test message

Jeffrey Schwartz

I have not received a message from this list for over a day. 

Jeff

Jeffrey Schwartz

I have not received a message from this list for a day or more.  Am I coming through?

Thanks,

Jeff   

Timothy Mok

Yes, you certainly are, Jeff.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jeffrey Schwartz
Sent: Friday, May 24, 2019 8:35 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] test message

I have not received a message from this list for a day or more.  Am I coming through?

Thanks,

Jeff   

Virus-free. www.avast.com

Monte Single

yes

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jeffrey Schwartz
Sent: May-24-19 6:35 AM

Thanks,

Jeff   

Gene

When people write to lists, any list, and say they haven't received any messages from a list for a period of time when there have been messages, why do people answer on list.  People are unlikely to receive list answers if they aren't receiving list mail.  Is it generally because they don't know how to send a message to the person offlist?  Which leads to the perfect opportunity to suggest a discussion on how to send mail to someone's address as an individual.  How this is done varies depending on the e-mail program being used but it is an important thing to know for anyone who wants to send messages off list to anyone.  And again, I'm not just talking about this list.  I repeatedly and often see people addressing people on lists, responding to something or following up with something that would make much more sense to discuss off list. 

For example, I see someone ask someone if they are such and such a person they used to know and the other person answering on list.  I suspect this would be done much less if people knew how to write to people off list, using the list message as the way to do so or get the address from.

Gene

Jeffrey Schwartz

Thanks Tim.

Jeff

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Timothy Mok
Sent: Friday, May 24, 2019 8:39 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] test message

Yes, you certainly are, Jeff.

Sent: Friday, May 24, 2019 8:35 PM

Thanks,

Jeff   

Virus-free. www.avast.com

Jeffrey Schwartz

Gene could you give us some guidance on how one responds to individual  on Outlook sixteen?

Thanks,

PS: using Jaws eighteen

Jeff

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Friday, May 24, 2019 8:48 AM

When people write to lists, any list, and say they haven't received any messages from a list for a period of time when there have been messages, why do people answer on list.  People are unlikely to receive list answers if they aren't receiving list mail.  Is it generally because they don't know how to send a message to the person offlist?  Which leads to the perfect opportunity to suggest a discussion on how to send mail to someone's address as an individual.  How this is done varies depending on the e-mail program being used but it is an important thing to know for anyone who wants to send messages off list to anyone.  And again, I'm not just talking about this list.  I repeatedly and often see people addressing people on lists, responding to something or following up with something that would make much more sense to discuss off list. 

For example, I see someone ask someone if they are such and such a person they used to know and the other person answering on list.  I suspect this would be done much less if people knew how to write to people off list, using the list message as the way to do so or get the address from.

Gene

Gene

I don't use Outlook.  I use Windows Live Mail and I can discuss that if people wish. 

Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, May 24, 2019 8:22 AM

Gene could you give us some guidance on how one responds to individual  on Outlook sixteen?

Thanks,

Jeff

Gene

Gene,
How this is done varies depending on the e-mail program being used but it is an important thing to know for anyone who wants to send messages off list to anyone.
Actually, for groups.io lists I guess this can be easily done. There's always a "reply to sender" on every email sent to the list.
Trouble with it is that it's not always that the sender is the original poster, but then it's a matter of finding the right topic in which to use such option.

Cheers,
Marcio AKA Starboy

Sent from a galaxy far, far away.

--
Are you a Thunderbird user? Then join the Thunderbird mailing list to help and be helped with all Thunderbird things - questions, features, add-ons and much more!

Gene

As far as I know, reply to sender is seen in messages you look at on the web site, not in mail sent to an e-mail program by Groups.io.

Gene

Sent: Friday, May 24, 2019 12:40 PM

Gene,
How this is done varies depending on the e-mail program being used but it is an important thing to know for anyone who wants to send messages off list to anyone.
Actually, for groups.io lists I guess this can be easily done. There's always a "reply to sender" on every email sent to the list.
Trouble with it is that it's not always that the sender is the original poster, but then it's a matter of finding the right topic in which to use such option.

