Free Version of Switch.

Janet

Hi all,
Does anyone know where I can get a free version of Switch program? I downloaded one, but it wants me to pay for it, and I don't even know if it will work on Windows 7. I haven't used the program in several years though, so I'm not sure if it will work on Windows 7. If someone could also give me step by step instructions I would greatly appreciate it.
Thank you all in advance.
Janet

Peace Be With You.

I have this program and it also wants me to pay for it, however I assume you can use it in demo mode?

Cheers,
Marcio AKA Starboy

Sent from a galaxy far, far away.

Follow or add me on Facebook

Em 21/04/2019 19:20, janet gross disse:

Hi all,
Does anyone know where I can get a free version of Switch program? I downloaded one, but it wants me to pay for it, and I don't even know if it will work on Windows 7.  I haven't used the program in several years though, so I'm not sure if it will work on Windows 7.  If someone could also give me step by step instructions I would greatly appreciate it.
Thank you all in advance.
Janet

Peace Be With You.

Janet

Hi Marcio,

No it won’t let me use it at all.  It says I’ve used up my trial time, but I just downloaded it.

Janet

I have this program and it also wants me to pay for it, however I assume you can use it in demo mode?

Cheers,
Marcio

AKA Starboy

Sent from a galaxy far, far away.

Follow or add me on Facebook

Em 21/04/2019 19:20, janet gross disse:

Hi all,
Does anyone know where I can get a free version of Switch program? I downloaded one, but it wants me to pay for it, and I don't even know if it will work on Windows 7.  I haven't used the program in several years though, so I'm not sure if it will work on Windows 7.  If someone could also give me step by step instructions I would greatly appreciate it.
Thank you all in advance.
Janet

Peace Be With You.

Monte Single

I/ve never heard of a free versin of swich.

Does anyone know where I can get a free version of Switch program? I
downloaded one, but it wants me to pay for it, and I don't even know if it
will work on Windows 7. I haven't used the program in several years though,
so I'm not sure if it will work on Windows 7. If someone could also give me
step by step instructions I would greatly appreciate it.
Thank you all in advance.
Janet

Peace Be With You.

Janet

HI,
I used a free version of Switch for several years some years ago though.
Janet

I/ve never heard of a free versin of swich.

Does anyone know where I can get a free version of Switch program? I
downloaded one, but it wants me to pay for it, and I don't even know if it
will work on Windows 7. I haven't used the program in several years though,
so I'm not sure if it will work on Windows 7. If someone could also give me
step by step instructions I would greatly appreciate it.
Thank you all in advance.
Janet

Peace Be With You.

Mike B <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Janet,

I did a search using, free version of Swich download, and came up with the following:

A free version of Switch is available for non-commercial use. The free audio converter does not expire and includes most common audio file formats. Download ...Use the link below to get the download.

Sent: Sunday, April 21, 2019 4:09 PM

HI,
I used a free version of Switch for several years some years ago though.
Janet

I/ve never heard of a free versin of swich.

Does anyone know where I can get a free version of Switch program? I
downloaded one, but it wants me to pay for it, and I don't even know if it
will work on Windows 7.  I haven't used the program in several years though,
so I'm not sure if it will work on Windows 7.  If someone could also give me
step by step instructions I would greatly appreciate it.
Thank you all in advance.
Janet

Peace Be With You.

Janet

Hi Mike,

Thank you for this, but this is the exact web site where I downloaded Switch, but I just noticed the Switch program I downloaded says Switch set up once it is on my pc though, so is there a difference?  Now I see Switch  Download Switch MP3 File Converter for Windows

Janet

I did a search using, free version of Switch download, and came up with the following:

A free version of Switch is available for non-commercial use. The free audio converter does not expire and includes most common audio file formats. Download ...Use the link below to get the download.

I used a free version of Switch for several years some years ago though.
Janet

I/ve never heard of a free versin of swich.

Does anyone know where I can get a free version of Switch program? I
downloaded one, but it wants me to pay for it, and I don't even know if it
will work on Windows 7.  I haven't used the program in several years though,
so I'm not sure if it will work on Windows 7.  If someone could also give me
step by step instructions I would greatly appreciate it.
Thank you all in advance.
Janet

Peace Be With You.

Richard Sherman

HI,

Just switched from a win 7 system to win 10. Had free version back then. Not sure what version it was. Looking I se I have version 1.3 or v 2.01 downloaded files. Lets just say they do not run on win 10.

So thanks to Mike I downloaded from the link he provided. It downloaded v 7.11. installed just fine. Have not had for 2 weeks nor tested it. but it did seem to be just like I knew it. got no message about purchasing it.

Thanks mike for getting that. Appreciated.

Shermanator

Sent: Sunday, April 21, 2019 4:09 PM

HI,
I used a free version of Switch for several years some years ago though.
Janet

I/ve never heard of a free versin of swich.

Does anyone know where I can get a free version of Switch program? I
downloaded one, but it wants me to pay for it, and I don't even know if it
will work on Windows 7.  I haven't used the program in several years though,
so I'm not sure if it will work on Windows 7.  If someone could also give me
step by step instructions I would greatly appreciate it.
Thank you all in advance.
Janet

Janet

Hi Shermanator,

Can you tell me how you installed it? I had no problem downloading it, but as soon as I unzipped and opened it it to convert, is when I got the message to buy before I can convert, and it also said my trial was up, but I just downloaded it.

