From: Flor Lynch <florlync@iol.ie>
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Date: Wednesday, December 30, 2015 9:26 pm
Subject: [TechTalk] What's a cord with 3.5-inch jack plugs at both ends, called?

Hi,

Yep. That's my question. What's a cord with a 3.5-inch jack plug at each end, called? (Someone who apparently doesn't have one, wants one.) Thanks.
Sent from a Braille Sense

Flor Lynch

Surely not. How about XX or YY cable, something like that? Let's say you want to connect the mic socket of a small recording device to the headphone socket of a radio or other playing device. (I'm too far away from the user.)

Yep. That's my question. What's a cord with a 3.5-inch jack plug at each end, called? (Someone who apparently doesn't have one, wants one.) Thanks.
Sent from a Braille Sense

Flor Lynch

Oh, you probably meant 'line-in' cable. But that could be of different types, I would think.

Yep. That's my question. What's a cord with a 3.5-inch jack plug at each end, called? (Someone who apparently doesn't have one, wants one.) Thanks.
Sent from a Braille Sense

Rajmund <brajmund2000@...>

Hello,
Not sure, but the FIMS devices refer to that as line in mode, and they refer to a plug plugged into both ports, and recording that way. However, as I said, I could be wrong.

Sent from an iPad

-----Original Message----- From: Rajmund
Sent: Wednesday, December 30, 2015 9:28 PM
To: TechTalk@groups.io

Hello,
I'll guess. Lining cable?

Yep. That's my question. What's a cord with a 3.5-inch jack plug at each end, called? (Someone who apparently doesn't have one, wants one.) Thanks.
Sent from a Braille Sense

Rajmund <brajmund2000@...>

well, line in cable. It's the thing, that takes both the headphone, and external microphone ports.

Sent from an iPad

Sent: Wednesday, December 30, 2015 9:28 PM
To: TechTalk@groups.io

Hello,
I'll guess. Lining cable?

Yep. That's my question. What's a cord with a 3.5-inch jack plug at each end, called? (Someone who apparently doesn't have one, wants one.) Thanks.
Sent from a Braille Sense

Flor Lynch

I'll go with that, so.
(I'm not giving my cable away, <LOL.)

Sent: Wednesday, December 30, 2015 9:28 PM
To: TechTalk@groups.io

Hello,
I'll guess. Lining cable?

Yep. That's my question. What's a cord with a 3.5-inch jack plug at each end, called? (Someone who apparently doesn't have one, wants one.) Thanks.
Sent from a Braille Sense

Nimer Jaber

How about a 3.5-inch male-to-male audio cable? Putting that into Amazon pops up the right thing...

Sent: Wednesday, December 30, 2015 9:28 PM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
ends, called?

Hello,
I'll guess. Lining cable?

Yep. That's my question. What's a cord with a 3.5-inch jack plug at
each end, called? (Someone who apparently doesn't have one, wants
one.) Thanks.
Sent from a Braille Sense

Jim Wohlgamuth

Hi there Guys!
Not certain of just what they might be called now, but when I was a teenager I believe we called them 'patch cords'.  The plugs were known as, the standard headphone, the miniplug and the sub-miniplug.  They also came in to types, sterrio and monos.  Hope I spelled everything correctly? Thanks and Have A Great Day! de
Jim.

On 30-Dec-15 16:25, Flor Lynch wrote:
Hi,

Yep. That’s my question. What's a cord with a 3.5-inch jack plug at each end, called? (Someone who apparently doesn’t have one, wants one.) Thanks.

Flor Lynch

Goop. I'm referring the user to that. TY.

Sent: Wednesday, December 30, 2015 9:28 PM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
ends, called?

Hello,
I'll guess. Lining cable?

Yep. That's my question. What's a cord with a 3.5-inch jack plug at
each end, called? (Someone who apparently doesn't have one, wants
one.) Thanks.
Sent from a Braille Sense

Flor Lynch

Hi.
Yeah. I’ve heard it referred to as a patch cord before. But I’d forgotten the term!

Sent: Wednesday, December 30, 2015 9:53 PM
Hi there Guys!
Not certain of just what they might be called now, but when I was a teenager I believe we called them 'patch cords'.  The plugs were known as, the standard headphone, the miniplug and the sub-miniplug.  They also came in to types, sterrio and monos.  Hope I spelled everything correctly? Thanks and Have A Great Day! de
Jim.