Cheers,
Marcio AKA Starboy

--
Are you a Thunderbird user? Then join the Thunderbird mailing list to help and be helped with all Thunderbird things - questions, features, add-ons and much more!

Gene

I just checked.  Reply to sender is a link in messages you receive by e-mail from Groups.io.  I thought it was only on the web site but it is on messages you receive by e-mail as well.

Gene

Sent: Friday, May 24, 2019 1:12 PM

As far as I know, reply to sender is seen in messages you look at on the web site, not in mail sent to an e-mail program by Groups.io.

Gene

Gene,

Cheers,
Marcio AKA Starboy

--

Carolyn Arnold

Outlook, to get the email address of the list sender:

Alt+1.

Copy that line by pressing Control+A; then Control+C.

Get out of that message. Control+N to start a new one. Paste
information in To Field; then edit everything out other than
the sender's address.

Then hop to it, subject, message body and send.

Best regards,

Carolyn

-----Original Message-----
[mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Friday, May 24, 2019 9:30 AM

I don't use Outlook. I use Windows Live Mail and I can
discuss that if people wish.

Gene

<mailto:jeffreyschwartz0238@...>
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io <mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io>

Gene could you give us some guidance on how one responds to
individual on Outlook sixteen?

Thanks,

Jeff

<mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io> <main@TechTalk.groups.io
<mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io> > On Behalf Of Gene

When people write to lists, any list, and say they haven't
received any messages from a list for a period of time when
there have been messages, why do people answer on list.
People are unlikely to receive list answers if they aren't
receiving list mail. Is it generally because they don't
know how to send a message to the person offlist? Which
leads to the perfect opportunity to suggest a discussion on
how to send mail to someone's address as an individual. How
this is done varies depending on the e-mail program being
used but it is an important thing to know for anyone who
wants to send messages off list to anyone. And again, I'm
not just talking about this list. I repeatedly and often
see people addressing people on lists, responding to
something or following up with something that would make
much more sense to discuss off list.

For example, I see someone ask someone if they are such and
such a person they used to know and the other person
answering on list. I suspect this would be done much less
if people knew how to write to people off list, using the
list message as the way to do so or get the address from.

Gene

Carolyn Arnold

Well, it doesn't work. Someone told me that with JAWS, Insert-R would work. I will try that next time, maybe.

Best regards,

Carolyn

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Friday, May 24, 2019 2:40 PM
To: Gene <gsasner@...>; main@TechTalk.groups.io

I just checked. Reply to sender is a link in messages you receive by e-mail from Groups.io. I thought it was only on the web site but it is on messages you receive by e-mail as well.

Gene

Sent: Friday, May 24, 2019 1:12 PM

Gene

Gene,

Cheers,
Marcio <https://tinyurl.com/TlkTM>
AKA Starboy

--
Are you a Thunderbird user? Then join the Thunderbird mailing list <https://groups.io/g/thunderbird/> to help and be helped with all Thunderbird things - questions, features, add-ons and much more!

Gene

That is in JAWS.  The command you gave is a JAWS command and won't work, as far as I know, with NVDA.

Gene

Sent: Friday, May 24, 2019 5:52 PM

Alt+1.

the sender's address.

Best regards,

Carolyn

I don't use Outlook.  I use Windows Live Mail and I can

Gene

<mailto:jeffreyschwartz0238@...

individual  on Outlook sixteen?

Thanks,

Jeff

<mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io>  <main@TechTalk.groups.io

receiving list mail.  Is it generally because they don't
know how to send a message to the person offlist?  Which
how to send mail to someone's address as an individual.  How
wants to send messages off list to anyone.  And again, I'm
not just talking about this list.  I repeatedly and often

answering on list.  I suspect this would be done much less

Gene

Ann Parsons

Hi all,

Why are you going through all those machinations? Just do shift-tab till you're in the field you want to be in. Shift-tab works with all screen readers. It's a windows command.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring
EMAIL: akp@...
Author of The Demmies: http://www.dldbooks.com/annparsons/
Portal Tutoring web site: http://www.portaltutoring.info

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."