Thank you.

Janet

[...]

I would try installing the Switch MP3 converter for windows.  I wish I could advise on what to do but, I have a paid for licensed version so I can't test it.  Maybe while you're installing you need tab around to see if there's some kinnd of checkbox or something that you need to select stating you only want the free version.

Sent: Sunday, April 21, 2019 4:54 PM

[...]

I just downloaded the Switch for Windows, and still it wants me to pay for the version, so I tried downloading it again, and found in the FAQ section a free version, so I downloaded that, but low in behold, as soon as I unzipped it and opened it, I got the exact same message saying I have to pay for the license, and that my trial is up, but I don’t know how they figure that.  I remember even a few years ago, there was a free version even on the site of JAWS.  I will look in to this to see how much it cost, and if it is worth it or not before I pay.  Does it work well on Windows 7 or 10?

[...]

I used the link Mike provided. A fe links down was a link for downloads. I pressed enter on that and a dialog box came up on where to savge the file. I was using firefox.

After downloading it I went to the folder the file was. It was a executable file, not a zip. Ran it and agreed to the  eula, enter on next, and  next screen checked all check boxes to install all components. When done I ran the desktop icon and skipped the part about importing or setting up the library.

Just in case it helps. Here is the file I downloaded:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/drognitclm4gj03/SwitchAudioFileConverter711.exe?dl=0

Hope it helps.

Sent: Sunday, April 21, 2019 4:09 PM

HI,
I used a free version of Switch for several years some years ago though.
Janet

I/ve never heard of a free versin of swich.

Does anyone know where I can get a free version of Switch program? I
downloaded one, but it wants me to pay for it, and I don't even know if it
will work on Windows 7.  I haven't used the program in several years though,
so I'm not sure if it will work on Windows 7.  If someone could also give me
step by step instructions I would greatly appreciate it.
Thank you all in advance.
Janet

Mike B <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Janet,

You shouldn't have to unzip anything.  It should be an executable, .exe, that you just press enter on.  Anyways, here's the download link that I modified from the Shermanator to make the file easier to download.

Sent: Sunday, April 21, 2019 7:09 PM

[...]

Hi Richard,

It makes it much easier for people to download using your download link if you change the, 0, at the end of the link to a, 1.  Explained below:

From: Gene
Any time you have a Drop Box link for anything, one folder, one file, anything, if you change the 0 at the end of the link to a 1, it starts the download
instead of presenting the page.

If you have a folder with a lot of files in the folder and the folder isn't zipped, changing the link to the entire folder by replacing the 0 with a one
causes Drop Box to automatically send all the files in the folder as a zip file.

[...]

Jaffar Sidek

Hi Janet.  I rather suspect it's because the software detected that you had used a trial version before, and so it based it's info on the footprints left by it's trial cousin, as it were, on your system.  You can of course clear traces of the previously installed Switch trial, but I wouldn't recommend it as it would be dealing with registries and such, not worth the risk and bother.  Then again, you could reformat your system and do a clean install, but again, unless you are needing to do that, it's not worth the bother.  Switch is a fantastic converter, and I think for what it can potentially do, the price is worth it.  I paid for my version and have no regrets.  Cheers!

On 4/22/2019 6:54 AM, janet gross wrote:

[...]

Thank you so much for this.  I did download it, and it appears to be installed.  This Switch seems to be completely different from the one I downloaded though, so this is a good thing!  Smile!  Now I will try to work with it to see if it will convert.  I do have your instructions to set it up.  I also got a message saying Switch is installed.  I will work more with it tomorrow or later tonight.

Thank you again!  Janet

[...]

The new Switch seems to work a little different than  the older versions.  Here are some steps I put together to convert a folder of songs with the latest Switch.

1. Open Switch.
2. Copy the file path of the folder to the clipboard.
3. Go to the Switch program and Prress, Alt + F, to open the locate
folder..., and paste the file path right here.  You're in an edit field, so
you don't press enter, just paste the file path. Tab 1 time to, Select
folder..., and press the spacebar.
4. Tab to, Convert, and press the spacebar to start the conversion.
5. Press enter on, Open Output Folder, button to check your files and delete
files you don't want.

Sent: Sunday, April 21, 2019 8:16 PM

[...]

Yep. Thanks for the reminder on that. Just forgot to do so was in kind a rush on it.

Thanks.

Shermanator

Sent: Sunday, April 21, 2019 7:27 PM

Hi,

I used the link Mike provided. A fe links down was a link for downloads. I pressed enter on that and a dialog box came up on where to savge the file. I was using firefox.

After downloading it I went to the folder the file was. It was a executable file, not a zip. Ran it and agreed to the  eula, enter on next, and  next screen checked all check boxes to install all components. When done I ran the desktop icon and skipped the part about importing or setting up the library.

Just in case it helps. Here is the file I downloaded:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/drognitclm4gj03/SwitchAudioFileConverter711.exe?dl=0

Hope it helps.

Shermanator

Dave

Hello Jan,

What does the Switch program do?

Have not heard of this program.

Grumpy Dave

Howard Traxler <howard@...>

Is there a free version or only a trial version?

Sent: Sunday, April 21, 2019 4:54 PM