Best Email Client for Windows?


Sharon Hooley
 

Hi,


I'd like your input, please.  Which email client for windows, would you say,  is easiest to tweak in settings and to navigate with the keyboard and let's you go through your messages the quickest?  For example, when I've used the Mac, I found it so far to be the fastest, because it would speak the subject header before the sender.  Then, if I come to an always collapsed thread, I can simply navigate to the left and hit space bar to expand the conversation, then go back, then up or down  to find and open the message of interest.


Thanks,


--
Is it hard to communicate, even with hearing aids? Visit http://www.cochlearamericas.com


brian
 

As far is I know thunderbird is the email client for windows 10 I have not heard anyone say that any other program is better.

Brian Sackrider

On 3/12/2019 7:13 AM, Sharon Hooley wrote:
Hi,


I'd like your input, please.  Which email client for windows, would you say,  is easiest to tweak in settings and to navigate with the keyboard and let's you go through your messages the quickest?  For example, when I've used the Mac, I found it so far to be the fastest, because it would speak the subject header before the sender.  Then, if I come to an always collapsed thread, I can simply navigate to the left and hit space bar to expand the conversation, then go back, then up or down  to find and open the message of interest.


Thanks,


Merisa Musemic <merisa.musemic@...>
 

I don’t know anything about Thunderbird. But if I were in your situation I would give Microsoft outlook a try. Microsoft outlook based on my experience is very accessible with draws.

On Mar 12, 2019, at 10:13 AM, Sharon Hooley <shooley42@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,


I'd like your input, please. Which email client for windows, would you say, is easiest to tweak in settings and to navigate with the keyboard and let's you go through your messages the quickest? For example, when I've used the Mac, I found it so far to be the fastest, because it would speak the subject header before the sender. Then, if I come to an always collapsed thread, I can simply navigate to the left and hit space bar to expand the conversation, then go back, then up or down to find and open the message of interest.


Thanks,


--
Is it hard to communicate, even with hearing aids? Visit http://www.cochlearamericas.com




Gene
 

You can set e-mail programs to display fields in the order you want.  I've heard some complaints about Thunderbird being slower than people want in opening messages.  But I've heard contradictory comments about slowness so this may occur on some machines and not others.  I can't comment on the Windows Mail App for Windows 10.  I can say that Windows Live Mail is a fast program. 
 
I should also say that Thunderbird has the ability, if you use an add-on, to allow for first letter navigation among folders, such as inbox, sent messages, etc.  You can't do this with Windows Live Mail.  If you only have one account, and don't move among folders a lot, this may not matter.  If you move among folders a lot, it may. 
 
You may want to try different programs to see which you like better. 
 
I consider Windows Live Mail and Thunderbird roughly equivalent but for some people certain features may be wanted or valued more in one program as opposed to the other.
 
Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2019 9:13 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] Best Email Client for Windows?

Hi,


I'd like your input, please.  Which email client for windows, would you
say,  is easiest to tweak in settings and to navigate with the keyboard
and let's you go through your messages the quickest?  For example, when
I've used the Mac, I found it so far to be the fastest, because it would
speak the subject header before the sender.  Then, if I come to an
always collapsed thread, I can simply navigate to the left and hit space
bar to expand the conversation, then go back, then up or down  to find
and open the message of interest.


Thanks,


--
Is it hard to communicate, even with hearing aids?  Visit http://www.cochlearamericas.com




Gene
 

If someone just wants an e-mail program without a lot of extra business oriented features, such as Outlook offers, there is no justifiable reason to pay for an e-mail program.  You have to pay for Outrlook.  Also, I see more complaints from blind users about Outlook than other popular e-mail programs.  The complaints I see  are about minor problems or inconveniences, but I see more concerning Outlook.
 
Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2019 9:45 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Best Email Client for Windows?

