Putting a shortcut on the desktop

Howard Traxler <howard@...>

I would like to put my volume control on the desktop and can't remember how.

When I press the Windows key and get a search box and type in volume control, I get "adjust volume" or something like it.  From there, I don't know how to make a shortcut.  Please help.  Thanks.

Howard

Steve Matzura

Unfortunately, that's not possible because it's already part of Control Panel.

On 1/4/2019 8:38 AM, Howard Traxler wrote:
I would like to put my volume control on the desktop and can't remember how.

When I press the Windows key and get a search box and type in volume control, I get "adjust volume" or something like it.  From there, I don't know how to make a shortcut.  Please help.  Thanks.

Howard

Gene

But you should be able to make a shortcut to the part of the volume control you can get to by typing sndvol from the run dialog.  If you find the file location, you can make a shortcut to that file.  It will allow you to adjust the play volumes of whatever you are using.  To do other things, you will have to use the volume control in control panel, as far as I know.

Sent: Friday, January 04, 2019 6:06 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Putting a shortcut on the desktop

Unfortunately, that's not possible because it's already part of Control
Panel.

On 1/4/2019 8:38 AM, Howard Traxler wrote:
> I would like to put my volume control on the desktop and can't
> remember how.
>

> When I press the Windows key and get a search box and type in volume
> control, I get "adjust volume" or something like it.  From there, I
> don't know how to make a shortcut.  Please help.  Thanks.
>

> Howard

Mike B. <mike9902@...>

Hi Howard,

The steps below will work for Windows 7 & 10:
From: david
1, go to desktop,
Windows key+m,

2, press the keystroke,
Ctrl+spacebar,
To unselect all icons.

3, press the applications key, and down arrow and enter on, New sub menu.

4, now arrow and enter on,
New shortcut.

5,Now type the following in the edit box,
sndvol
6, tab next, press enter.
You will see/hear;
sndvol.exe
Tab finish press enter.

Now, if you would like a hot-key,

1, desktop,
Press the letter "s" until you hear,
sndvol.exe.

2, now press alt+enter to bring up the properties,

3, tab until you hear;
Shortcut key none,
Here you could type "v"=volume or what ever letter you wish, Now press
enter.
So, alt+ctrl+v would bring up the sndvol properties page.

Hope this helps.
David

From: Kimsan
Hello:
You can type in sndvol in the search and the volume control will appear.
If you want a shortcut on the desktop, you can do the following:
1.  windows key e for windows explorer
2. Find your c drive and press enter.
3.  Press w until you arrive to windows.
4. type the word system so you will arrive to system32 and press enter.
5.  Now type: SNDSVole and you will land on SNDVol.exe.
6. Press shift f 10 or the applications key and arrow down until you find
send to and expand that submenu.
7.  Look for the desktop choice and press enter.
Take care.
Kimsan
Take care.  Go Rams!
Sent from my iBarstool.

Sent: Friday, January 04, 2019 5:38 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] Putting a shortcut on the desktop

I would like to put my volume control on the desktop and can't remember how.

When I press the Windows key and get a search box and type in volume
control, I get "adjust volume" or something like it. From there, I
don't know how to make a shortcut. Please help. Thanks.

Howard

Howard Traxler <howard@...>

Thanks, Mike B.  I knew it was possible but didn't remember.  Now, I think I can rename it on the desktop and give it a better name.

I've now saved the instructions and will try to find it the next time I need it.

Howard

Sent: Friday, January 04, 2019 5:38 AM

I would like to put my volume control on the desktop and can't remember how.

When I press the Windows key and get a search box and type in volume
control, I get "adjust volume" or something like it. From there, I
don't know how to make a shortcut. Please help. Thanks.

Howard

Steve Matzura

Ya know, I've been doing this stuff since it was invented, and sometimes I just hafta ask myself, "oh yeah? Really? And you forgot this simple thing?" Now please help me to put that frying-pan down, as the ringing in my ears from my hitting myself over the head with it is starting to get intense! HAHHAHHAHHAH! I should have known this, of course, but instead of thinking of it from (air quotes) outside the box, I got lost in the box and was trying to say that it was not possible to create a shortcut for that particular search item, when I should have been thinking to create the shortcut to the program the searched-for shortcut actually runs!