From: Donald L. Roberts [mailto:donald.roberts99@...]
Sent: December-28-15 5:49 PM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] A General window-eyes question

My windows 10 desktop will no longer boot. My son-in-law tells me that
when we attempt to boot the machine, the monitor shows "no signal."
Therefore, he feels that the most likely culprit is the video card.

I have Window-eyes 9.3.1 set to start automatically when the system
boots which prompts probably a stupid question, but we are all aware of
the dangers of assuming. The question is this: When Window-eyes is
running, can the sighted user click the mouse and move it in the same
way as if there were no screen reader running? I ask because I want to
be sure that the tech will have no problem shutting down Window-eyes.

Thanks for feedback.

Don Roberts

Donald L. Roberts

Monty, it is an onboard video card.

Don Roberts

On 12/28/2015 4:11 PM, Monte Single wrote:
Do you have a separate video card? Or is it a video imput built into the main?mother board?
Have you checked the connections between the p c and the monitor?

My windows 10 desktop will no longer boot. My son-in-law tells me that
when we attempt to boot the machine, the monitor shows "no signal."
Therefore, he feels that the most likely culprit is the video card.

I have Window-eyes 9.3.1 set to start automatically when the system
boots which prompts probably a stupid question, but we are all aware of
the dangers of assuming. The question is this: When Window-eyes is
running, can the sighted user click the mouse and move it in the same
way as if there were no screen reader running? I ask because I want to
be sure that the tech will have no problem shutting down Window-eyes.

Thanks for feedback.

Don Roberts

Carlos

I don't use Window Eyes at the moment myself, but generally the mouse should work normally even when a screen reader is running.

[...]

Ann Parsons <akp@...>

Hi all,

Just have your techie wait till the machine boots and Window-Eyes comes up. Then direct him to the control panel of WE with ctrl-backslash. He can shut it off in the file menu either with the mouse or the keyboard.

When he's done futzing around, just do a ctrl-alt-w and you're back in business.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."

Blaster

since your question was focused on window eyes I won't stray too far
off topic.

When diagnosing a system failure the first thing to think of is "what
happened last." For example, did you recently install any apps? Were
there any updates to windows? Did you have a lightening storm or power
outage?
Any info you can give your tech will help.

Also, You could try to unplug everything except the keyboard, speakers
and monitor.
Try to boot and see if anything happens.

Good luck,
Blaster

On 12/28/15, Donald L. Roberts <donald.roberts99@...> wrote:
My windows 10 desktop will no longer boot. My son-in-law tells me that
when we attempt to boot the machine, the monitor shows "no signal."
Therefore, he feels that the most likely culprit is the video card.

I have Window-eyes 9.3.1 set to start automatically when the system
boots which prompts probably a stupid question, but we are all aware of
the dangers of assuming. The question is this: When Window-eyes is
running, can the sighted user click the mouse and move it in the same
way as if there were no screen reader running? I ask because I want to
be sure that the tech will have no problem shutting down Window-eyes.

Thanks for feedback.

Don Roberts

Thomas N. Chan

If the fault lies on the the graphic interface of the motherboard, the board itself would have beep in certain ways to tell you, the fault its there.
No signal on the monitor could be, the cable its lose from the graphic card port to the monitor, even the monitor itself rather than the graphic card itself.
The motherboard would need 3 things to classified as booting fine, the CPU, the ram and the graphic card.
No monitor, no harddrive no optical drive would still boot fine, just that it will not boot to anywhere and not show you anything.

--------------------
regards
Thomas N. Chan

Do you have a separate video card? Or is it a video imput built into the main?mother board?
Have you checked the connections between the p c and the monitor?

My windows 10 desktop will no longer boot. My son-in-law tells me that
when we attempt to boot the machine, the monitor shows "no signal."
Therefore, he feels that the most likely culprit is the video card.

I have Window-eyes 9.3.1 set to start automatically when the system
boots which prompts probably a stupid question, but we are all aware of
the dangers of assuming. The question is this: When Window-eyes is
running, can the sighted user click the mouse and move it in the same
way as if there were no screen reader running? I ask because I want to
be sure that the tech will have no problem shutting down Window-eyes.

Thanks for feedback.

Don Roberts

Amy Gordon

Can someone send me the link to get free window eyes with microsoft
office? Thanks

On 12/29/15, Thomas N. Chan <thomas.nchan@...> wrote:
[...]

Will I have to remove my window eyes I currently have to download the
free version?

http://www.windoweyesforoffice.com/

My windows 10 desktop will no longer boot. My son-in-law tells me that
when we attempt to boot the machine, the monitor shows "no signal."
Therefore, he feels that the most likely culprit is the video card.

I have Window-eyes 9.3.1 set to start automatically when the system
boots which prompts probably a stupid question, but we are all aware of
the dangers of assuming. The question is this: When Window-eyes is
running, can the sighted user click the mouse and move it in the same
way as if there were no screen reader running? I ask because I want to
be sure that the tech will have no problem shutting down Window-eyes.

Thanks for feedback.

Don Roberts

Loy <loyrg2845@...>

You will have to uninstall your current version before installing.

My windows 10 desktop will no longer boot. My son-in-law tells me that
when we attempt to boot the machine, the monitor shows "no signal."
Therefore, he feels that the most likely culprit is the video card.

I have Window-eyes 9.3.1 set to start automatically when the system
boots which prompts probably a stupid question, but we are all aware of
the dangers of assuming. The question is this: When Window-eyes is
running, can the sighted user click the mouse and move it in the same
way as if there were no screen reader running? I ask because I want to
be sure that the tech will have no problem shutting down Window-eyes.

Thanks for feedback.

Don Roberts

Danny Park

If you upgraded from Win 7 to 10 then you need to reinstall WE for the video drivers.

Danny