downloading with Chrome

Vicki W

I have a question about downloading files with Chrome. In IE, there was the option to "save as" so that I could name the file whatever I wanted before downloading it. Does that option exist somewhere in Chrome? I'm not finding it with JAWS if it does.

Thanks.

Vicki

Chris G <chris@...>

Hi Vicki,

Go to settings within Chrome.

Locate the advance button and press it.

You can then navigate by heading until you get to downloads.

You are looking for a button that says “ask where to save each file before downloading.

Turn it on by pressing enter and that should do it.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Vicki W
Sent: Thursday, May 2, 2019 6:38 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] downloading with Chrome

I have a question about downloading files with Chrome. In IE, there was the option to "save as" so that I could name the file whatever I wanted before downloading it. Does that option exist somewhere in Chrome? I'm not finding it with JAWS if it does.

Thanks.

Vicki

Vicki W

Thank you, but not exactly what I'm asking. I all ready have it set to download in a certain place. What I am asking is how can I rename the file before it starts downloading? In IE, there was a save as option where you could rename the file before it downloaded. In Chrome it just starts downloading.

Vicki

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, May 03, 2019 1:56 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] downloading with Chrome

Hi Vicki,

You are looking for a button that says “ask where to save each file before downloading.

Thanks.

Vicki

Chris G <chris@...>

Vicki,

It is absolutely what you want.

Follow my instructions step by step, including pressing enter on the ask where to save each file button.

When you turn that button on, the next time you download a file you get a “save as” dialog box where you can change the name.

I just tested it and it works as you want .

Sent: Friday, May 3, 2019 10:01 AM

Thank you, but not exactly what I'm asking. I all ready have it set to download in a certain place. What I am asking is how can I rename the file before it starts downloading? In IE, there was a save as option where you could rename the file before it downloaded. In Chrome it just starts downloading.

Vicki

Hi Vicki,

Thanks.

Vicki

Vicki W

Okie dokie! I will give it another try. I have been having trouble with Chrome crashing a lot, so maybe there is another issue. It is up to date, so I'll have to play around with it. Thank you.

Vicki

Sent: Friday, May 03, 2019 8:25 AM

Vicki,

Follow my instructions step by step, including pressing enter on the ask where to save each file button.

When you turn that button on, the next time you download a file you get a “save as” dialog box where you can change the name.

Vicki

Hi Vicki,

Thanks.

Vicki

Vicki W

Thank you again. The problem was not Chrome. The problem was the version of JAWS I had loaded. I loaded 2019 and it worked great.

Vicki

Sent: Friday, May 03, 2019 8:25 AM

Vicki,

Vicki

Hi Vicki,

Thanks.

Vicki