Is it going to be possible to use Blue Tooth with my hearing aids for calls using my iPhone SE?

Carolyn Arnold

Do any of you know if it is going to be possible to use Blue
Tooth with Blue Tooth capable hearing aids for my phone
calls, and there not be a conflict with VoiceOver? When we
worked with it some yesterday at the audiologist's, there
seemed to be conflict. I think I have heard about people
using it though. I would not be streaming music.

If you pray, don't worry; if you worry, don't pray,

Carolyn

Jim Rawls

Carolyn, I use my IPhone with my bluetooth hearing aids, but you need
something else to do that. I have a ComPilot. It is small, and what it does
is direct the phone call from your IPhone to your hearing aids. But... you
have to have the right kind of hearing aid to do that. I have a brand called
Phonak. And, you have to have their high end hearing aid to use the
ComPilot. The ComPilot can also be used to direct TV shows to your hearing
aid directly. So, you hear the show at your volume you want, and whoever is
watching TV with you can have the volume set the way they want. My hearing
aids cost approximately $6000, and the ComPilot about $300. There is also a
microphone you can get for the ComPilot that helps you in places like
stores, and restaurants. If you are with someone, they can wear the
microphone, and you hear what they are saying very clearly. This helps in
crowds etc. Anyway, if you want more info, write me off list if you like, or
just answer here. Hope this helps. Jim

hearing aids for calls using my iPhone SE?

Do any of you know if it is going to be possible to use Blue
Tooth with Blue Tooth capable hearing aids for my phone
calls, and there not be a conflict with VoiceOver? When we
worked with it some yesterday at the audiologist's, there
seemed to be conflict. I think I have heard about people
using it though. I would not be streaming music.

If you pray, don't worry; if you worry, don't pray,

Carolyn

Gerald Levy

I hate to ask, but how much did your high-end blutoot-enabled Phonak hearing aids cost?

Gerald

On 3/6/2019 2:53 PM, Jim Rawls wrote:
[...]

It's in the email. But I'll say again. The hearing aids ran approximately $6000. I saved up a long time to get them. Jim

hearing aids for calls using my iPhone SE?

Do any of you know if it is going to be possible to use Blue
Tooth with Blue Tooth capable hearing aids for my phone
calls, and there not be a conflict with VoiceOver? When we
worked with it some yesterday at the audiologist's, there
seemed to be conflict. I think I have heard about people
using it though. I would not be streaming music.

If you pray, don't worry; if you worry, don't pray,

Carolyn

Carolyn Arnold

Thanks. That is useful information, Jim. I am compiling
information to see what I have to do. The audiologist was
going to talk to the Oticon engineers, but it could be he'd
need to talk to Apple.

Best regards,

Carolyn

Tooth with my hearing aids for calls using my iPhone SE?

Do any of you know if it is going to be possible to use Blue
Tooth with Blue Tooth capable hearing aids for my phone
calls, and there not be a conflict with VoiceOver? When we
worked with it some yesterday at the audiologist's, there
seemed to be conflict. I think I have heard about people
using it though. I would not be streaming music.

If you pray, don't worry; if you worry, don't pray,

Carolyn

Carolyn Arnold

Jim said his were $6,000; mine were $4,000. I could have gone $7, with, as he said, "all the bells and whistles." I don't need hearing aids that are smarter than I am. My phone is bad enough.

Best regards,

Carolyn

hearing aids for calls using my iPhone SE?

Do any of you know if it is going to be possible to use Blue
Tooth with Blue Tooth capable hearing aids for my phone
calls, and there not be a conflict with VoiceOver? When we
worked with it some yesterday at the audiologist's, there
seemed to be conflict. I think I have heard about people
using it though. I would not be streaming music.

If you pray, don't worry; if you worry, don't pray,

Carolyn

Carolyn Arnold

I understand that, Jim, and the thing that is a problem is that within six years or so, we'll probably be told that we need new ones.

Best regards,

Carolyn

It's in the email. But I'll say again. The hearing aids ran approximately $6000. I saved up a long time to get them. Jim

hearing aids for calls using my iPhone SE?

Do any of you know if it is going to be possible to use Blue
Tooth with Blue Tooth capable hearing aids for my phone
calls, and there not be a conflict with VoiceOver? When we
worked with it some yesterday at the audiologist's, there
seemed to be conflict. I think I have heard about people
using it though. I would not be streaming music.

If you pray, don't worry; if you worry, don't pray,

Carolyn

Jim Rawls

I talked to my technician at House Ear institute here in LA, and he said, that as long as you keep your hearing aids up, that is, make sure you keep the maintenance of them up, that they will be good for many years. The ComPilot made replacing, but at $300, you can save up for that if necessary. I have had mine now for three years, and love it. Jim

I understand that, Jim, and the thing that is a problem is that within six years or so, we'll probably be told that we need new ones.

Best regards,

Carolyn

It's in the email. But I'll say again. The hearing aids ran approximately $6000. I saved up a long time to get them. Jim

hearing aids for calls using my iPhone SE?

