Topics

update on alex and iphone

Kimsan

Hi,

I had to reset and erase all content on my phone again, and after setting everything up, Alex appeared. I did the same thing twice, so why did it work the second time. No need to answer that. It works and Alex is the default voice now.

Thanks to everyone who responded. It’s appreciated.

Kimsan Song

kimsansong@...

Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>

Yo Bro,

In your opinion, how & what are the differences between the Alex & default voices?  Believe me bro, I know you prefer the Alex voice because of your hearing impairment but, I'm just curious to hear why you can hear / understand Alex so much better than the default voice.  Is it the pitch, treble, bass, or is it just the clarity of the overall voice?  Thanks bro.
Take care.
Mike
Sent from my iBarstool.  Go Dodgers!

I had to reset and erase all content on my phone again, and after setting everything up, Alex appeared. I did the same thing twice, so why did it work the second time. No need to answer that. It works and Alex is the default voice now.

Thanks to everyone who responded. It’s appreciated.

Kimsan Song

kimsansong@...

Kimsan

Samantha’s voice I can’t understand.  The best way to describe it is someone talking while squeezing their nose.

I guess we can chalk it down to clarity, and also when samanthas voice is up loud because of my hearing impairment, it pierces my ear. I can have alex blasting and no piercing affect.

Kimsan Song

kimsansong@...

I had to reset and erase all content on my phone again, and after setting everything up, Alex appeared. I did the same thing twice, so why did it work the second time. No need to answer that. It works and Alex is the default voice now.

Thanks to everyone who responded. It’s appreciated.

Kimsan Song

kimsansong@...

George Basioli <gbmagoo@...>

It is because sometimes all the packets in the software download do not come across.

I had to reset and erase all content on my phone again, and after setting everything up, Alex appeared. I did the same thing twice, so why did it work the second time. No need to answer that. It works and Alex is the default voice now.

Thanks to everyone who responded. It’s appreciated.

Kimsan Song

kimsansong@...

Marie

Glad you got Alex to work for you. I have used it for a long time and think it the best, but then everyone has their own opinion. I am also happy that you seem to have decided to stick with the IPhone. You don’t have to do everything with it and I tried the Revere3 for a couple of months ago and found the flip phone harder to accomplish what I want from my phone. so happy IPhoning.
Marie

I had to reset and erase all content on my phone again, and after setting everything up, Alex appeared. I did the same thing twice, so why did it work the second time. No need to answer that. It works and Alex is the default voice now.

Thanks to everyone who responded. It’s appreciated.

Kimsan Song

kimsansong@...

Marie

I also have a hearing impairment although I don’t believe it is as bad as yours, but I find Alex the easiest to understand also. Occasionally I have to listen very carefully to any of the voices but less with Alex.
Marie

I had to reset and erase all content on my phone again, and after setting everything up, Alex appeared. I did the same thing twice, so why did it work the second time. No need to answer that. It works and Alex is the default voice now.

Thanks to everyone who responded. It’s appreciated.

Kimsan Song

kimsansong@...

Yes Alex is the easiest to understand indeed even with someone like me whose hearing impairment is profound in the left and moderate to severe in the right so you can imagine how hard I would find some of the other voices.

On 9 Oct 2016, at 17:43, Marie <magpie.mn@...> wrote:

I also have a hearing impairment although I don’t believe it is as bad as yours, but I find Alex the easiest to understand also. Occasionally I have to listen very carefully to any of the voices but less with Alex.
Marie

I had to reset and erase all content on my phone again, and after setting everything up, Alex appeared. I did the same thing twice, so why did it work the second time. No need to answer that. It works and Alex is the default voice now.

Thanks to everyone who responded. It’s appreciated.

Kimsan Song
kimsansong@...

Kimsan

I’m the same way.