I don’t know anything about Thunderbird. But if I were in your situation I would give Microsoft outlook a try. Microsoft outlook based on my experience is very accessible with draws.
> On Mar 12, 2019, at 10:13 AM, Sharon Hooley <shooley42@...> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>
> I'd like your input, please.  Which email client for windows, would you say,  is easiest to tweak in settings and to navigate with the keyboard and let's you go through your messages the quickest?  For example, when I've used the Mac, I found it so far to be the fastest, because it would speak the subject header before the sender.  Then, if I come to an always collapsed thread, I can simply navigate to the left and hit space bar to expand the conversation, then go back, then up or down  to find and open the message of interest.
>
>
> Thanks,
>
>
> --
> Is it hard to communicate, even with hearing aids?  Visit http://www.cochlearamericas.com
>
>
>
>



Gerald Levy
 


Another consideration is that Windows Live Mail 2012 uses the ribbon menu structure that so many people find confusing and confounding, whereas Thunderbird uses the more familiar classic menu structure.  I find that Thunderbird is actually faster than WLM, and messages never become corrupted or impossible to delete as they sometimes did with WLM. Also, to get WLM to work with Windows 10 requires reinstalling it every time there is a major update to Windows 10.  And of course, WLM is no longer supported.  I have heard conflicting opinions about the Mail app built into Windows 10.  Some users report that it is okay, , while others claim that it is quirky. Some people are still using Edora, an old email program that has not been supported since XP, but it is probably best avoided because it may not work , depending on your ISP, especially if you install it from scratch.  So my advice would be to consider Thunderbird as your best choice for Windows 10.  It is free, completely accessible and fully supported.


Gerald



On 3/12/2019 11:38 AM, Gene wrote:
You can set e-mail programs to display fields in the order you want.  I've heard some complaints about Thunderbird being slower than people want in opening messages.  But I've heard contradictory comments about slowness so this may occur on some machines and not others.  I can't comment on the Windows Mail App for Windows 10.  I can say that Windows Live Mail is a fast program. 
 
I should also say that Thunderbird has the ability, if you use an add-on, to allow for first letter navigation among folders, such as inbox, sent messages, etc.  You can't do this with Windows Live Mail.  If you only have one account, and don't move among folders a lot, this may not matter.  If you move among folders a lot, it may. 
 
You may want to try different programs to see which you like better. 
 
I consider Windows Live Mail and Thunderbird roughly equivalent but for some people certain features may be wanted or valued more in one program as opposed to the other.
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2019 9:13 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] Best Email Client for Windows?

Hi,


I'd like your input, please.  Which email client for windows, would you
say,  is easiest to tweak in settings and to navigate with the keyboard
and let's you go through your messages the quickest?  For example, when
I've used the Mac, I found it so far to be the fastest, because it would
speak the subject header before the sender.  Then, if I come to an
always collapsed thread, I can simply navigate to the left and hit space
bar to expand the conversation, then go back, then up or down  to find
and open the message of interest.


Thanks,


--
Is it hard to communicate, even with hearing aids?  Visit http://www.cochlearamericas.com




Gene
 

You have to reinstall Outlook Express.  I haven't heard anywhere that you have to reinstall Windows Live Mail.  and you can use the older menu version of Windows Live Mail, which is a menu program. 
 
Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2019 11:10 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Best Email Client for Windows?


Another consideration is that Windows Live Mail 2012 uses the ribbon menu structure that so many people find confusing and confounding, whereas Thunderbird uses the more familiar classic menu structure.  I find that Thunderbird is actually faster than WLM, and messages never become corrupted or impossible to delete as they sometimes did with WLM. Also, to get WLM to work with Windows 10 requires reinstalling it every time there is a major update to Windows 10.  And of course, WLM is no longer supported.  I have heard conflicting opinions about the Mail app built into Windows 10.  Some users report that it is okay, , while others claim that it is quirky. Some people are still using Edora, an old email program that has not been supported since XP, but it is probably best avoided because it may not work , depending on your ISP, especially if you install it from scratch.  So my advice would be to consider Thunderbird as your best choice for Windows 10.  It is free, completely accessible and fully supported.


Gerald



On 3/12/2019 11:38 AM, Gene wrote:
You can set e-mail programs to display fields in the order you want.  I've heard some complaints about Thunderbird being slower than people want in opening messages.  But I've heard contradictory comments about slowness so this may occur on some machines and not others.  I can't comment on the Windows Mail App for Windows 10.  I can say that Windows Live Mail is a fast program. 
 
