From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Marcio via Groups.Io
Sent: Wednesday, May 22, 2019 12:03 PM
To: Techtalk List <main@TechTalk.groups.io>
Subject: [TechTalk] Disable Narrator Home in Windows 10

Starting in Windows 10 version 1809 'October 2018 Update', the built-in Narrator feature now includes a new dialog, Quick Start Guide. It is intended to teach the user the basics of using Narrator, including its keyboard shortcuts, navigation, commands you can use, and more. With Windows 10 version 1903 'May 2019 Update', Quick Start Guide is replaced with a new 'Narrator Home' screen. If you are not happy to see it, here is how to disable the Narrator Home feature in Windows 10.

Read the article: Disable Narrator Home in Windows 10
Link: https://winaero.com/blog/disable-narrator-home-in-windows-10/

Cheers,
Marcio

AKA Starboy

Sent from a galaxy far, far away.

Timothy,
Is it true that unlike other screenreaders, the Narrator for windows10 has the added advantage of being accessible on safe-mode?
Hmmm, I don't know, really.
I wouldn't be surprised if it was since we are talking about Microsoft and well Narrator is the official Microsoft's screen reader.

Cheers,
Marcio AKA Starboy

Sent from a galaxy far, far away.

Diana Martin

I was wondering the same thing. If we can now use narrator in safe mode, that may come in handy.

Marcio <https://tinyurl.com/TlkTM>
AKA Starboy

Sent from a galaxy far, far away.

William Vandervest

I thought there used to be a registry hack thet would allow any screen
reader to work in safe mode, does this hack no longer work?
Thanks