Trouble with M.facebook.com

Luis Guerra <screenreader@...>

Hi listers,
I'm using the latest versions of Jaws and Google Chrome. The Edit fields for posting and serch are not showing up on m.facebook.com.
How can I repair this?
Suggestions are welcomed. Thanks

Abbie Taylor

I don't know about searching, but for posting, use the Jaws find command to search for the word "more." It doesn't show up as anything clickable, but when you find it, press Enter, and you should be taken to a page where you can create your post. I hope this helps.I

Shelly Kane

What is the Jaws find command?  With IE, there is a place where you can post and it actually tells you which is nice.  There is also more around the same area as well.

Shelly

On 5/18/2019 2:18 PM, Abbie Taylor wrote:
I don't know about searching, but for posting, use the Jaws find command to search for the word "more." It doesn't show up as anything clickable, but when you find it, press Enter, and you should be taken to a page where you can create your post. I hope this helps.I

Smiling?

Control+F and this is not a JAWS find command, this applies to all browsers I’ve used anyway and would imagine that this will also work with most other screen readers just the same.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Shelly Kane
Sent: Saturday, May 18, 2019 11:20 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Trouble with M.facebook.com

What is the Jaws find command?  With IE, there is a place where you can post and it actually tells you which is nice.  There is also more around the same area as well.

Shelly

chris judge

Hi. Try maximizing chrome. It has a tendency to open minimized.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Luis Guerra via Groups.Io
Sent: May 17, 2019 6:06 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] Trouble with M.facebook.com

Hi listers,
I'm using the latest versions of Jaws and Google Chrome. The Edit fields for posting and serch are not showing up on m.facebook.com.
How can I repair this?

chris judge

Hi shelly. Control F is the jaws find command, and should work on any browser.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Shelly Kane
Sent: May 19, 2019 3:20 AM

Shelly

Gene

It isn't necessarily the same.  In NVDA, the command is NVDA control f.  In Window-eyes, it is control shift f.  The reason control f works in JAWS is because JAWS overrides the actual browser find, which won't work in the Virtual PC cursor and uses its own command.  NVDA and Window-eyes don't override the browser's find command and use their own commands for use in browse mode, the same thing as the virtual PC cursor with a different name.

Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, May 19, 2019 5:01 AM

Control+F and this is not a JAWS find command, this applies to all browsers I’ve used anyway and would imagine that this will also work with most other screen readers just the same.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Shelly Kane
Sent: Saturday, May 18, 2019 11:20 PM

Shelly

Shelly Kane

I already did that.

On 5/19/2019 6:09 AM, chris judge wrote:
Hi. Try maximizing chrome. It has a tendency to open minimized.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Luis Guerra via Groups.Io
Sent: May 17, 2019 6:06 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] Trouble with M.facebook.com

Hi listers,
How can I repair this?