I should also say that Thunderbird has the ability, if you use an add-on, to allow for first letter navigation among folders, such as inbox, sent messages, etc.  You can't do this with Windows Live Mail.  If you only have one account, and don't move among folders a lot, this may not matter.  If you move among folders a lot, it may. 
 
You may want to try different programs to see which you like better. 
 
I consider Windows Live Mail and Thunderbird roughly equivalent but for some people certain features may be wanted or valued more in one program as opposed to the other.
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2019 9:13 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] Best Email Client for Windows?

Hi,


I'd like your input, please.  Which email client for windows, would you
say,  is easiest to tweak in settings and to navigate with the keyboard
and let's you go through your messages the quickest?  For example, when
I've used the Mac, I found it so far to be the fastest, because it would
speak the subject header before the sender.  Then, if I come to an
always collapsed thread, I can simply navigate to the left and hit space
bar to expand the conversation, then go back, then up or down  to find
and open the message of interest.


Thanks,


--
Is it hard to communicate, even with hearing aids?  Visit http://www.cochlearamericas.com




iram shabbir
 


in my humble openion outlook express is the best. it is competible even with window 7 as well. but it does not work with window 10. regards

----- Original Message -----
From: Gene
Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2019 8:42 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Best Email Client for Windows?

If someone just wants an e-mail program without a lot of extra business oriented features, such as Outlook offers, there is no justifiable reason to pay for an e-mail program.  You have to pay for Outrlook.  Also, I see more complaints from blind users about Outlook than other popular e-mail programs.  The complaints I see  are about minor problems or inconveniences, but I see more concerning Outlook.
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2019 9:45 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Best Email Client for Windows?

I don’t know anything about Thunderbird. But if I were in your situation I would give Microsoft outlook a try. Microsoft outlook based on my experience is very accessible with draws.
> On Mar 12, 2019, at 10:13 AM, Sharon Hooley <shooley42@...> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>
> I'd like your input, please.  Which email client for windows, would you say,  is easiest to tweak in settings and to navigate with the keyboard and let's you go through your messages the quickest?  For example, when I've used the Mac, I found it so far to be the fastest, because it would speak the subject header before the sender.  Then, if I come to an always collapsed thread, I can simply navigate to the left and hit space bar to expand the conversation, then go back, then up or down  to find and open the message of interest.
>
>
> Thanks,
>
>
> --
> Is it hard to communicate, even with hearing aids?  Visit http://www.cochlearamericas.com
>
>
>
>



Gene
 

It is not compatible in its original state.  You can purchase the ability to run a modified version of the program that will run in Windows 7 or higher, including Windows 10.  A private person modified the program so it would run in versions of Windows higher than XP. 
 
Some people don't have problems running it, some people do.  That's why I don't discuss it much when people ask for recommendations. 
 
Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2019 3:36 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Best Email Client for Windows?

in my humble openion outlook express is the best. it is competible even with window 7 as well. but it does not work with window 10. regards
----- Original Message -----
From: Gene
Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2019 8:42 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Best Email Client for Windows?

If someone just wants an e-mail program without a lot of extra business oriented features, such as Outlook offers, there is no justifiable reason to pay for an e-mail program.  You have to pay for Outrlook.  Also, I see more complaints from blind users about Outlook than other popular e-mail programs.  The complaints I see  are about minor problems or inconveniences, but I see more concerning Outlook.
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2019 9:45 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Best Email Client for Windows?

I don’t know anything about Thunderbird. But if I were in your situation I would give Microsoft outlook a try. Microsoft outlook based on my experience is very accessible with draws.
> On Mar 12, 2019, at 10:13 AM, Sharon Hooley <shooley42@...> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>
> I'd like your input, please.  Which email client for windows, would you say,  is easiest to tweak in settings and to navigate with the keyboard and let's you go through your messages the quickest?  For example, when I've used the Mac, I found it so far to be the fastest, because it would speak the subject header before the sender.  Then, if I come to an always collapsed thread, I can simply navigate to the left and hit space bar to expand the conversation, then go back, then up or down  to find and open the message of interest.
>
>
> Thanks,
>
>
> --
> Is it hard to communicate, even with hearing aids?  Visit http://www.cochlearamericas.com
>
>
>
>



Steve Matzura
 

Thunderbird wins in all categories.

