Does it work well with jaws? Donna need something that works..At 01:37 PM 12/16/2015, you wrote:
Alt+D or Control+L for the address bar and Control+D to add a bookmark.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Donna" <donnamarie1947@roadrunner.com>
is fire fox as easy to use as was i e eight can not shop any more on amazon with ie, how do you open a dialog box to put in a web site,and how do you add a favorite or book mark?
Donna
Tried sea monkey but it did not read a lot of things..

Donna

on this p c I am using jaws 11 but I have them all keep up my s m a but don
't install most as I have x p and like it,how high of jaws can I use with xp? DonnaAt 01:46 PM 12/16/2015, you wrote:

It works well with JAWS, but as was indicated if you have a very old version of JAWS it may not work as well as it does with newer versions.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Donna" <donnamarie1947@roadrunner.com>
Does it work well with jaws? Donna need something that works..At 01:37 PM 12/16/2015, you wrote:
Alt+D or Control+L for the address bar and Control+D to add a bookmark.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Donna" <donnamarie1947@roadrunner.com>

is fire fox as easy to use as was i e eight can not shop any more on amazon with ie, how do you open a dialog box to put in a web site,and how do you add a favorite or book mark?
Donna
Tried sea monkey but it did not read a lot of things..

Pat Seed

Hi Donna,
The highest or latest version of JAWS that you can use on XP is Version 15.
I am glad to hear that someone else is using XP besides myself. I cannot afford to move up right now.
Blessings and All the Very Best, Pat

Does it work well with jaws? Donna need something that works..At 01:37 PM 12/16/2015, you wrote:
Alt+D or Control+L for the address bar and Control+D to add a bookmark.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Donna" <donnamarie1947@roadrunner.com>
is fire fox as easy to use as was i e eight can not shop any more on amazon with ie, how do you open a dialog box to put in a web site,and how do you add a favorite or book mark?
Donna
Tried sea monkey but it did not read a lot of things..

-----
No virus found in this message.

Carlos

The latest version of JAWS you can run on XP is 15.

Does it work well with jaws? Donna need something that works..At 01:37 PM 12/16/2015, you wrote:
Alt+D or Control+L for the address bar and Control+D to add a bookmark.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Donna" <donnamarie1947@roadrunner.com>

Does it work well with jaws? Donna need something that works..At 01:37 PM 12/16/2015, you wrote:
Alt+D or Control+L for the address bar and Control+D to add a bookmark.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Donna" <donnamarie1947@roadrunner.com>
is fire fox as easy to use as was i e eight can not shop any more on amazon with ie, how do you open a dialog box to put in a web site,and how do you add a favorite or book mark?
Donna
Tried sea monkey but it did not read a lot of things..

-----
No virus found in this message.

Gerald Levy

As many of you know, I was a huge fan of XP and vowed to hang onto it forever. I had many a debate with Gene over my stubborn refusal to upgrade to Windows 7 or 8. But three months ago, my Dell XP desktop dies suddenly and unexpectedly and I was forced to switch to Windows 7 which came with the refurbed computer I had had the foresight to acquired from the Texas-based Computers for the Blind organization, as a backup for just such a contingency. They make refurbed desktop PC's and laptop PC's available to anyone who is blind and motivated for the nominal fee of $110 or $140, respectively, which is certainly affordable for most of us and great insureance in case your XP computer dies suddenly like mine did. I am using my refurbed Windows 7 PC right now as I compose this message, and because it came with NVDA and a demo version of JAWS 15 already installed, I was able to get up and running again in short order with the help of my sighted techie friend.

Gerald

Does it work well with jaws? Donna need something that works..At 01:37 PM 12/16/2015, you wrote:
Alt+D or Control+L for the address bar and Control+D to add a bookmark.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Donna" <donnamarie1947@roadrunner.com>
is fire fox as easy to use as was i e eight can not shop any more on amazon with ie, how do you open a dialog box to put in a web site,and how do you add a favorite or book mark?
Donna
Tried sea monkey but it did not read a lot of things..

-----
No virus found in this message.

Lisa Belville

I use it on Amazon all of the time, the full site, not the access one. I use the latest version of NVDA amd Firefox and they play well together.

Lisa Belville
missktlab1217@frontier.com
Veni, Vedi, Visa. I came. I Saw. I did a little shopping.

is fire fox as easy to use as was i e eight can not shop any more on amazon with ie, how do you open a dialog box to put in a web site,and how do you add a favorite or book mark?
Donna
Tried sea monkey but it did not read a lot of things..

Lisa Belville

Well, I know they added new features between 11 and 15, but I don't think the basic commands have changed all that much.