Sent: Monday, March 11, 2019 12:07 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] reposting unread in outlook 2016

Putting this back out there, since the first round, no responses.

Hi,

I use outlook 2016, when the email is unread, how do I have jaws pronounce it’s unread once I arrow onto it?

Right now it says unread after I focus on the email.

Using jaws 18 through 2019.

Thanks

Kimsan

Yeah, Gene that didn’t come out right did it? No wonder nobody responded.

When arrowing to an email when it’s not read, it’ll say unread followed by the info like the sender etc. Lately, I would arrow to the message then it says unread after it states the sender, subject etc.

What are you describing?  When you move to a message in the list, it is selected.  How are you moving without selecting messages?

Gene

Putting this back out there, since the first round, no responses.

Hi,

I use outlook 2016, when the email is unread, how do I have jaws pronounce it’s unread once I arrow onto it?

Right now it says unread after I focus on the email.

Using jaws 18 through 2019.

Thanks

Gene

Evidently, but I don't use the program and I don't know if that is the case, unread is something that can be moved as to where it appears.  The method of changing where it appears may be the same as changing where other header fields appear.  I don't recall which screen-reader you are using and this may be limited to NVDA, but there is an add on that let's you easily change the order of header fields.  Others may comment on that but I don't know enough about it to discuss it further.

Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2019 12:27 AM