downloading with Chrome

Vicki W

I have a question about downloading files with Chrome. In IE, there was the option to "save as" so that I could name the file whatever I wanted before downloading it. Does that option exist somewhere in Chrome? I'm not finding it with JAWS if it does.

Thanks.

Vicki

Chris G <chris@...>

Hi Vicki,

Go to settings within Chrome.

Locate the advance button and press it.

You can then navigate by heading until you get to downloads.

You are looking for a button that says “ask where to save each file before downloading.

Turn it on by pressing enter and that should do it.

I have a question about downloading files with Chrome. In IE, there was the option to "save as" so that I could name the file whatever I wanted before downloading it. Does that option exist somewhere in Chrome? I'm not finding it with JAWS if it does.

Thanks.

Vicki

Vicki W

Thank you, but not exactly what I'm asking. I all ready have it set to download in a certain place. What I am asking is how can I rename the file before it starts downloading? In IE, there was a save as option where you could rename the file before it downloaded. In Chrome it just starts downloading.

Vicki

You can then navigate by heading until you get to downloads.

You are looking for a button that says “ask where to save each file before downloading.

Turn it on by pressing enter and that should do it.

I have a question about downloading files with Chrome. In IE, there was the option to "save as" so that I could name the file whatever I wanted before downloading it. Does that option exist somewhere in Chrome? I'm not finding it with JAWS if it does.

Thanks.

Vicki

Chris G <chris@...>

Vicki,

It is absolutely what you want.

Follow my instructions step by step, including pressing enter on the ask where to save each file button.

When you turn that button on, the next time you download a file you get a “save as” dialog box where you can change the name.

I just tested it and it works as you want .

[...]

Okie dokie! I will give it another try. I have been having trouble with Chrome crashing a lot, so maybe there is another issue. It is up to date, so I'll have to play around with it. Thank you.

Vicki

[...]

Thank you again. The problem was not Chrome. The problem was the version of JAWS I had loaded. I loaded 2019 and it worked great.

Vicki