Do any of you know if it is going to be possible to use Blue
Tooth with Blue Tooth capable hearing aids for my phone
calls, and there not be a conflict with VoiceOver? When we
worked with it some yesterday at the audiologist's, there
seemed to be conflict. I think I have heard about people
using it though. I would not be streaming music.

If you pray, don't worry; if you worry, don't pray,

Carolyn

Jim Rawls

Carolyn, I went for the high end ones, because I'm a musician, and I wanted to hear all I could when performing music, or listening to it. smile. Jim

Jim said his were $6,000; mine were $4,000. I could have gone $7, with, as he said, "all the bells and whistles." I don't need hearing aids that are smarter than I am. My phone is bad enough.

Best regards,

Carolyn

hearing aids for calls using my iPhone SE?

Do any of you know if it is going to be possible to use Blue
Tooth with Blue Tooth capable hearing aids for my phone
calls, and there not be a conflict with VoiceOver? When we
worked with it some yesterday at the audiologist's, there
seemed to be conflict. I think I have heard about people
using it though. I would not be streaming music.

If you pray, don't worry; if you worry, don't pray,

Carolyn

Jim Rawls

Carolyn, he shouldn't have to talk to Apple at all. I have a friend of mine
who just got his autocon hearing aids, and ComPilot, and all works well, and
no one called Apple about anything. He loves his also. Jim

Tooth with my hearing aids for calls using my iPhone SE?

Do any of you know if it is going to be possible to use Blue
Tooth with Blue Tooth capable hearing aids for my phone
calls, and there not be a conflict with VoiceOver? When we
worked with it some yesterday at the audiologist's, there
seemed to be conflict. I think I have heard about people
using it though. I would not be streaming music.

If you pray, don't worry; if you worry, don't pray,

Carolyn

Gerald Levy

Yikes!  I'm old enough to remember when you could buy a fully loaded Cadilac for that amount.

Gerald

On 3/6/2019 3:20 PM, Jim Rawls wrote:
It's in the email. But I'll say again. The hearing aids ran approximately $6000. I saved up a long time to get them. Jim

hearing aids for calls using my iPhone SE?

Do any of you know if it is going to be possible to use Blue
Tooth with Blue Tooth capable hearing aids for my phone
calls, and there not be a conflict with VoiceOver? When we
worked with it some yesterday at the audiologist's, there
seemed to be conflict. I think I have heard about people
using it though. I would not be streaming music.

If you pray, don't worry; if you worry, don't pray,

Carolyn

Curtis Delzer

there is also the blind hearing aid list which is a huge wealth of information, with personal anecdotes.

--

Curtis Delmer
HS

Jim Rawls

Me too. Jim

hearing aids for calls using my iPhone SE?

Do any of you know if it is going to be possible to use Blue
Tooth with Blue Tooth capable hearing aids for my phone
calls, and there not be a conflict with VoiceOver? When we
worked with it some yesterday at the audiologist's, there
seemed to be conflict. I think I have heard about people
using it though. I would not be streaming music.

If you pray, don't worry; if you worry, don't pray,

Carolyn

Carolyn Arnold

Do you get the comPilot through your audiologist?

Best regards,

Carolyn

[...]

That makes sense. My husband plays guitar and banjo and has no noticeable hearing problem.

Best regards,

Carolyn

[...]

I'm old enough to remember when you could get a Cadillac for, I am thinking, if I remember right, $4,000, which is what I paid for mine. But, as Jim says, he's a musician, and he wants as much as he can get. As I understand it, mine have what hearig aids need, even Blue Tooth, but, as the audiologist said, "not all the bells and whistles." I take it that is the telephone loop and some kind of music adjust. I had those on my WideX, and I couldn't tell anything that they did.

Best regards,

Carolyn

hearing aids for calls using my iPhone SE?

Do any of you know if it is going to be possible to use Blue
Tooth with Blue Tooth capable hearing aids for my phone
calls, and there not be a conflict with VoiceOver? When we
worked with it some yesterday at the audiologist's, there
seemed to be conflict. I think I have heard about people
using it though. I would not be streaming music.

If you pray, don't worry; if you worry, don't pray,

Carolyn

Gerald Levy

To subscribe to the Blind Hearing Aid Users email list which I own and moderate,send a blank message to:

blindhearingaidusers+subscribe@groups.io

Gerald

On 3/6/2019 5:19 PM, Curtis Delzer wrote:
[...]

Oh yes, I bugged them there too.

Best regards,

Carolyn

my hearing aids for calls using my iPhone SE?

Do any of you know if it is going to be possible to use Blue Tooth
with Blue Tooth capable hearing aids for my phone calls, and there not
be a conflict with VoiceOver? When we worked with it some yesterday at
the audiologist's, there seemed to be conflict. I think I have heard
about people using it though. I would not be streaming music.

If you pray, don't worry; if you worry, don't pray,

Carolyn

--

Curtis Delmer
HS
W B 6 H E F
Rial to, CA

Jim Rawls

Yes, and sometimes they can give you a discount, depending on their connection to the company. Jim

[...]

Carolyn, I'll be 84 in a month, so I remember those prices well. Smile. Jim