the VIP3000 talking thermostat

Troy Burnham

Hi all,

If anyone uses the VIP3000 talking thermostat with an electric AC and heating system, I've lost the user's guide booklet that came in the box and it now appears that the dip switches inside the thermostat aren't set correctly because the thermostat isn't cycling the unit on and off as it should.  I know this may be a longshot but if anybody has their booklet and could get me the settings for the dip switches I'm appreciate it.  I'll try to call the company tomorrow and see if they can send me a booklet, but I suspect they may be closed on the weekends and that I may have to wait until Monday to contact them.

Troy

Holly

Troy:

You can find the large print instruction manual at www.smartwaysolutions.com/pdf/vip3000-customer-info-large-type-06-09-11.pdf

Then you can save it on your computer or print it out.

Troy Burnham

Thank you Holly!  Now I just hope that a professional isn't needed to change the switches and that my mom can do it.  It's getting pretty cold around here at night, for this area anyway, but with the switches set wrong as I believe they are the heater is staying on too long and actually making it too uncomfortably warm during the night.

Troy

On 1/4/2019 7:34 PM, Holly wrote:
Troy:

You can find the large print instruction manual at www.smartwaysolutions.com/pdf/vip3000-customer-info-large-type-06-09-11.pdf

Then you can save it on your computer or print it out.

Mike B. <mike9902@...>

Hi Troy,

I strongly suggest that you call out a service technician to do this because if you make a little mistake you run the chance of not only screwing up the thermostat but, your AC / Heat system as well.  Especially if your AC / Heat system has multiple stages / speeds.
Take care.  Go Rams!
Sent from my iBarstool.

Sent: Friday, January 04, 2019 6:02 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] the VIP3000 talking thermostat

On 1/4/2019 7:34 PM, Holly wrote:
> Troy:
>
> You can find the large print instruction manual at
> www.smartwaysolutions.com/pdf/vip3000-customer-info-large-type-06-09-11.pdf
>
> Then you can save it on your computer or print it out.

Holly

Good luck, Troy. Guess it is better to be a little warm, than freezing cold.