Having trouble turning on audio description with Amazon fire stick remote...

Holly

I know this may have been covered before, but I just recently got my fire stick up and running. I have been able to activate the remote talking feature and the Echo interface.

I also found a list of all the audio described movies and TV shows, but I can't seem to turn on the audio description when I have a show starting.

I tried pressing the menu button on the remote to try to find play back options, but all I get is info about the current show.

Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Holly

Danny Park

try THIS:

1.Select the show you want
2. Press the pause button
3. Press the Menu button twice.4. Press the down arrow once this should put you on the sub-title audio selection press select and choose the selection you nee.Once you are through back out of the Menu and press the play button.
Hope this helps.

Dann

I know this may have been covered before, but I just recently got my fire
stick up and running. I have been able to activate the remote talking
feature and the Echo interface.

I also found a list of all the audio described movies and TV shows, but I
can't seem to turn on the audio description when I have a show starting.

I tried pressing the menu button on the remote to try to find play back
options, but all I get is info about the current show.

Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Holly

Holly

Hi Danny:

Thanks so much. I was missing the step of pressing the menu button twice. I thought I had Googled just about all info on this and never saw that.

Thanks so much.

Holly

Holly

Danny:

One more question. Do you have to select video description every time you start a new movie or TV show?

Holly

Danny Park

Glad that I could help. No, once you turn it on it is there until you turn it off again.

Danny

One more question. Do you have to select video description every time you
start a new movie or TV show?

Holly

Holly

Danny:

Thanks so much. You were a great help.

Holly

"Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time."
THOMAS A. EDISON

Vicky Vaughan

Hi Holly, I missed the answer you received. Would you be so kind as to
forward it on to me at:
Vrvaughan63@gmail.com

Thanks so very much!

Sincerely, Vicky V

"Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed
is always to try just one more time."
THOMAS A. EDISON

---
https://www.avg.com

Kerryn Gunness <k_gunness@...>

guys
i missed this thread
i have a fire stick,
how do you turn on accessibility?
how do you turn on audio describe content?
hope you all don't mind to share it again
thanks

"Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time."
THOMAS A. EDISON

Holly

Hi Karen:

Here is a link to some good info about the fire stick accessibility. Check it out.

If you have more questions, just ask.

https://www.perkinselearning.org/technology/blog/amazon-fire-tv-stick-accessibility-review

Kerryn Gunness <k_gunness@...>

thanks holly
will look at it

Here is a link to some good info about the fire stick accessibility. Check it out.

If you have more questions, just ask.

https://www.perkinselearning.org/technology/blog/amazon-fire-tv-stick-accessibility-review

Holly

Karen:

Also, here are the instructions to turn on audio description after you get your remote voice view working.

I had trouble finding out anything on the web to do this, but Danny came to the rescue. Here are his directions to turn on audio description.

1.Select the show you want
2. Press the pause button
3. Press the Menu button twice.4. Press the down arrow once this should put
you on the sub-title audio selection press select and choose the selection
you nee.Once you are through back out of the Menu and press the play button.

You can find a list of audio described shows on Amazon prime video.

Once you choose audio description, it will come on every time you start an audio described TV show or movie.

Billy Inglis

hi all, i find it impossible to know if the program in question has AD using the firestick?.