Flip Phone

Nancy Hill

Ann,

In considering replacement phones, if I had gone with another flip, I was considering the following, which I will let you have the pleasure of investigating, if you so desire.  In handling  this phone, it seemed very sturdy and had buttons, very nice, noticeable buttons.  :)

The DuraXV+ by Kyocera is a tough, dependable basic phone. Designed to meet military standards for durability, this rugged flip phone can handle water, dust, drops, extreme temps and generally harsh environments. You can easily view the screen in sunlight, use the keypad with gloves on and with Smart Sonic Receiver, you can hear calls clearly when things around you get noisy.

Regards,

Nancy

Ann Parsons

Hi all,

Thanks, Nancy, I may just do that.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."

Pamela Dominguez

Is that phone locked?  Or are you able to use that with any carrier?  Pam.

In considering replacement phones, if I had gone with another flip, I was considering the following, which I will let you have the pleasure of investigating, if you so desire.  In handling  this phone, it seemed very sturdy and had buttons, very nice, noticeable buttons.  :)

The DuraXV+ by Kyocera is a tough, dependable basic phone. Designed to meet military standards for durability, this rugged flip phone can handle water, dust, drops, extreme temps and generally harsh environments. You can easily view the screen in sunlight, use the keypad with gloves on and with Smart Sonic Receiver, you can hear calls clearly when things around you get noisy.

Regards,

Nancy

Nancy Hill

My carrier is Verizon and I did put my hands on both the Kyocera  and the SE.  I do not know if it can be unlocked or if it is carried by other companies.

Nancy

Is that phone locked?  Or are you able to use that with any carrier?  Pam.

In considering replacement phones, if I had gone with another flip, I was considering the following, which I will let you have the pleasure of investigating, if you so desire.  In handling  this phone, it seemed very sturdy and had buttons, very nice, noticeable buttons.  :)

The DuraXV+ by Kyocera is a tough, dependable basic phone. Designed to meet military standards for durability, this rugged flip phone can handle water, dust, drops, extreme temps and generally harsh environments. You can easily view the screen in sunlight, use the keypad with gloves on and with Smart Sonic Receiver, you can hear calls clearly when things around you get noisy.

Regards,

Nancy

Marie <magpie.mn@...>

I believe all flip phones are tied to one specific carrier and not portable to other services.

In considering replacement phones, if I had gone with another flip, I was considering the following, which I will let you have the pleasure of investigating, if you so desire.  In handling  this phone, it seemed very sturdy and had buttons, very nice, noticeable buttons.  :)

The DuraXV+ by Kyocera is a tough, dependable basic phone. Designed to meet military standards for durability, this rugged flip phone can handle water, dust, drops, extreme temps and generally harsh environments. You can easily view the screen in sunlight, use the keypad with gloves on and with Smart Sonic Receiver, you can hear calls clearly when things around you get noisy.

Regards,

Nancy

Joseph Hudson <jhud7789@...>

Hi, I don't believe that these are Pacific to any carrier as my brother has one of these types of phones for his work and it is currently with AT&T.

On Sep 21, 2016, at 10:46 PM, Nancy Hill <girlyscream@...> wrote:

Ann,

In considering replacement phones, if I had gone with another flip, I was considering the following, which I will let you have the pleasure of investigating, if you so desire.  In handling  this phone, it seemed very sturdy and had buttons, very nice, noticeable buttons.  :)

The DuraXV+ by Kyocera is a tough, dependable basic phone. Designed to meet military standards for durability, this rugged flip phone can handle water, dust, drops, extreme temps and generally harsh environments. You can easily view the screen in sunlight, use the keypad with gloves on and with Smart Sonic Receiver, you can hear calls clearly when things around you get noisy.

Regards,

Nancy

Monte Single

I do not think so.

I am using a Samsung Rugby 4 here on the sasktel.net in western Canada.

It is quite likely that this phone is available on  other carriers in other parts of  Canada, the u s and around the world.

I believe all flip phones are tied to one specific carrier and not portable to other services.

In considering replacement phones, if I had gone with another flip, I was considering the following, which I will let you have the pleasure of investigating, if you so desire.  In handling  this phone, it seemed very sturdy and had buttons, very nice, noticeable buttons.  :)

The DuraXV+ by Kyocera is a tough, dependable basic phone. Designed to meet military standards for durability, this rugged flip phone can handle water, dust, drops, extreme temps and generally harsh environments. You can easily view the screen in sunlight, use the keypad with gloves on and with Smart Sonic Receiver, you can hear calls clearly when things around you get noisy.

Regards,

Nancy

Carolyn Arnold

I had one when I had Sprint and have one now with Verizon.

Bye for now,

Carolyn

<http://www.verizonwireless.com/basic-phones/kyocera-duraxv-plus/?mlcid=TG%7Carticle%7Cclick-through%7Carticle-body%7C275>

<wlmailhtml:%7B31AD038E-7900-4259-99BA-B3DBC53628F7%7Dmid://00000343/%21cid:part1.B662EBFD.FA15F65F@comcast.net>

The DuraXV+ by Kyocera is a tough, dependable basic phone. Designed to meet military standards for durability, this rugged flip phone can handle water, dust, drops, extreme temps and generally harsh environments. You can easily view the screen in sunlight, use the keypad with gloves on and with Smart Sonic Receiver, you can hear calls clearly when things around you get noisy.

