Topics

Moving HumanWare Victor Reader Stream Recordings From Internet Radio To PC/SD Card

George Zaynoun

Hello!

This feature came to this device after last update, I can find what I record in the unit but how can I keep it somewhere else? Same question applies to downloaded podcasts, thanks.

--
Georges Zeinoun
Timmerv. 6A ITR LGH1102, 54163 SKÖVDE SWEDEN

Aidan <aidan.smarttalk@...>

Move it to the sd card with key 3 and then copy it else where.

On 19/12/2015, George Zaynoun <humorlessgeza@...> wrote:
Hello!

This feature came to this device after last update, I can find what I
record in the unit but how can I keep it somewhere else? Same question
applies to downloaded podcasts, thanks.

--
Georges Zeinoun
Timmerv. 6A ITR LGH1102, 54163 SKÖVDE SWEDEN
Tel: +46 (500) 48 29 29
Mobile: +46 (73) 986 17 43

--
Facebook: m.facebook.com/aidan.maher92
Skype: andries4451

Kulvinder Singh Bhogal <kbhogal1@...>

Hi there

The way to do this is to press the 3 key and an option should be there to move to SD card.

I hope this is useful.

Regards.

Kulvinder Bhogal
E-mail: kbhogal1@...
Skypename: bobba2006

On 19 Dec 2015, at 06:10, George Zaynoun <humorlessgeza@...> wrote:

Hello!

This feature came to this device after last update, I can find what I record in the unit but how can I keep it somewhere else? Same question applies to downloaded podcasts, thanks.

--
Georges Zeinoun
Timmerv. 6A ITR LGH1102, 54163 SKÖVDE    SWEDEN
Tel: +46 (500) 48 29 29
Mobile: +46 (73) 986 17 43

Bob J

Georges,

Where do you find the explanations of what the latest software update
includes?

I have checked the unit's user guide and the Humanware web site without
success!

I have inferred from your comments that the latest update makes it possible
to record whatever I am streaming from internet radio stations. I hope that
I am correct! If so, I need to discover how this is accomplished.

T I A

Bob AD8RJ

This feature came to this device after last update, I can find what I
record in the unit but how can I keep it somewhere else? Same question
applies to downloaded podcasts, thanks.

--
Georges Zeinoun
Timmerv. 6A ITR LGH1102, 54163 SKÖVDE SWEDEN
Tel: +46 (500) 48 29 29
Mobile: +46 (73) 986 17 43

---

Flor Lynch

I don't own a VRS; but, there was an email from HumanWare on about Thursday of last week informing people of this in the latest update. (I don't have it here.)

This feature came to this device after last update, I can find what I
record in the unit but how can I keep it somewhere else? Same question
applies to downloaded podcasts, thanks.

--
Georges Zeinoun
Timmerv. 6A ITR LGH1102, 54163 SKÖVDE SWEDEN
Tel: +46 (500) 48 29 29
Mobile: +46 (73) 986 17 43

---

Bob J

I finally figured it out for myself! Thanks, anyway...

Bob AD8RJ

This feature came to this device after last update, I can find what I
record in the unit but how can I keep it somewhere else? Same question
applies to downloaded podcasts, thanks.

--
Georges Zeinoun
Timmerv. 6A ITR LGH1102, 54163 SKÖVDE SWEDEN
Tel: +46 (500) 48 29 29
Mobile: +46 (73) 986 17 43

---
protection is active.

---

Walt Smith

One of my major complaints with HumanWare is the way they utterly fail to
clearly and prominently explain new features. They hide the details in the
user guide, but unless you know what to look for, you'll never find
anything. Considering the limited number of changes they make in any
firmware upgrade, it wouldn't take their information development people any
time at all to add details and explanations to the little file that's placed
on a user's Stream whenever an upgrade is installed. I've complained about
this, but have been pretty well blown off by HumanWare tech support.

Where do you find the explanations of what the latest software update
includes?

I have checked the unit's user guide and the Humanware web site without
success!

I have inferred from your comments that the latest update makes it possible
to record whatever I am streaming from internet radio stations. I hope that
I am correct! If so, I need to discover how this is accomplished.

T I A

Bob AD8RJ

Rajmund <brajmund2000@...>

Hello,
As I'm curious, would you mind sharing what they've told you, please?

Sent from an iPad. Please excuse any spelling errors.

On 21 Dec 2015, at 8:52 pm, Walt Smith <ka3lists@...> wrote:

[...]

Told me about what? The only real changes are two:

1. The new feature that permits recording from Internet Radio. This is
explained in the user guide (which can be downloaded by anyone from the
HumanWare support page).

2. Some new voices in the non-U.S. English updates.

I suppose that I could copy and paste the information about recording from
Internet Radio here, but you really ought to always have the newest version
of the user guide, anyway. Also, it's in the Internet Radio section of the
on-board user guide that's installed on the Stream along with the upgrade.

As I'm curious, would you mind sharing what they've told you, please?