On 3/12/2019 10:13 AM, Sharon Hooley wrote:
Hi,


I'd like your input, please.  Which email client for windows, would you say,  is easiest to tweak in settings and to navigate with the keyboard and let's you go through your messages the quickest?  For example, when I've used the Mac, I found it so far to be the fastest, because it would speak the subject header before the sender.  Then, if I come to an always collapsed thread, I can simply navigate to the left and hit space bar to expand the conversation, then go back, then up or down  to find and open the message of interest.


Thanks,


Jaffar Sidek
 

I second that, but only because to my mind, Thunderbird is the best among the worst.  I have not yet come across any windows mail client which is as good as the native mail client that is on the mac.  It is smooth, fast and downloads mail without any fuss. Perhaps windows' nearest equivalent is the good old versions of Outlook Express, but I can't vouch for that.  Cheers!

On 3/13/2019 7:25 AM, Steve Matzura wrote:
Thunderbird wins in all categories.


On 3/12/2019 10:13 AM, Sharon Hooley wrote:
Hi,


I'd like your input, please.  Which email client for windows, would you say,  is easiest to tweak in settings and to navigate with the keyboard and let's you go through your messages the quickest?  For example, when I've used the Mac, I found it so far to be the fastest, because it would speak the subject header before the sender.  Then, if I come to an always collapsed thread, I can simply navigate to the left and hit space bar to expand the conversation, then go back, then up or down  to find and open the message of interest.


Thanks,


Curtis Delzer
 

only thing t-bird is make sounds for different accounts and / or messages. Becky! mail can do that and is very good in many respects as well.

On 3/12/2019 4:25 PM, Steve Matzura wrote:
Thunderbird wins in all categories.


On 3/12/2019 10:13 AM, Sharon Hooley wrote:
Hi,


I'd like your input, please.  Which email client for windows, would you say,  is easiest to tweak in settings and to navigate with the keyboard and let's you go through your messages the quickest?  For example, when I've used the Mac, I found it so far to be the fastest, because it would speak the subject header before the sender.  Then, if I come to an always collapsed thread, I can simply navigate to the left and hit space bar to expand the conversation, then go back, then up or down  to find and open the message of interest.


Thanks,
--


Curtis Delzer
HS
W B 6 H E F
Rialto, CA


Pamela Dominguez
 

You really mean jaws, don't you? Pam.

-----Original Message-----
From: Merisa Musemic
Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2019 10:45 AM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Best Email Client for Windows?

I don’t know anything about Thunderbird. But if I were in your situation I would give Microsoft outlook a try. Microsoft outlook based on my experience is very accessible with draws.
On Mar 12, 2019, at 10:13 AM, Sharon Hooley <shooley42@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,


I'd like your input, please. Which email client for windows, would you say, is easiest to tweak in settings and to navigate with the keyboard and let's you go through your messages the quickest? For example, when I've used the Mac, I found it so far to be the fastest, because it would speak the subject header before the sender. Then, if I come to an always collapsed thread, I can simply navigate to the left and hit space bar to expand the conversation, then go back, then up or down to find and open the message of interest.


Thanks,


--
Is it hard to communicate, even with hearing aids? Visit http://www.cochlearamericas.com




Pamela Dominguez
 

I agree with you about outlook express being the best; but I haven’t used it since xp.  I think that old phrase:  “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” should apply.  But Microsoft always has to tinker, and break things that aren’t, or do away with things that were fine.  I haven’t installed any of the newer versions that were made.  Pam.
 

Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2019 4:36 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Best Email Client for Windows?
 
in my humble openion outlook express is the best. it is competible even with window 7 as well. but it does not work with window 10. regards
----- Original Message -----
From: Gene
Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2019 8:42 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Best Email Client for Windows?
 
If someone just wants an e-mail program without a lot of extra business oriented features, such as Outlook offers, there is no justifiable reason to pay for an e-mail program.  You have to pay for Outrlook.  Also, I see more complaints from blind users about Outlook than other popular e-mail programs.  The complaints I see  are about minor problems or inconveniences, but I see more concerning Outlook.
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2019 9:45 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Best Email Client for Windows?
 