On 30-Dec-15 16:25, Flor Lynch wrote:
Hi,

Yep. That’s my question. What's a cord with a 3.5-inch jack plug at each end, called? (Someone who apparently doesn’t have one, wants one.) Thanks.

Carolyn Arnold

I believe it is called a master-slave cable.Although in my Logitech headset, it is just a cord. My husband and I really like it, because it will pull out rather than be strained.

Bye for now,

Carolyn

From: Flor Lynch <florlync@iol.ie>
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Date: Wednesday, December 30, 2015 9:26 pm
Subject: [TechTalk] What's a cord with 3.5-inch jack plugs at both ends,
called?

Hi,

Yep. That's my question. What's a cord with a 3.5-inch jack plug at
each end, called? (Someone who apparently doesn't have one, wants one.)
Thanks.
Sent from a Braille Sense

Carolyn Arnold

Oh, I wouldn't dare think of giving one away!

Bye for now,

Carolyn

Sent: Wednesday, December 30, 2015 9:28 PM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
ends, called?

Hello,
I'll guess. Lining cable?

Yep. That's my question. What's a cord with a 3.5-inch jack plug at
each
end, called? (Someone who apparently doesn't have one, wants one.)
Thanks.
Sent from a Braille Sense

Carolyn Arnold

Oh yes. Patch cords were what they were called back with the cassette recorders.

Bye for now,

Carolyn

Not certain of just what they might be called now, but when I was a teenager I believe we called them 'patch cords'. The plugs were known as, the standard headphone, the miniplug and the sub-miniplug. They also came in to types, sterrio and monos. Hope I spelled everything correctly? Thanks and Have A Great Day! de Jim.

On 30-Dec-15 16:25, Flor Lynch wrote:

Hi,

Yep. That’s my question. What's a cord with a 3.5-inch jack plug at each end, called? (Someone who apparently doesn’t have one, wants one.) Thanks.

ratshtron <northstar1950@...>

hmmm, that cable can be found at walmart. they come in 3 4 and 6 foot sizes and the actual jack is 3/8 (3 eighths) inch plug and is a stereo patch cable that can be used as a cable from the output of a computer to the input of a digital recorder in to the mic plug in. i have one that i connect from my double talk speech synthesizer to a headphone set that has a 3/8 plug input jack and works quite well. when the cable get worn and starts shorting out, i simply replace the cable and i am good to go again without having to purchase a new set of headphones.

Legend has it that on Wednesday 12/30/2015 03:25 PM, Flor Lynch said:

Yep. That’s my question. What's a cord with a 3.5-inch jack plug at each end, called? (Someone who apparently doesn’t have one, wants one.) Thanks.

<http://www.sendspace.com/folder/i7xwg4>;Click here to check out my sendspace offerings!

Pamela Dominguez

It’s not 3.5-inch.  It’s 3.5 milimeter, and it’s a plug, not a jack.  You just ask for a cable with a 3.5mm plug on each end.  It’s not called anything special.  You just ask for it by the size and type of plug you want on each end.  You can ask for it like this: a cable with a male 3.5mm on each end, to make sure you have said the correct thing, since people seem to get plugs and jacks mixed up.  The plug is a male end, and the jack is a female end.  In this case, you need two male ends.  Pam.

Yep. That’s my question. What's a cord with a 3.5-inch jack plug at each end, called? (Someone who apparently doesn’t have one, wants one.) Thanks.

No virus found in this message.

Pamela Dominguez

People also refer to them as patch cords. But you still have to refer to the size of the plug and/or the length of the cable. Pam.

-----
No virus found in this message.

Pamela Dominguez

Yes, even if you say line-in cable, you still have to refer to what you want on the ends, what type of plug. Pam.

Oh, you probably meant 'line-in' cable. But that could be of different
types, I would think.

Yep. That's my question. What's a cord with a 3.5-inch jack plug at each end, called? (Someone who apparently doesn't have one, wants one.) Thanks.
Sent from a Braille Sense

-----
No virus found in this message.

Pamela Dominguez

No, line-in mode is correct. You certainly don't want to use the microphone mode. That would be the wrong impedence. Pam.

Sent: Wednesday, December 30, 2015 9:28 PM
To: TechTalk@groups.io

Hello,
I'll guess. Lining cable?