new eye phone 6 user with a few questions after updating.

Mich Verrier

hello all. yesterday i updated from my eye phone 4s to a eye phone 6 16 gb. i was able to install alex and got the people at the stor to ristor my phone from my eye clowd backup. the only ishu i seem to have is that i am no longer getting notifications on my phone on the lock screen or anywair elts it seems. now i have not checked the nodification senter but i mostley would have my phone give me notifications on the lock screen. now i have gone in to notifications on my phone and have them set to alerts and not banners. some of these were set to banners and not alerts. now i do have the badges on them set to on so should i turn off these? since for instince the braking news app every time there was braking news i would get a alert on my phone there would be a noise and then vo would read to me what the braking news was or what ever the notification is. now i am not getting this since doing the update. many thanks for any help any one can give me regarding this. from Mich.

Matt

Well, if you have notification turn on for these apps you should get them if these apps does give out notification.

I would first try closing all apps out of the foreground and then the app switcher and rebooting the phone.

If that works then problem solved.

If not than you might have to be more aggressive and do a restore and put the device back from a restore point and see if that solves your problem.

If not the only other thing is to do a restore and put the phone back as a new device . This should fix your problems.

Also are you running the latest IOS9 on it ?

If not by all means update to the latest IOS 9 which I think is 9.2!

If none of this works then it is Apple time.

If you are close to Apple store then go in with it. If not then a call to them is at hand.

[...]

Danny Park

If you go into settings accessibility Voiceover ther is a setting called speak notifications that is either on or off this says whether to speak them on the lock screen or not.

Danny

Sent: Thursday, December 31, 2015 5:42 PM