I don’t know anything about Thunderbird. But if I were in your situation I would give Microsoft outlook a try. Microsoft outlook based on my experience is very accessible with draws.
> On Mar 12, 2019, at 10:13 AM, Sharon Hooley <shooley42@...> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>
> I'd like your input, please.  Which email client for windows, would you say,  is easiest to tweak in settings and to navigate with the keyboard and let's you go through your messages the quickest?  For example, when I've used the Mac, I found it so far to be the fastest, because it would speak the subject header before the sender.  Then, if I come to an always collapsed thread, I can simply navigate to the left and hit space bar to expand the conversation, then go back, then up or down  to find and open the message of interest.
>
>
> Thanks,
>
>
> --
> Is it hard to communicate, even with hearing aids?  Visit http://www.cochlearamericas.com
>
>
>
>



Sharon S
 

Hi, I have been able to run a version of outlook express on my windows 10 machine for awhile now. The version I have I didn’t have to pay for it. I originally looked at the paid version but then I found the free one so decided to give that a go. Outlook express isn’t my main email program I mainly use Outlook.

 

The reason I wanted to also have outlook express is because it allows multiple identities so I can have different address books. I send out messages regularly to a group of people, but I don’t want to put their addresses in my normal address book, or I might send them something else by mistake. So, outlook express allows me to keep the group separate from my normal addresses.

 

Also, for some reason I couldn’t get one of my email accounts to work with Outlook even when I typed all the information in myself however with outlook express I was able to set it up in no time at all.

 

I keep a copy of my messages on the server until I delete them from deleted items so if the program disappears after a windows update then I won’t lose any messages.

 

Bye for now.

From Shaz.

Canberra, Australia.

 

 

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Wednesday, March 13, 2019 8:09 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Best Email Client for Windows?

 

It is not compatible in its original state.  You can purchase the ability to run a modified version of the program that will run in Windows 7 or higher, including Windows 10.  A private person modified the program so it would run in versions of Windows higher than XP. 

 

Some people don't have problems running it, some people do.  That's why I don't discuss it much when people ask for recommendations. 

 

Gene

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2019 3:36 PM

Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Best Email Client for Windows?

 

in my humble openion outlook express is the best. it is competible even with window 7 as well. but it does not work with window 10. regards

----- Original Message -----

From: Gene

Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2019 8:42 PM

Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Best Email Client for Windows?

 

If someone just wants an e-mail program without a lot of extra business oriented features, such as Outlook offers, there is no justifiable reason to pay for an e-mail program.  You have to pay for Outrlook.  Also, I see more complaints from blind users about Outlook than other popular e-mail programs.  The complaints I see  are about minor problems or inconveniences, but I see more concerning Outlook.

 

Gene

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2019 9:45 AM

Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Best Email Client for Windows?

 

I don’t know anything about Thunderbird. But if I were in your situation I would give Microsoft outlook a try. Microsoft outlook based on my experience is very accessible with draws.
> On Mar 12, 2019, at 10:13 AM, Sharon Hooley <shooley42@...> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>
> I'd like your input, please.  Which email client for windows, would you say,  is easiest to tweak in settings and to navigate with the keyboard and let's you go through your messages the quickest?  For example, when I've used the Mac, I found it so far to be the fastest, because it would speak the subject header before the sender.  Then, if I come to an always collapsed thread, I can simply navigate to the left and hit space bar to expand the conversation, then go back, then up or down  to find and open the message of interest.
>
>
> Thanks,
>
>
> --
> Is it hard to communicate, even with hearing aids?  Visit http://www.cochlearamericas.com
>
>
>
>


Loy <loyrg2845@...>
 


I am using Outlook Express runasXp version the only problem with it is you have to reinstall it after each major windows 10 upgrade, but to me it is worth doing that.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, March 13, 2019 10:51 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Best Email Client for Windows?

I agree with you about outlook express being the best; but I haven’t used it since xp.  I think that old phrase:  “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” should apply.  But Microsoft always has to tinker, and break things that aren’t, or do away with things that were fine.  I haven’t installed any of the newer versions that were made.  Pam.
 
Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2019 4:36 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Best Email Client for Windows?
 
in my humble openion outlook express is the best. it is competible even with window 7 as well. but it does not work with window 10. regards
----- Original Message -----
From: Gene
Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2019 8:42 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Best Email Client for Windows?
 
