Frustrated that emails are not being received that I send.

Carolyn Arnold

More and more, my personal email system is just totally
breaking - like a bombed town. Fortunately, the problem has
not happened with the lists yet. I'm skeptical though.

Many of my recipients have cable email addresses, and that
seems to be the really biggie. With a few, the only way they
get s o m e of my email is for me to go to the Net to send
it or my phone. I don't have a lot of email addresses in my
phone - just another job to do I guess.

I have called my server. They say it is not their problem,
since they will go out on the net. I have checked with
Microsoft Accessibility, who has unloaded and reloaded
Outlook - wow, another pain, had to unfilter 25 boxes and
switch from descending order to ascending order.

So, here is one thing I wonder. If I got rid of my phone
company server and got cable, would I have assurance that
the problem would be solved. Then, too, if I did that, I'd
have to change my address in all of my lists, which all have
message rules. Needless to say, I'm perplexed, annoyed, and
frustrated.

Any ideas can't hurt and would be appreciated.

One reason I am so extremely upset is because last week I
had important information for two family members. They did
not get the emails, so naturally did not respond. They could
not.

If you pray, don't worry; if you worry, don't pray,

Carolyn

Gene

maybe its time to try another e-mail program.

Sent: Tuesday, June 11, 2019 11:50 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] Frustrated that emails are not being received that I send.

[...]

Could be. I have no idea how to determine which would be
best, where to find out how to set up message rules for my
folders. What to do to download. How do I transfer from
Outlook to whatever? What do I then do to dump Outlook? I am
clueless. Then, after all that, and I had the same problem?
The one that has the hardest time getting my mail did not
get one from my phone last night.

I started emailing in 2004 - Outlook Express, just worked.
No problem, year in and year out. Now, it seems that
emailing is regressing going backward in time some way or
other. How could it work better in 2004 than it does now? I
haven't a clue.

I wonder if I just spent the money on a computer from
Computers for the Blind, if there would be a solution. My
computer is four years old. I'm sure theirs would be older.

Best regards,

Carolyn

[...]

I don't know if changing programs will do any good and I don't know if it is your problem or the otherpeoples' problems.  But it won't be difficult to just try another program.  If you want the least to learn, you can try the old version of Windows Live Mail.  I can't guarantee it will work, but I know one or two people who are using it in Windows 10.  I'm not sure if there are any problems, but as far as I know, if there are, they are minor in terms of how well the program works in Windows 10.

If you are using POP3, you can create message rules in the program itself.  If you are using IMAP, you can't.

You may want to make this as simple and easy as possible.  At first, you can set up whatever accounts you want and not create message rules.  You can import the address book and just try the program to see if the people can get your messages who can't now.  It sounds as though not all problems of others receiving your mail will be solved but, if they are significantly improved, you may want to switch to the program.  If not, it doesn't matter and you can keep using Outlook.

The program is similar to Outlook Express and as you look through the program, you will see that there won't be much to learn because of the similarity.

You can try another program like Thunderbird but the old version of Windows Live Mail will require the least learning.

[...]

Mike B.

Hi Carolyn,

Other than your current internet service provider, what other companies do you have a choice of?  If you post your options you might get feedback on how well they are doing for others.  Has your current provider done some updating and you haven't changed your email program settings to reflect the updating?  I haven't followed this thread, but has your current provider tried to help you?  Have you compared email program settings to see if they're correct?

[...]

The problem is that certain people aren't getting messages from her or they at times go into spam.  At times, the same people can receive messages from her if she sends mail not using Outlook, but using the GMail page directly.

[...]

Marie <magpie.mn@...>

In the beginning I believe she said it was with people who used RR as their provider. Now it seems there may be others and I find this unusual since I have been using Gmail for at least ten years and don’t have this problem
Marie

[...]

I wonder if using the “delivery receipt requested” option in outlook would provide Carolyn with some insight as to what’s happening. Could be set for all messages or she could use it on selected ones. HTH Norma

[...]

I have IMAP.

Here is a question. Is Windows Life Mail one that is soon to
be going? Could be there is no way to know that about
anything.

Best regards,

Carolyn

[...]

My provider has tried to help. The only alternative I know
of is our cable provider. My husband is reluctant to make
that change.

My provider has tried to help, but says that since we can
get most emails from the Net received, it is not their
problem. I have contacted Microsoft Accessibility. They
removed Outlook and reloaded - no help at all. Evidently,
for some reason, more and more of my messages are going to
Spam. Some people don't even know what or where spam is. I
have it for my Gmail, but would have to go to web for my
server spam.

One of my friends still has Outlook Express and XP. She has
called a computer pro out twice, and he can't find anything
wrong with her system.

Now, the latest is a new list all of a sudden just stopped.
I get nothing whatsoever from them, sent one, mine did not
appear.

I am not super techy savvy, so it seems as if it is coming
to the point of shut up, I'm stuck with it, just too bad.

Best regards,

Carolyn

Other than your current internet service provider, what
other companies do you have a choice of? If you post your
options you might get feedback on how well they are doing
for others. Has your current provider done some updating
and you haven't changed your email program settings to
reflect the updating? I haven't followed this thread, but
has your current provider tried to help you? Have you
compared email program settings to see if they're correct?

No one has more to say than the woman who says she doesn't
want to talk about it.

[...]

There are at least two that I know that can only get Gmail,
if I send from the Net, and one cannot get them even from my
Gmail Account on the Net. She just can't get them at all
period.

Best regards,

Carolyn

[...]

For the most part it is rr people, but the latest one has Comcast.net.

Best regards,

Carolyn

[...]

That would go on my mail to the lists too, if I went to
Outlook and set that, since these come from my server
address, which is in Outlook 2013.

Best regards,

Carolyn

[...]

As I said previously, you have the option of invoking it for certain
messages.

[...]

I don't know anyone using RR but I have a comcast account and am currently having problems getting some things from Groups.io. So hang in there, the problem may not be on your end.

[...]

Pamela Dominguez

Well, microsoft hasn't supported it for years now. It's just that some of us still use it. I had a hard time with one of the people at the microsoft disability desk because of that. He didn't want to help me with computer problems because I had unsupported programs on there. Pam.

[...]

---
https://www.avg.com

Carolyn Arnold

Phones for the Blind seems to be active now, so, at least
that is not a problem for me.

Best regards,

Carolyn

[...]

That is reassuring - not a solution, but at least, not all
my problem and responsibility.

Best regards,

Carolyn

[...]

I'm not 2sure what you mean by sure to be going.  it is no longer supported but that doesn't mean it can't be used nor does it mean it won't be able to be used in the future.  E-mail is an old protocol and if there are changes that will make the program not function with it, they may either never come or probably a long time away.

However, if you want message rules, you can't make them using IMAP in the program.  You have to make them in your web interface for your account with the e-mail provider.  If you want a program where you can make e-mail rules in the program using IMAP, you can do so with Thunderbird.  But just for testing, it would be easier to use Windows Live Mail.  You could send people messages and see if they get them.  If you find that using another e-mail program helps enough to be worth switching, you could try Thunderbird.  There isn't that much to learn but just for testing, the old Windows Live Mail is very similar to Outlook Express.