Sent: Monday, April 29, 2019 11:16 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] A Browser question?

Hi there Folks!

Was thinking about  switching my default browser from I.E. to Chrome.  Has anyone experienced any negatives with Chrome, if so what?  Thanks Much! de

<Wohlggie@...><KF8LT><Jim Wohlgamuth>.

Jim Wohlgamuth

Thanks Gene!

I do at this time have I.E. Edge, Firefox and Chrome.  I have been using I.E. for ever but now I think it is time for something new.  I will keep the others so if I cannot get one to work I will have something else to try<SMILE!>.  Thanks Much! de

<wohlggie@...><KF8LT><Jim Wohlgamuth>.

On 29-Apr-19 12:42, Gene wrote:
No browser is perfect.  Some browsers work better on a certain site than another.  therefore, while you may have a browser as your main browser, that doesn't mean you wouldn't try other browsers on sites that don't work well with the one you use as your main browser.

You will probably find some things you will have to get used to, such as that the interface for working with settings and features is different.  Chrome uses one menu.  I would suggest trying it, perhaps going through a tutorial that a member has made available and probably will give the link for in this thread.  but for just plain browsing, you don't have to learn much of anything so you can try that right away.  One important thing to know is that control l is used if you want to type an address.  Control o doesn't take you to that place in the program.

Sent: Monday, April 29, 2019 11:16 AM

Hi there Folks!

Was thinking about  switching my default browser from I.E. to Chrome.  Has anyone experienced any negatives with Chrome, if so what?  Thanks Much! de

<Wohlggie@...><KF8LT><Jim Wohlgamuth>.

Nothing to complain about Chrome.
However, it's far from being my favorite browser. That would be Firefox :)
And, well, in case you want to try this one as well, go for it. I do have Edge, Chrome, Firefox and IE on my machine but I mainly use Firefox and very seldom Chrome. Even very seldom Edge, because there's something I don't like and don't ask me what it is because even I don't know. LOL
Maybe I will get used to it with this new Chromium thing, let's hope so :)

Cheers,
Marcio AKA Starboy

Sent from a galaxy far, far away.

Follow or add me on Facebook

Em 29/04/2019 13:16, Jim Wohlgamuth disse:

Hi there Folks!

Was thinking about?? switching my default browser from I.E. to Chrome.?? Has anyone experienced any negatives with Chrome, if so what??? Thanks Much! de

<Wohlggie@...><KF8LT><Jim Wohlgamuth>.

Hey,
It's easy-peasy to get there!
With Chrome open, press alt, then, using up/down arrow, search for "more tools" (or something like that, because I don't know how it should appear in English) then look for extensions.
Now, when you get to extensions, please don't make the same mistake as I did! LOL
That is, if you just search something on the field available on this window, it's likely it will return no results at all. So, what you really want, being on extensions, is to find the Chrome Store.
When you find it, open it and now you can search for the extension you're after :)

Hth
Cheers,
Marcio AKA Starboy

Sent from a galaxy far, far away.

Follow or add me on Facebook

Em 29/04/2019 13:16, Jim Wohlgamuth disse:

Hi there Folks!

Was thinking about?? switching my default browser from I.E. to Chrome.?? Has anyone experienced any negatives with Chrome, if so what??? Thanks Much! de

<Wohlggie@...><KF8LT><Jim Wohlgamuth>.

Abbie Taylor

I really like Chrome. Besides my PC running Windows 10, I also use it on my BrailleNote Touch running Android 8, and my bookmarks and history are synchronized between devices. It works well with most sites. You can import bookmarks from other browsers, and once you do this, if you know the name of the bookmark you want to find, simply type the first few letters into the search bar and arrow down, and it should be there. I hope this helps. Happy browsing.