How accessible are the Zoom H1 and H6 recorders? #digitalrecorders

The Harmonic Rainbow

Hi!
This is my first post here to the list, but I wanted to ask you all, for those who either have the Zoom H1 or H6 recorders, how accessible are the menus? Can you control them with your computer's software?
I bought the H1 from eBay before I realised I should've gotten the H6 because it's a lot more advanced, plus it has some XLR and TRS combo inputs. I just took a few CAVI courses on audio essentials and am interested in monetising some of my stuff.
Anyhow, if you have any information that you think might be helpful, please let me know! :-)
Best wishes,
-Heavenly Harmony

Eden <edenkizer@...>

Hi Harmony, I know you can not control either of these with software. It's all directly on the device. The only zoom that can be controlled by an app is an f8 You and I just need to go recorder shopping and have someone help us at least get it set up, we could use chira for some but not all because we have to assemble it. I should not have returned the one I bought.

The Harmonic Rainbow

Hi!
What a small world! Anyway, I know a guy from Michigan who is into these stuff..you may have heard of him... his name is Adriano. Anyhow, I think I remember he telling me once about owning a Zoom recorder.
Hmm, depending on where you got it, you could probably say that you only returned it because you had nobody available to help you, but you changed your mind. Then again, they might think you were playing games with them or something, so they might get a little annoyed, but I didn't quite get the part about you controlling F8 with the app.
Anyway, I'm supposed to be getting it to-morrow hopefully! FedEx said it was already in Portland!
-Heavenly Harmony
http://www.sensation-experience.com/

Eden <edenkizer@...>

Oh cool. What I meant is there is an app for the f8 however that is more meant for shooting audio time-coded for vido and such, it's a little overkill for us and also pricey at 800 dollars.
Eden

The Harmonic Rainbow

Oh, okay. That makes more sense now.
Thanks!