Trouble with M.facebook.com

Luis Guerra <screenreader@...>

Hi listers,
I'm using the latest versions of Jaws and Google Chrome. The Edit fields for posting and serch are not showing up on m.facebook.com.
How can I repair this?
Suggestions are welcomed. Thanks

Abbie Taylor

I don't know about searching, but for posting, use the Jaws find command to search for the word "more." It doesn't show up as anything clickable, but when you find it, press Enter, and you should be taken to a page where you can create your post. I hope this helps.I

Shelly Kane

What is the Jaws find command?  With IE, there is a place where you can post and it actually tells you which is nice.  There is also more around the same area as well.

Shelly

On 5/18/2019 2:18 PM, Abbie Taylor wrote:
I don't know about searching, but for posting, use the Jaws find command to search for the word "more." It doesn't show up as anything clickable, but when you find it, press Enter, and you should be taken to a page where you can create your post. I hope this helps.I

Smiling?

Control+F and this is not a JAWS find command, this applies to all browsers I’ve used anyway and would imagine that this will also work with most other screen readers just the same.

What is the Jaws find command?  With IE, there is a place where you can post and it actually tells you which is nice.  There is also more around the same area as well.

Shelly

On 5/18/2019 2:18 PM, Abbie Taylor wrote:

I don't know about searching, but for posting, use the Jaws find command to search for the word "more." It doesn't show up as anything clickable, but when you find it, press Enter, and you should be taken to a page where you can create your post. I hope this helps.I

chris judge

Hi. Try maximizing chrome. It has a tendency to open minimized.

I'm using the latest versions of Jaws and Google Chrome. The Edit fields for posting and serch are not showing up on m.facebook.com.
How can I repair this?
Suggestions are welcomed. Thanks

chris judge

Hi shelly. Control F is the jaws find command, and should work on any browser.

What is the Jaws find command?  With IE, there is a place where you can post and it actually tells you which is nice.  There is also more around the same area as well.

Shelly

On 5/18/2019 2:18 PM, Abbie Taylor wrote:

I don't know about searching, but for posting, use the Jaws find command to search for the word "more." It doesn't show up as anything clickable, but when you find it, press Enter, and you should be taken to a page where you can create your post. I hope this helps.I

Gene

It isn't necessarily the same.  In NVDA, the command is NVDA control f.  In Window-eyes, it is control shift f.  The reason control f works in JAWS is because JAWS overrides the actual browser find, which won't work in the Virtual PC cursor and uses its own command.  NVDA and Window-eyes don't override the browser's find command and use their own commands for use in browse mode, the same thing as the virtual PC cursor with a different name.

.