Facebook question

Shelly Kane

Hi Group:

I have a question about Facebook.  How do you block someone but not totally block them?  I heard that you can block what they see of your status but you can still see what they are posting?  They will also know that they are still your friend and they don't know they can't see any posts.  They will think that I'm just not posting.  Thanks in advance to all who respond.

Shelly

Hi,
You can choose who will see (or not see) your post, by going to the privacy, just below the edit field where you write your post.
For what you are intending, you'll need of a privacy level called "friends, except...", which will do just it.
When you select this privacy level, you'll need to enter the name(s) that you want to be on your "blacklist". They then will still be your friends but won't see what you're posting.

If you need more help with it, please ask :)

Cheers,
Marcio AKA Starboy
Follow or add me on Facebook

Em 25/03/2019 03:18, Shelly Kane disse:

            Hi Group:

I have a question about Facebook.  How do you block someone but not totally block them?  I heard that you can block what they see of your status but you can still see what they are posting?  They will also know that they are still your friend and they don't know they can't see any posts.  They will think that I'm just not posting.  Thanks in advance to all who respond.

Shelly

Donna

You can unfollow each person you don’t want to see your posts.

Donna

Hi Group:

I have a question about Facebook. How do you block someone but not totally block them? I heard that you can block what they see of your status but you can still see what they are posting? They will also know that they are still your friend and they don't know they can't see any posts. They will think that I'm just not posting. Thanks in advance to all who respond.

Shelly

Shelly Kane

Donna:

When you unfollow someone, you don't see their posts anymore. That won't work for me to unfollow them because I still want to see their posts but don't want to see mine.

Shelly

On 3/25/2019 9:49 AM, Donna wrote:
You can unfollow each person you don’t want to see your posts.

Donna
Hi Group:

I have a question about Facebook. How do you block someone but not totally block them? I heard that you can block what they see of your status but you can still see what they are posting? They will also know that they are still your friend and they don't know they can't see any posts. They will think that I'm just not posting. Thanks in advance to all who respond.

Shelly

Actually, unfollowing a person will just make you unable to see what they are posting.
So in order to reach the desired result here, the person in question, the one who shouldn't see what the other person is posting, is the only one who should unfollow the poster.
Perhaps it doesn't make as much sense as I'd like but that's ok :)
In short, unfollowing anyone will do nothing but letting you without seeing what that person is posting, they will keep seeing what you are posting.

Cheers,
Marcio AKA Starboy
Follow or add me on Facebook

Em 25/03/2019 10:49, Donna disse:

You can unfollow each person you don’t want to see your posts.

Donna
            Hi Group:

I have a question about Facebook.  How do you block someone but not totally block them?  I heard that you can block what they see of your status but you can still see what they are posting?  They will also know that they are still your friend and they don't know they can't see any posts.  They will think that I'm just not posting.  Thanks in advance to all who respond.

Shelly

There is also an option on Facebook if you swipe up once two more that will let you snooze a person for 30 days.

Ashley Breger

On Mar 26, 2019, at 1:09 AM, marcio via Groups.Io <marcinhorj21@...> wrote:

[...]

It's true, that's also an interesting option, especially if you don't want to definitely stop seeing person's posts but just "give it a break"..

Cheers,
Marcio AKA Starboy
Follow or add me on Facebook

Em 26/03/2019 06:33, Ashley Breger via Groups.Io disse: