From: Betsy Sawyers
To: Mike B.
Sent: Friday, October 07, 2016 7:08 AM
Subject: Re: 6 More iPhone Ring Tones Attached

Thanks.
Styx is one of my favorite groups.

From: Mike B.
Sent: Thursday, October 06, 2016 1:47 PM
To: Betsy Sawyers
Subject: 6 More iPhone Ring Tones Attached

Hi Betsy,

Here's a list of the ring tones in the attached compressed folder.

Blue Collar Man (Long Nights)

Call Me the Breeze

Come Sail Away

Free Bird (outtake version)

Renegade

Stairway To Heaven

        Take care.
Mike
Sent from my iBarstool.  Go Dodgers!

jeremy <icu8it2@...>

Normally you've got two options, depending on if you're using a wired headset or using the phone without.

Using a wired headset, the earpods as my example, as that's what I'm most used to, it's pretty self explanatory. You press the middle button as soon as you get the sound for the incoming call. It should then change over to the new call. When you get ready to change back, you can press the middle button again, but this is where it can sometimes be weird. There are times where it changes back over to the call I had before, as you'd expect and there are others that it changes over to the previous call, but leaves it on hold. If it leaves it on hold, you can locate the hold button on the screen and double tap it to resume the call.

When you are using the phone without a headset, the process is pretty similar, just that you need to activate one of the buttons on the screen, either to end your call and change over to the new one or place your current call on hold and change over. When you want to change back, you need to go through the same steps as I mentioned before, locate the hold button and double tap it to take the previous call off hold. I will note though that it is often necessary, when you get ready to locate the hold button to first activate the hide button to close the dialpad and show the other buttons.

It may also be that you can use the two-finger double tap gesture to change back and forth from call t call, just as you can to answer/hang up on one, but I find the other way to be more reliable. On IOS10, I've found that there are a fair amount of times that the two-finger double tap doesn't register correctly, yet another bug, me thinks.
Hope this helps.
Take care.
Mike B. wrote:

Hi All,

We're using the SE model iPhones. How do you handle call waiting on iPhones? If I'm on the phone & I have an
incoming call, how do I click over to take that call, & how do I hang up on
that call without hanging up on my original call? All help will be greatly
appreciated. Thanks much.
Take care.
Mike
Sent from my iBarstool. Go Dodgers!
Here's a list of the ring tones in the attached compressed folder.

Blue Collar Man (Long Nights)

Call Me the Breeze

Come Sail Away

Free Bird (outtake version)

Renegade

Stairway To Heaven

Take care.
Mike
Sent from my iBarstool. Go Dodgers!

Carolyn Arnold

Am I ever thankful to have been delivered from the iPhone with its tricky hang ups to the Revere - just hit Talk Send for Call Waiting and to get back to first person.

Bye for now,

Carolyn

Here's a list of the ring tones in the attached compressed folder.

Blue Collar Man (Long Nights)

Call Me the Breeze

Come Sail Away

Free Bird (outtake version)

Renegade

Stairway To Heaven

Take care.
Mike
Sent from my iBarstool. Go Dodgers!

Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Jeremy,

Are you talking about the ear buds that come with the iPhone?  I do have a Logitech bluetooth headset but, I haven't experienced a call waiting experience with either 1 as of yet.  Well hell, for that matter I haven't experienced a call waiting experience with using the iPhone by itself either!  LOL

Being a new iPhone user I'm just trying to get ahead of the game by knowing what to do when the occasion arises.  Thank you very much for all the great tips!

Mike B. wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> We're using the SE model iPhones.  How do you handle call waiting on
> iPhones?  If I'm on the phone & I have an
> incoming call, how do I click over to take that call, & how do I hang
> up on
> that call without hanging up on my original call?  All help will be
> greatly
> appreciated.  Thanks much.
> Take care.
> Mike
> Sent from my iBarstool.  Go Dodgers!

Hi Again Jeremy,

Forget my last post.  I now see you're talking aboutthe the wired Apple headset, & not the ear buds that come with the iPhone.  But, thanks again for all the great tips.

Mike B. wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> We're using the SE model iPhones.  How do you handle call waiting on
> iPhones?  If I'm on the phone & I have an
> incoming call, how do I click over to take that call, & how do I hang
> up on
> that call without hanging up on my original call?  All help will be
> greatly
> appreciated.  Thanks much.
> Take care.
> Mike
> Sent from my iBarstool.  Go Dodgers!