Smiling?

This has been a way of doing this with JAWS since probably before XP, but having never used a screen reader prior to XP I truly do not know, but once again here is a way of accomplishing this with Outlook, or Outlook Express using JAWS.

If you are a JAWS user, just Alt+1 and quickly press the 1 key twice to virtualize that particular field and copy and paste it wherever (you might want to paste it into Notepad so you can look at the specifics of it and make sure that it’s truly what it is that you were after) and to the others that said that some email lists no  longer show the senders address, I agree with them. It's been the case for several years now, but most of the time you will be able to get whomever's address. Just don't be  surprised if you for whatever reasons, can not.

Sent: Friday, May 24, 2019 6:23 AM

Thanks,

Jeff

For example, I see someone ask someone if they are such and such a person they used to know and the other person answering on list  I suspect this would be done much less if people knew how to write to people off list, using the list message as the way to do so or get the address from.

Gene

Carolyn Arnold

Right, JAWS command. Alt+1 and Insert+R are JAWS commands.

Best regards,

Carolyn

Sent: Friday, May 24, 2019 9:29 PM

That is in JAWS. The command you gave is a JAWS command and
won't work, as far as I know, with NVDA.

Gene

Alt+1.

the sender's address.

Best regards,

Carolyn

<mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io>

Gene

Thanks,

Jeff

Gene

Jeffrey Schwartz

When I use shift plus tab, I get to the senders email but it is a button.
When I press the space bar nothing happens.
Jeff

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Carolyn
Arnold
Sent: Saturday, May 25, 2019 10:44 AM

Best regards,

Carolyn

That is in JAWS. The command you gave is a JAWS command and won't work, as
far as I know, with NVDA.

Gene

Alt+1.

Get out of that message. Control+N to start a new one. Paste information in
To Field; then edit everything out other than the sender's address.

Best regards,

Carolyn

I don't use Outlook. I use Windows Live Mail and I can discuss that if
people wish.

Gene

Gene could you give us some guidance on how one responds to individual on
Outlook sixteen?

Thanks,

Jeff

<mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io> <mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io> > On
Behalf Of Gene

When people write to lists, any list, and say they haven't received any
messages from a list for a period of time when there have been messages, why
do people answer on list.
People are unlikely to receive list answers if they aren't receiving list
mail. Is it generally because they don't know how to send a message to the
person offlist? Which leads to the perfect opportunity to suggest a
discussion on how to send mail to someone's address as an individual. How
this is done varies depending on the e-mail program being used but it is an
important thing to know for anyone who wants to send messages off list to
anyone. And again, I'm not just talking about this list. I repeatedly and
often see people addressing people on lists, responding to something or
following up with something that would make much more sense to discuss off
list.

For example, I see someone ask someone if they are such and such a person
they used to know and the other person answering on list. I suspect this
would be done much less if people knew how to write to people off list,
using the list message as the way to do so or get the address from.

Gene

Carolyn Arnold

The only thing I know to do, when using Shift+Tab is to
press Control+A, then Control+C. Then, start new message.
Then Control+V. Then edit, because you don't want anything
but the sender's address, and there will be the group
information that you have to remove.

Best regards,

Carolyn

[mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jeffrey
Schwartz
Sent: Saturday, May 25, 2019 5:44 PM

When I use shift plus tab, I get to the senders email but it
is a button.
When I press the space bar nothing happens.
Jeff

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On
Behalf Of Carolyn Arnold
Sent: Saturday, May 25, 2019 10:44 AM

Best regards,

Carolyn

That is in JAWS. The command you gave is a JAWS command and
won't work, as far as I know, with NVDA.

Gene

Alt+1.

the sender's address.

Best regards,

Carolyn

Gene

Thanks,

Jeff

Gene

Ann Parsons

Hi all,

Sometimes you have to hit shift-tab more times to be sure you're on the edit field and not the button.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring
EMAIL: akp@...
Author of The Demmies: http://www.dldbooks.com/annparsons/
Portal Tutoring web site: http://www.portaltutoring.info

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."