Newby question about best portable NLS player...

Rick LJ

--
Thank you kindly, Rick!

Hello,

Rick J here, just wanted to know what would the best, durable and
portable NLS player you would recommend is?

Thanks ahead of time, Rick J

Norman

Hi.
NLS will give you a player if you're a member.
For a stand alone nls player, i'd say this is the best. It supports both the cartridges and standard flash drives.
battery life is incredible, over 24 hours of audio time.
Some other players support nls as well if you'd rather have something that does other things as well. I can't say for sure which ones.
There is also an ap for both apple and android smartphones an tablets.
I think there may be a program for windows, called leasie or something like that but not sure.
Really, it's all in what you want your player to do, if you have an android or apple device give the ap a try and if that doesn't work, call NLS and ask them.

HTH.

On 12/22/2015 2:01 PM, Rick LJ wrote:

Pamela Dominguez

The best portable NLS player is the free one they give out. That sounds good, it works on batteries or electric, it's durable like you said you wanted. It's the best of all those things. Pam.

Rick J here, just wanted to know what would the best, durable and
portable NLS player you would recommend is?

Thanks ahead of time, Rick J

-----
No virus found in this message.

Walt Smith

There's one major problem with the NLS-provided player and that's its size
-- not exactly what I'd consider truly portable, although you *can* carry it
from room to room. Also, it has this weird characteristic in which you can
absolutely kill the battery if you once permit the unit to completely
discharge -- been there, got the T-shirt.

For true portability; meaning the ability to slip a device with a couple of
dozen (or couple of hundred) books into my pocket and go wherever I want; I
don't believe you can beat the Victor Reader Stream. Unlike the NLS player,
the American taxpayer isn't paying for it, but in a single unit, you get the
ability to play a wide range of file formats from NLS to Audible books to
plain text to MP3 and a bunch of others, but you also get the ability to
download books directly from NLS: the "free" NLS player doesn't provide this
function and never will. You'll pay between $330 and $370 for the Stream,
depending on when and where you purchase it, but it's a great piece of
reading and WiFi access technology. For information, check out:

http://www.humanware.com