From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Amy Gordon
Sent: Thursday, September 22, 2016 8:06 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] windows 10 and shut down or restart

So I guess my windows 10 updated and now I don't see the power option in the start menu to restart or shut down computer. Where can I find it now? Thanks

Jim Wohlgamuth

Amy, try 'ALT-F4', then you will be presented with a menu of options.   This works for me everytime!

 Good Luck&Have A Good Day! de

<KF8LT><Jim>.

On 22-Sep-16 12:23, Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi,
Fastest way: Windows+X then U. A menu of power options will appear, letting you choose from a number of options.
Cheers,
Joseph

So I guess my windows 10 updated and now I don't see the power option in the start menu to restart or shut down computer.  Where can I find it now? Thanks

Gene

Isn't Windows key m or d to move to the desktop than alt f4 either as fast or faster?  I use that on  all my windows machines regardless of version.  It has the advantage of consistency.