Topics

android accessibility

Kerryn Gunness

        does it have any mailing list for my subject line?
thanks

kerryn

Kerryn,
does it have any mailing list for my subject line?
Yes, there is a couple that I ever recommend in topics  like this one.
The first is the Eyes Free list. This was supposed to be the official list for all things related to Android and Google Accessibility, although every now and then topics that aren't in fact off topic are being flagged as this. Go figure...
Not to mention that things there can get a bit hard sometimes with folks discussing whether Apple is better than Google etc etc.
Anyway, should you want to join, send a blank email to eyes-free+subscribe@...

Now, if you want a list to talk freely (that is, without moderation) about Android, with the plus of plenty of friendly folks, then you should give ANTAD a go. Nowadays when it comes to Android this is the best list I've ever seen.
All kinds of discussion happens there as well, only that it's always in a very polite way and there's no disrespectful messages if you don't agree with something.
So, should you want to join, send a blank email to antad+subscribe@...

Cheers,
Marcio AKA Starboy

Sent from a galaxy far, far away.

Carolyn Arnold

I don't know anything about the latter list, but did enjoy the Eyes-Free list, when considering an Android phone. I especially enjoyed the videos and found the list to be quite lively, although very high traffic.

Best regards,

Carolyn

Anyway, should you want to join, send a blank email to eyes-free+subscribe@... <mailto:eyes-free+subscribe@...>

Now, if you want a list to talk freely (that is, without moderation) about Android, with the plus of plenty of friendly folks, then you should give ANTAD a go. Nowadays when it comes to Android this is the best list I've ever seen.
All kinds of discussion happens there as well, only that it's always in a very polite way and there's no disrespectful messages if you don't agree with something.
So, should you want to join, send a blank email to antad+subscribe@... <mailto:antad+subscribe@...>

Cheers,
Marcio <https://tinyurl.com/TlkTM>
AKA Starboy

Sent from a galaxy far, far away.

Amy Gordon

Do these groups still exist?

On 6/25/19, Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...> wrote:
[...]

Thunderbird things - questions, features, add-ons and much more!

Nimer Jaber

Yes, they certainly do still exist.

Thanks.

On Tue, Jun 25, 2019 at 12:57 PM Amy Gordon <asg1241@...> wrote:
Do these groups still exist?

On 6/25/19, Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...> wrote:
> I don't know anything about the latter list, but did enjoy the Eyes-Free
> list, when considering an Android phone. I especially enjoyed the videos and
> found the list to be quite lively, although very high traffic.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Carolyn

up to you. Thanks.

Registered Linux User 529141.
http://counter.li.org/

and above, please click here:
http://www.nvda-project.org

you, and have a great day!

Eyes-free barely has any traffic now. Antad, which is far more
authoritative than eyes-free, has regular traffic. Sorry, no moderation!
If you prefer moderation, Antad IS NOT THE LIST for you! But if you are not
faint-hearted and you're after tearing apart the innards of your Android toy
and making it your own, welcome onboard!

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado

Amy Gordon asked:

"Do these groups still exist?"

There are myriads of Android lists all over the Internet. One or two on
freelists.org, any number on groups.io, and googlegroups.com/ Some are
active, others are rather quiet with barely any traffic. You can learn as
much as you choose to know on any number of Android lists, or, you can just
read the list silently, shrug your shoulders and get a good laugh or get mad
at a writer and hold back your anger. Ready-made, well-tailored stuff works
for some, Android is for explorers and that's why there are a trillion
choices on the platform. I prefer the platform because it reminds me so
much of Windows and its openness tells me that I can throw a baseball bat at
it and hit a home run if I am reasonably smart enough. But, alas, Olusegun
is not all that smart; I do however enjoy exploring and tearing my Shiny
Android toys to shreds and putting them back together just as I do with
Windows!

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado

Kerryn Gunness

cool

[...]

Sharon S

Hi, yes both lists are still active. I am a member of both lists and can recommend them both.

From Shaz.
Canberra, Australia.

antad+<mailto:antad+subscribe@...>