Kimsan

Give the list your number, we all can call you simultaneously so you can get your practice on.

Kimsan Song

kimsansong@...

Mike B. wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> We're using the SE model iPhones.  How do you handle call waiting on
> iPhones?  If I'm on the phone & I have an
> incoming call, how do I click over to take that call, & how do I hang
> up on
> that call without hanging up on my original call?  All help will be
> greatly
> appreciated.  Thanks much.
> Take care.
> Mike
> Sent from my iBarstool.  Go Dodgers!

Joseph Hudson <jhud7789@...>

I don't recommend doing that, unless you want to continuously have to block people from calling you. Yeah I do it, But that is so that I can provide support to people in need.

Mike B. wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> We're using the SE model iPhones.  How do you handle call waiting on
> iPhones?  If I'm on the phone & I have an
> incoming call, how do I click over to take that call, & how do I hang
> up on
> that call without hanging up on my original call?  All help will be
> greatly
> appreciated.  Thanks much.
> Take care.
> Mike
> Sent from my iBarstool.  Go Dodgers!

Of course, Michael B knows I’m joking…

Kimsan Song

kimsansong@...

Mike B. wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> We're using the SE model iPhones.  How do you handle call waiting on
> iPhones?  If I'm on the phone & I have an
> incoming call, how do I click over to take that call, & how do I hang
> up on
> that call without hanging up on my original call?  All help will be
> greatly
> appreciated.  Thanks much.
> Take care.
> Mike
> Sent from my iBarstool.  Go Dodgers!

Yo Bro,

Yeah right!  I could put it out there & turn the phone off so I get a ton of voice mail, & that way I'll get practice accessing my voice mail as well.  LOL

For Jeremy, I did take my ear pods out & check them out.  I found the little button that you were talking about.  The way you described the button, it sounded like the button was on the ear pod itself but, on the set that came with the iPhone, it's a thin, long button that is inline with 1 of the cables running down from 1 of the ear pods.  1 end is volume up, the other end is volume down, & pressing in the middle is what / where you press for answering / call waiting.

Mike B. wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> We're using the SE model iPhones.  How do you handle call waiting on
> iPhones?  If I'm on the phone & I have an
> incoming call, how do I click over to take that call, & how do I hang
> up on
> that call without hanging up on my original call?  All help will be
> greatly
> appreciated.  Thanks much.
> Take care.
> Mike
> Sent from my iBarstool.  Go Dodgers!

Hi Joseph,

There's no way in hell I would put my number outlike that!  LOL

Mike B. wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> We're using the SE model iPhones.  How do you handle call waiting on
> iPhones?  If I'm on the phone & I have an
> incoming call, how do I click over to take that call, & how do I hang
> up on
> that call without hanging up on my original call?  All help will be
> greatly
> appreciated.  Thanks much.
> Take care.
> Mike
> Sent from my iBarstool.  Go Dodgers!

You've got to be kidding!  I may have been born at night but, it wasn't last night!  LOL  LOL
Take care.
Mike
Sent from my iBarstool.  Go Dodgers!

Of course he does. But in again he might actually fall for it.

Mike B. wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> We're using the SE model iPhones.  How do you handle call waiting on
> iPhones?  If I'm on the phone & I have an
> incoming call, how do I click over to take that call, & how do I hang
> up on
> that call without hanging up on my original call?  All help will be
> greatly
> appreciated.  Thanks much.
> Take care.
> Mike
> Sent from my iBarstool.  Go Dodgers!

Of course I'm not kidding, oh and you want to talk about boring yesterday, No you were born in 1989 two days after me LOL.

Mike B. wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> We're using the SE model iPhones.  How do you handle call waiting on
> iPhones?  If I'm on the phone & I have an
> incoming call, how do I click over to take that call, & how do I hang
> up on
> that call without hanging up on my original call?  All help will be
> greatly
> appreciated.  Thanks much.
> Take care.
> Mike
> Sent from my iBarstool.  Go Dodgers!

Born in 1989?!  Hell you're only off by 32 years!  LOL  LOL  & that is no joke!

Mike B. wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> We're using the SE model iPhones.  How do you handle call waiting on
> iPhones?  If I'm on the phone & I have an
> incoming call, how do I click over to take that call, & how do I hang
> up on
> that call without hanging up on my original call?  All help will be
> greatly
> appreciated.  Thanks much.
> Take care.
> Mike
> Sent from my iBarstool.  Go Dodgers!

