Google Home VS ,Amazon Echo

Chris G <chris@...>

Hi Ashley,

You can make phone calls with Google Home as well.
Using both devices you can even say call (phone number) and Echo and
Google Home will call those numbers.

What are things in your opinion that Echo can do that Google Home can't?
Google Home in my opinion does a better job when asking oddball
questions.
One thing Echo can do that Home can't is the ability to interface with
the Ring video doorbell. However you need a show or spot to have that
functionality work. They just added the ability to talk to someone on
the other side of the door by using the show or spot.

On the flip side, Google Home works with the Nest Hello doorbell.

Hope this helps,
Chris

Chris Grabowski
Mystic Access
Where the magic is in learning.
https://www.MysticAccess.com
Ready to begin using your assistive technology with confidence while actually having fun? Visit us to learn about our comprehensive audio tutorials, one-on-one support and ongoing teleclasses. We also offer eclectic and timely assistive technology podcasts, a newsletter containing exclusive news and discounts, regularly updated free downloads, and so much more.
Contact:
Phone: (716) 543-3323 (Ext. 500)
Twitter: MysticAccess
Facebook: mysticaccessempower

On Tue, 30 Oct 2018 05:05:36 -0500
"Ashley Breger via Groups.Io" <ashbreger=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Personally I prefer the Amazon echo as you can do more with her. You can configure the Echo to make phone calls if you sync your contacts. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Ashley Breger

On Oct 30, 2018, at 3:04 AM, A.Mac via Groups.Io <a.mcaneney=ntlworld.com@groups.io> wrote:

which is better for the blind,
Google Home VS
Amazon Ec .

--
Thanks for your time in advance.
Later

Chris Grabowski
Mystic Access
Where the magic is in learning.
https://www.MysticAccess.com
Ready to begin using your assistive technology with confidence while actually having fun? Visit us to learn about our comprehensive audio tutorials, one-on-one support and ongoing teleclasses. We also offer eclectic and timely assistive technology podcasts, a newsletter containing exclusive news and discounts, regularly updated free downloads, and so much more.
Contact:
Phone: (716) 543-3323 (Ext. 500)
Twitter: MysticAccess
Facebook: mysticaccessempower

james f hooper <james_hooper@...>

Has google caught up in terms of being able to stream with say tune in or
serius xm?

[...]

Kay Malmquist

Hey Chris,
Do you know if any of them work with the Sky bell?

Kay Malmquist
kay.malmquist@gmail.com

can control is your character.
- Wayne Walter Dyer (1940-2015)

[...]

Vicky Vaughan

I haven't heard of the "Sky Bell". What is it and what does it do?

Thanks! Vicky

Do you know if any of them work with the Sky bell?

Kay Malmquist
kay.malmquist@gmail.com

Your reputation is in the hands of others. That's what a reputation is. You
can't control that. The only thing you can control is your character.
- Wayne Walter Dyer (1940-2015)

[...]

---
https://www.avg.com

Donald L. Roberts

If you want to use your device to get substantive information, the Google devices run rings around the Echo. We have both, and I find the above statement to be consistently accurate. My wife uses the Google mini to obtain information on gardening, cooking, and general information.

Don Roberts

[...]

Doug Sloan

Hi

How do you make a call using google home?

[...]

Laz

You say Hey google, call contact name or phone number and it makes the call.

Laz

On 10/30/18, Doug Sloan <sloany50@bigpond.com> wrote:
[...]

Bluetooth devices, and accessories
http://www.talkingmp3players.com/
Email: laz@talkingmp3players.com
Phone: 727-498-0121
Skype: lazmesa

Veronica Kirk

My disappointment with Google Home is that you can't listen to SiriusXM with
the Google home as you can with the Echo.

[...]

The Sky bell is a video doorbell like Ring.

<a.mcaneney@...> wrote:

[...]

I know Alexa had a skill for Sky bell.  You could turn on and off quiet mode as well as start a recording, but showing the camera or talking to someone on the other side, that can't be done unless they made changes in Sky bell.

I exchanged mine for Ring.

<a.mcaneney@...> wrote:

[...]

Hi, No SiriusXM.
As far as Tunein, you can play music on Google home from Tunein, but to my knowledge not a tunein live subscription.