If someone just wants an e-mail program without a lot of extra business oriented features, such as Outlook offers, there is no justifiable reason to pay for an e-mail program.  You have to pay for Outrlook.  Also, I see more complaints from blind users about Outlook than other popular e-mail programs.  The complaints I see  are about minor problems or inconveniences, but I see more concerning Outlook.
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2019 9:45 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Best Email Client for Windows?
 
I don’t know anything about Thunderbird. But if I were in your situation I would give Microsoft outlook a try. Microsoft outlook based on my experience is very accessible with draws.
> On Mar 12, 2019, at 10:13 AM, Sharon Hooley <shooley42@...> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>
> I'd like your input, please.  Which email client for windows, would you say,  is easiest to tweak in settings and to navigate with the keyboard and let's you go through your messages the quickest?  For example, when I've used the Mac, I found it so far to be the fastest, because it would speak the subject header before the sender.  Then, if I come to an always collapsed thread, I can simply navigate to the left and hit space bar to expand the conversation, then go back, then up or down  to find and open the message of interest.
>
>
> Thanks,
>
>
> --
> Is it hard to communicate, even with hearing aids?  Visit http://www.cochlearamericas.com
>
>
>
>



Gene
 

Older versions of the modified program can be run for free.  Awhile ago, maybe a year and a half or two years, the person who modified the program started charging for updated versions, which have bug fixes and, perhaps, new features for smoother setup and operation.
 
Gene

----- Original Message -----
From: Sharon S
Sent: Wednesday, March 13, 2019 10:30 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Best Email Client for Windows?

Hi, I have been able to run a version of outlook express on my windows 10 machine for awhile now. The version I have I didn’t have to pay for it. I originally looked at the paid version but then I found the free one so decided to give that a go. Outlook express isn’t my main email program I mainly use Outlook.

 

The reason I wanted to also have outlook express is because it allows multiple identities so I can have different address books. I send out messages regularly to a group of people, but I don’t want to put their addresses in my normal address book, or I might send them something else by mistake. So, outlook express allows me to keep the group separate from my normal addresses.

 

Also, for some reason I couldn’t get one of my email accounts to work with Outlook even when I typed all the information in myself however with outlook express I was able to set it up in no time at all.

 

I keep a copy of my messages on the server until I delete them from deleted items so if the program disappears after a windows update then I won’t lose any messages.

 

Bye for now.

From Shaz.

Canberra, Australia.

 

 

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Wednesday, March 13, 2019 8:09 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Best Email Client for Windows?

 

It is not compatible in its original state.  You can purchase the ability to run a modified version of the program that will run in Windows 7 or higher, including Windows 10.  A private person modified the program so it would run in versions of Windows higher than XP. 

 

Some people don't have problems running it, some people do.  That's why I don't discuss it much when people ask for recommendations. 

 

Gene

----- Original Message -----

From: iram shabbir

Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2019 3:36 PM

Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Best Email Client for Windows?

 

in my humble openion outlook express is the best. it is competible even with window 7 as well. but it does not work with window 10. regards

----- Original Message -----

From: Gene

Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2019 8:42 PM

Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Best Email Client for Windows?

 

If someone just wants an e-mail program without a lot of extra business oriented features, such as Outlook offers, there is no justifiable reason to pay for an e-mail program.  You have to pay for Outrlook.  Also, I see more complaints from blind users about Outlook than other popular e-mail programs.  The complaints I see  are about minor problems or inconveniences, but I see more concerning Outlook.

 

Gene

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2019 9:45 AM

Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Best Email Client for Windows?

 

I don’t know anything about Thunderbird. But if I were in your situation I would give Microsoft outlook a try. Microsoft outlook based on my experience is very accessible with draws.
> On Mar 12, 2019, at 10:13 AM, Sharon Hooley <shooley42@...> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>
> I'd like your input, please.  Which email client for windows, would you say,  is easiest to tweak in settings and to navigate with the keyboard and let's you go through your messages the quickest?  For example, when I've used the Mac, I found it so far to be the fastest, because it would speak the subject header before the sender.  Then, if I come to an always collapsed thread, I can simply navigate to the left and hit space bar to expand the conversation, then go back, then up or down  to find and open the message of interest.
>
>
> Thanks,
>
>
> --
> Is it hard to communicate, even with hearing aids?  Visit http://www.cochlearamericas.com
>
>
>
>


Gene
 

There is some sort of backup utility that, as I recall, you can purchase from the person who sells access to the modified program that will restore everything after a major Windows update.  Others may know more.
 