For sure, you are most welcome and yeah, I was talking about using the earpods, the headphones that come with the phone. :)

I can't say for sure, but the process may work a bit differently if you're using a bluetooth headset, as the wireless deal sometimes can throw off shortcuts like using a button to answer calls, hang them up, etc. I've seen this be a bit more an issue in areas like skype, but I've never actually used a bt headset enough to see how to do the call waiting thing. hehe
Take care.

Mike B. wrote:

[...]

I took the ear pods out that came with my iPhone to checked them out, & what I thought you meant, & what actually is, was different than I pictured.  When you mentioned pushing buttons, I assumed that there were buttons on the ear buds themselves but, what I realized was that there's an in-line switch that is about an inch or so long & very thin!  On this switch is where you spoke of for increasing / decreasing volume with the top / bottom buttons & switching calls etc. , by pressing the center of the switch.  Well, now I've got this ear pod thing under control, & I thank you very much.

Mike B. wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> We're using the SE model iPhones.  How do you handle call waiting on
> iPhones?  If I'm on the phone & I have an
> incoming call, how do I click over to take that call, & how do I hang
> up on
> that call without hanging up on my original call?  All help will be
> greatly
> appreciated.  Thanks much.
> Take care.
> Mike
> Sent from my iBarstool.  Go Dodgers!

Well hell, what the hell is wrong with that?!  do you young punks think us older folks can't learn or stay up to date with all this new technology or what?!  The fact is that you younger folks are too caught up into all this computer & social media crap that makes your social skills suck!  Y'all don't know how to communicate unless you're texting, Facebooking, or doing your communication via your smart phones / computers, & don't have the appropriate skill to have a normal verbal conversation, you know call someone & actually talk!  It's a damn sad fact when 2 people sitting in the same room will text the other person in the room rather than talk to them!  That my friend is a fact, & a bunch of bull crap!  I don't say this just from talking crap but, I've witnessed it way too many times!  Joseph, I'm not going off on you but, I'm going off on the younger society as I've witnessed it over the last several years.  When was the last time any of the younger generation on this list actually have called their mothers, fathers, siblings, or a friend to say, how are you, I love you, or just hello?!  Instead of, I need this or that...!  Folks, I'm not ashamed to say that I'm 59 years old, & wouldn't trade any of it back!  I'm not trying to start a furor nor, am I mad but, communication skills have dwindled so much these days of technology that people can't call the people that are most important to them if their battery goes dead in their damn phone whether it's smart or not!  LOL,  hahaha hahaha hahaha,  LOL

Mike B. wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> We're using the SE model iPhones.  How do you handle call waiting on
> iPhones?  If I'm on the phone & I have an
> incoming call, how do I click over to take that call, & how do I hang
> up on
> that call without hanging up on my original call?  All help will be
> greatly
> appreciated.  Thanks much.
> Take care.
> Mike
> Sent from my iBarstool.  Go Dodgers!

Howdy Y'all,

I screwed up, & didn't finish my thought on why people can't call others if their damn battery goes dead ontheir phone, whether it's a smart phone or not!  The younger folks rely too much on their electronic gadgets to do their work for them!  Most of you younger people can't do simple mathematics in your head, tell time from analogue clocks, manage a checkbook, or don't remember phone numbers just from the simple fact you depend too much on others & devices to survive.  I'm only basing what I'm saying on what happens around me with the younger generation that I know & not on the younger as a whole.

Mike B. wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> We're using the SE model iPhones.  How do you handle call waiting on
> iPhones?  If I'm on the phone & I have an
> incoming call, how do I click over to take that call, & how do I hang
> up on
> that call without hanging up on my original call?  All help will be
> greatly
> appreciated.  Thanks much.
> Take care.
> Mike
> Sent from my iBarstool.  Go Dodgers!

Muhahaha, I couldn’t even do a simple math problem way before siri came in the picture.

I only got a phone cuzz I have kids. I know that will not be a strong argument, but I’m not trying to argue lol.  From 20 to 24, I kept seeing all these college kids with phones and I’m thinking, you dam phone hores!  Then again, dam, the use of cell phones and ipads are now even recommended in some classrooms!

Kimsan Song

kimsansong@...