Regards,

Nancy

Gene

I don't know.  My candy bar phone, which is not a flip phone but in terms of performance and abilities is equivalent, uses T Mobile.  But it is capable of working on the AT&T network.  But T Mobile only allows it to make emergency calls on that network if necessary.  I very much like this phone and if I were going to switch networks, I would inquire if it is compatible and can be switched.  I know it can't work with Verizon because that is an incompatible network.  But I wouldn't assume that it couldn't  be switched to AT&T.

I believe all flip phones are tied to one specific carrier and not portable to other services.

In considering replacement phones, if I had gone with another flip, I was considering the following, which I will let you have the pleasure of investigating, if you so desire.  In handling  this phone, it seemed very sturdy and had buttons, very nice, noticeable buttons.  :)

The DuraXV+ by Kyocera is a tough, dependable basic phone. Designed to meet military standards for durability, this rugged flip phone can handle water, dust, drops, extreme temps and generally harsh environments. You can easily view the screen in sunlight, use the keypad with gloves on and with Smart Sonic Receiver, you can hear calls clearly when things around you get noisy.

Regards,

Nancy

jeremy <icu8it2@...>

It's more so the range of frequencies or supported networks that the device in question has access to that will determine weather or not you can take the device from carrier to carrier. There are carriers, such as sprint that tend to be locked down more, basically do to them using a network that hardly anyone else uses. It's carriers like AT&T and T-Mobile that use the more widely used GSM type network, which also seems to be the case in other parts of the world too.

If I remember correctly, these days, a lot of the device providers are adding in the hardware to make them work on both sprint/verizon and AT&T supported networks, such as adding a GSM slot, even on non-GSM supported providers, but this wasn't always the case. These days, it's also necessary to make sure the device in question is going to have the right sized GSM slot, if that's what's being used and it needs to be unlocked as well.

It's been quite some time since I refreshed myself on the networks and how it all works, so please forgive for the lack of detail and where I may be slightly incorrect. :)
It should be enough to get a basic grasp on how it works though.
Take care.

I believe all flip phones are tied to one specific carrier and not portable to other services.

In considering replacement phones, if I had gone with another flip, I was considering the following, which I will let you have the pleasure of investigating, if you so desire. In handling this phone, it seemed very sturdy and had buttons, very nice, noticeable buttons. :)

DuraXV+ by Kyocera
<http://www.verizonwireless.com/basic-phones/kyocera-duraxv-plus/?mlcid=TG%7Carticle%7Cclick-through%7Carticle-body%7C275>

DuraXV+ by Kyocera

The DuraXV+ by Kyocera is a tough, dependable basic phone. Designed to meet military standards for durability, this rugged flip phone can handle water, dust, drops, extreme temps and generally harsh environments. You can easily view the screen in sunlight, use the keypad with gloves on and with Smart Sonic Receiver, you can hear calls clearly when things around you get noisy.

Regards,

Nancy

jeremy <icu8it2@...>

Not sure if it covers everything, but here's a really good link that explains quite a bit, for those interested.

jeremy wrote:

[...]

What does GSM stand for?

Bye for now,

Carolyn

In considering replacement phones, if I had gone with another flip, I
was considering the following, which I will let you have the pleasure
of investigating, if you so desire. In handling this phone, it
seemed very sturdy and had buttons, very nice, noticeable buttons.
:)

DuraXV+ by Kyocera

<http://www.verizonwireless.com/basic-phones/kyocera-duraxv-plus/?mlc
id=TG%7Carticle%7Cclick-through%7Carticle-body%7C275>

DuraXV+ by Kyocera

The DuraXV+ by Kyocera is a tough, dependable basic phone. Designed
to meet military standards for durability, this rugged flip phone can
handle water, dust, drops, extreme temps and generally harsh
environments. You can easily view the screen in sunlight, use the
keypad with gloves on and with Smart Sonic Receiver, you can hear
calls clearly when things around you get noisy.

Regards,

Nancy

GSM equals Global System for Mobile Communications; popular largely in
Europe and other parts of the world, it has made inroads here in the United
States and has gained quite a bit of grounds with TMobile and AT&T as the
leading adoptors. Some Verizon phones support both GSM and CDMA
technologies and they are thus referred to as world phones. GSM technology,
unlike CDMA, uses the SIM card.

With GSM, if the phone is unlocked, moving a phone number from one phone to
another is analogous to a plug-&-play in that one can take out a SIM card
from one phone and insert into another and you'll have service instantly.
One can't do this with CDMA phones!

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado

Carolyn Arnold

Thanks, and please, what does CDMA stand for, please?

Bye for now,

Carolyn

GSM equals Global System for Mobile Communications; popular
largely in Europe and other parts of the world, it has made
inroads here in the United States and has gained quite a bit
of grounds with TMobile and AT&T as the leading adoptors.
Some Verizon phones support both GSM and CDMA technologies
and they are thus referred to as world phones. GSM
technology, unlike CDMA, uses the SIM card.

With GSM, if the phone is unlocked, moving a phone number
from one phone to another is analogous to a plug-&-play in
that one can take out a SIM card from one phone and insert
into another and you'll have service instantly.
One can't do this with CDMA phones!

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado

CDMA equals Code Division Multiple Access!

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado

Carolyn Arnold

Thanks. I'll keep this and the other and read over until I
remember. I don't know that it will do me any good, but I'll
feel more informed, so thanks again.

Bye for now,

Carolyn

CDMA equals Code Division Multiple Access!

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado

Kimsan <kimsansong@...>

Phew, I thought it meant Cambodians doesn't mean awful.

Kimsan Song
kimsansong@outlook.com