Gene

----- Original Message -----
From: Loy
Sent: Wednesday, March 13, 2019 10:35 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Best Email Client for Windows?

I am using Outlook Express runasXp version the only problem with it is you have to reinstall it after each major windows 10 upgrade, but to me it is worth doing that.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, March 13, 2019 10:51 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Best Email Client for Windows?

I agree with you about outlook express being the best; but I haven’t used it since xp.  I think that old phrase:  “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” should apply.  But Microsoft always has to tinker, and break things that aren’t, or do away with things that were fine.  I haven’t installed any of the newer versions that were made.  Pam.
 
Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2019 4:36 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Best Email Client for Windows?
 
in my humble openion outlook express is the best. it is competible even with window 7 as well. but it does not work with window 10. regards
----- Original Message -----
From: Gene
Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2019 8:42 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Best Email Client for Windows?
 
If someone just wants an e-mail program without a lot of extra business oriented features, such as Outlook offers, there is no justifiable reason to pay for an e-mail program.  You have to pay for Outrlook.  Also, I see more complaints from blind users about Outlook than other popular e-mail programs.  The complaints I see  are about minor problems or inconveniences, but I see more concerning Outlook.
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2019 9:45 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Best Email Client for Windows?
 
I don’t know anything about Thunderbird. But if I were in your situation I would give Microsoft outlook a try. Microsoft outlook based on my experience is very accessible with draws.
> On Mar 12, 2019, at 10:13 AM, Sharon Hooley <shooley42@...> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>
> I'd like your input, please.  Which email client for windows, would you say,  is easiest to tweak in settings and to navigate with the keyboard and let's you go through your messages the quickest?  For example, when I've used the Mac, I found it so far to be the fastest, because it would speak the subject header before the sender.  Then, if I come to an always collapsed thread, I can simply navigate to the left and hit space bar to expand the conversation, then go back, then up or down  to find and open the message of interest.
>
>
> Thanks,
>
>
> --
> Is it hard to communicate, even with hearing aids?  Visit http://www.cochlearamericas.com
>
>
>
>



Abbie Taylor
 

I've been using Thunderbird, but I agree that it's a bit sluggish, especially when first opening. Because I was having some issues with Word 2013, I decided to try Office 365, which contains Outlook. I've discovered that I like Outlook better than Thunderbird. Once it opens, I don't have to press F6 umpteen million times in order to get to my in box. It's a pain in the anatomy to set up with a gmail account, but it works pretty well otherwise. The ribbons aren't as confusing once you figure out how to navigate them, and the spell checker is much easier to use than that of Thunderbird. NVDA doesn't speak auto-complete results in message fields, but I've found a way to work around this. The only thing I don't like about it is that there seems to be no way to view an alphabetical list of your contacts, but that outweighs the benefits. 

I'm also enjoying the latest version of Word, so the $99.00 yearly subscription fee, in my opinion, is a worthwhile investment. However, if you don't need Word, you might be able to get just Outlook, for a price of course. Whatever you do, though, don't mess with the Windows Mail app. It's for the birds.


 

Agreed. As I'm used to say, Thunderbird rocks all the way!

Cheers,
Marcio AKA Starboy
Follow or add me on Facebook

Em 12/03/2019 20:25, Steve Matzura escreveu:

Thunderbird wins in all categories.


On 3/12/2019 10:13 AM, Sharon Hooley wrote:
Hi,


I'd like your input, please.  Which email client for windows, would you say,  is easiest to tweak in settings and to navigate with the keyboard and let's you go through your messages the quickest?  For example, when I've used the Mac, I found it so far to be the fastest, because it would speak the subject header before the sender.  Then, if I come to an always collapsed thread, I can simply navigate to the left and hit space bar to expand the conversation, then go back, then up or down  to find and open the message of interest.


Thanks,