No Sound on Videos in Firefox

Abbie Taylor

I noticed just this morning that I don’t get any sound on videos from YouTube that I try to watch on Firefox. I’ve checked the volume for FireFox in the sound settings, and it’s up to 60. Videos work find in Chrome, so there must be some sort of a glitch in Firefox. I prefer to use Firefox over Chrome because of its ease in accessing bookmarks, so short of copying and pasting a link to a YouTube video from Firefox to Chrome, I’d appreciate any suggestions for fixing this. I’m using Windows 10 with NVDA.

http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com

abbietaylor945@...

http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com

abbietaylor945@...

Gene

The easiest thing to do might be to try Firefox Portable.  If you are interested, I or someone can tell you where to find it.  You can transfer bookmarks to
Firefox portable if it works with Youtube.  If it does, you can make a backup copy of the portable version and, if you have problems with the one you are using, you can delete the folder and copy the backup to where you have the one you use regularly.

Sent: Sunday, March 03, 2019 12:32 PM
To: Talk
Subject: [TechTalk] No Sound on Videos in Firefox

I noticed just this morning that I don’t get any sound on videos from YouTube that I try to watch on Firefox. I’ve checked the volume for FireFox in the sound settings, and it’s up to 60. Videos work find in Chrome, so there must be some sort of a glitch in Firefox. I prefer to use Firefox over Chrome because of its ease in accessing bookmarks, so short of copying and pasting a link to a YouTube video from Firefox to Chrome, I’d appreciate any suggestions for fixing this. I’m using Windows 10 with NVDA.

http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com

abbietaylor945@...

http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com

abbietaylor945@...

It may be that your YouTube volume, the one from the player, may be all the way down or even that the "mute" button was pressed inadvertently.
The reason it works in Chrome, I believe, is because of the cookies from Firefox. When you do anything on a page, these guys as far as I know are responsible for saving this information for the next time you open it.

So, as a possible solution:
Open your video
Tab until you hear the slider control.
Up arrow to increase the volume.
If it's not at the first place you find, it'll be at the second one.

Good luck.

Cheers,
Marcio
Follow or add me on Facebook

Em 03/03/2019 15:32, Abbie Taylor escreveu:

I noticed just this morning that I don’t get any sound on videos from YouTube that I try to watch on Firefox. I’ve checked the volume for FireFox in the sound settings, and it’s up to 60. Videos work find in Chrome, so there must be some sort of a glitch in Firefox. I prefer to use Firefox over Chrome because of its ease in accessing bookmarks, so short of copying and pasting a link to a YouTube video from Firefox to Chrome, I’d appreciate any suggestions for fixing this. I’m using Windows 10 with NVDA.

http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com

abbietaylor945@...

http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com

abbietaylor945@...

Abbie Taylor

Marcio, you hit the nail on the head. The mute button was pressed, and that was why I wasn't getting sound. When I unmuted, I got sound. Duh! Thanks.

You're welcome :)
I'm always glad whenever I can help somehow.